Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help deciding (MBA) Purdue Global/Walden/Capella?
(11-08-2019, 09:00 AM):rolleyes:tjguitar85 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 02:15 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 02:23 AM)Leslie2828 Wrote: I am not interested in WGU due to proctoring exams and being monitored by professors closely. I want my own time if possible...

Pretty much any school with exams is going to require a proctor if you don't take them on site. Though most allow you to take the exams at home via a webcam-based proctor rather than go into a test center. I'm pretty sure that all of the schools you mention require at least a few proctored exams. I doubt you can find a legit MBA that has no exam requirement. WGU is 50/50 with some courses requiring an exam and the rest requiring papers/projects/presentations.

As for being closely monitored by professors, I don't know what you mean there. WGU is competency-based, so their curriculum is completely self-paced. The instructors don't monitor students at all. In fact, most instructors don't even interact with students unless the students reach out to the instructor first. So you can do all work on your own schedule and at your own pace.

(11-01-2019, 12:44 PM)eradreede Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 12:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would say that none of those schools has a particularly good reputation - not terrible either.  Probably neutral.

Smile I thought people in this forum found Purdue Global to be the best or WGU?

Generally, unless a school is well known as a top school or they have a reputation of being a bad or predatory school, they're mostly neutral from a reputation perspective. State schools have a slight advantage in reputation in their region due to name recognition. Schools that do a lot of online advertising may have a slight disadvantage if they sound predatory.

Purdue Global may also have a bit of an advantage since they are heavily pushing it as being part of Purdue University (at least around here they are), so that may help its reputation a bit. The Purdue name looks better on a resume than the others, though it does say "Global" which diminishes it a bit.

Are there any that are all exams with no research papers? Ha.

I called the advisors for Walden and Purdue Global and both conclude they’re all going go be papers and powerpoints, no onsite/webcam typed exams. I’m wondering if this is true then. 

I’m just a person who feels comfortable doing this without being closely monitored. I’ve experienced a lot of pressure during my undergrad years taking all these proctored exams almost every week Confused
(11-01-2019, 02:23 AM)Leslie2828 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 01:53 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:06 PM)eradreede Wrote: MBA - Purdue Global/Walden/Capella - (Self Paced,ExcelTrack, Tempo learning)

-NO webcam/proctoring required if possible. Confused

Interested in an MBA that I can complete in less than a year. Which will be quicker, cheaper to be completed in a few terms? Accreditation matters and the name but curious what you all have to say.  I prefer ones with no interaction but I guess that may not be possible with these 3? People keep talking about profit and not for profit schools, but I do not know why it will matter in my case. Huh .

Which one would you choose? I could pick Healthcare Management Concentration or just the standard MBA. Definitely would not want to spend 12k or more for an MBA at this point where I am financially strapped. Just want a promotion since I have been here for 20 years and lacking an MBA. Employer just wants MBA despite where.
But if I could use the "status" for future, i still care for the reputation. I am weighing out options though. Sleepy

If you're a US citizen you might want to add WGU to that list. Hard to beat for time and money investment and they are a non-profit regionally accredited university with ACBSP programmatic accreditation for their MBA.

Personally, had I not decided on going with WGU for my MBA, I probably would have gone with Purdue Global before Walden or Capella.
I am not interested in WGU due to proctoring exams and being monitored by professors closely. I want my own time if possible...
I suggest Purdue Global for anybody in as much as it is the best fit for the person. You will get a serious degree. Despite the fact that I do unequivocally advocate searching for local options too. They can be more financially savvy and valuable. 
(04-10-2020, 08:50 PM)Oslo Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 02:23 AM)Leslie2828 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 01:53 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 03:06 PM)eradreede Wrote: MBA - Purdue Global/Walden/Capella - (Self Paced,ExcelTrack, Tempo learning)

-NO webcam/proctoring required if possible. Confused

Interested in an MBA that I can complete in less than a year. Which will be quicker, cheaper to be completed in a few terms? Accreditation matters and the name but curious what you all have to say.  I prefer ones with no interaction but I guess that may not be possible with these 3? People keep talking about profit and not for profit schools, but I do not know why it will matter in my case. Huh .

Which one would you choose? I could pick Healthcare Management Concentration or just the standard MBA. Definitely would not want to spend 12k or more for an MBA at this point where I am financially strapped. Just want a promotion since I have been here for 20 years and lacking an MBA. Employer just wants MBA despite where.
But if I could use the "status" for future, i still care for the reputation. I am weighing out options though. Sleepy

If you're a US citizen you might want to add WGU to that list. Hard to beat for time and money investment and they are a non-profit regionally accredited university with ACBSP programmatic accreditation for their MBA.

Personally, had I not decided on going with WGU for my MBA, I probably would have gone with Purdue Global before Walden or Capella.
I am not interested in WGU due to proctoring exams and being monitored by professors closely. I want my own time if possible...
I suggest Purdue Global for anybody in as much as it is the best fit for the person. You will get a serious degree. Despite the fact that I do unequivocally advocate searching for local options too. They can be more financially savvy and valuable. 

About which numbers you are talking about regarding financially savvy? Thanks
And I forgot... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e+accounts
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,121 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 494 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,447 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,431 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  New CBE Accelerated MBA from UMass Global Jonathan Whatley 2 1,443 03-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 936 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,144 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 919 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095
  Walden Tempo Criminal Justice/grad school redheadguy03 6 1,092 10-31-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret