Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help choosing degree/school
(08-07-2021, 10:18 PM)the_mara_effect Wrote: thanks, i posted my eval, but I am not looking to finish a BSBA due to what I mentioned in my original post. I wish there were a degree that did not require a capstone

Other schools don't have a Capstone for all programs like TESU does. UMPI does not have a Capstone for the BA in Business Administration or the BLS degrees. Every course has a Final Assessment and that's what your grade is based on. About 75% of the classes have a paper/written project. The remaining 25% have a written final exam. I'm not sure if a competency based program would be a good fit for you though based on your initial post.

I have ADHD which I know isn't the same as Autism, but I also really struggle with staying focused. What helped me was taking 1 Sophia class at a time. I wrote down every single Challenge and created a schedule for each Unit. I scheduled this time in my calendar. I made sure not to overload myself and say I would complete an entire Unit in 1 day because I knew I would be way too overwhelmed with that amount of work. Some days I did really great with my schedule and would get ahead. Other days I struggled and didn't completely stick to my schedule. I didn't adjust my schedule for the good and bad days. I just kept trucking along. For me, stopping my studying before I became overwhelmed and taking a break for a few hours or a few days really helped. Once I get overwhelmed, forget it. I can't concentrate and I get wicked stressed to the point where I have a mental meltdown. I really try to avoid that because it takes me weeks to recover from it and get back on track.

Good luck in your future studies! You can do this. Just take your time and take breaks when you need them.
OP, if you revised your original post (or do another one) with the courses easier for me to look at (each course and info in a single line, larger font, and most importantly, where you took them), then I will look at several degrees for you. The original post doesn't have the info needed though, to help you figure out where they would go in a different school.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking EC's BPS degree, because it doesn't require RA credit, nor does it require any additional math than what you already have (although you do need Finance);
or TESU's BSPS w/a certificate in Organizational Leadership, also doesn't require math, nor does it require any more "math-y" courses, although you'll need to get that RA credit - AND, you already paid the residency waiver (I think) so we can try to take advantage of that;
or TESU's BALS with a Cert in OL (same cert); same RA requirement, but more flexibility to get that done

Last, UMPI's BLS/Management degree, although I'm not sure a CBE program is the best option for you. But it's certainly flexible.

You haven't said how you do with testing, and so that's going to be an option to get things done more quickly; TECEP's and/or UExcel's are both good bets for the RA credit you might need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 2 44 2 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 589 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,164 Yesterday, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,902 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 195 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,135 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,294 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 646 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 171 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 930 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM