Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help figuring out what classes correspond
I have a homeschooled senior. He wants to go to our local community college and do their law enforcement degree. I am having the hardest time figuring out corresponding CLEP,DSST and such for the classes offered. He plans on working on those this semester and over summer and starting with the college in the fall. 
I know that most of the common core classes will need to be in person. Anyone able to help a Mama out? Thank you
I did upload an attachment of his class list.
This depends greatly on the school. (Unfortunately, your attachment didn't upload. It happens sometimes, just try again.) There are a LOT of schools that do not accept DSSTs and only accept a handful of CLEP exams.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Does he want to attend a local community college? If he does I'd have him contact them to find out about what CLEP's they accept. DSST's aren't that widely accepted. They will also have limits on how many credits can transfer into the degree program.
One thing learned in the homeschooling life.... if you do CLEP in the summer after graduation, it has potential to negatively impact any scholarships, or grant programs. speaking that from personal experience. was otherwise eligible for a state grant except the date of the clep exam was after high school graduation date. I do wonder if we had waited on sending the clep exams a semester..... oh well. never know and it was only a small grant in any case. didn't lose out thousands.

are you willing to share which community college? maybe several sets of eyes working together can find the info on website?
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Pueblo community college. I have already contacted them. He can have 75% of degree credits transferred in. I will be graduating him after he finishes the necessary classes. ( thank you for that, I hadn’t given that any thought) 
I do plan on emailing them with a final list to double check acceptance. 
These are the classes 
CRJ 135 Judicial Function
CRJ 145 Correctional process
CRJ 210 Constitutional law
CRJ 230 Criminology
LEA 105 Basic law
75% of the credits transferred in from CLEP or from another college? They may not accept 75% of the classes from CLEP. They may mean 75% of the credits from another school. I would definitely be very specific when asking questions. There aren't CLEP exams for every class out there.
Okay, yes, (assuming that this is the correct school) you can bring in up to 75% of a degree using things like CLEP and DSSTs: https://www.pueblocc.edu/prior-learning-assessment

However, of those specific classes, I don't believe that any of them are covered by CLEPs or DSSTs.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
You can try checking out Penn Foster and Study.com to see if their courses can transfer over.  If not, for these 5 courses, take them at the community college.  Transfer all others in through ACE/CLEP.  Sometimes you can't get the maximum of 75% transferred in...  BTW, which program is he looking at?  The webpage shows two/three programs: https://www.pueblocc.edu/programs/crj
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77,
Thank you. It's for the police academy.
Maybe I didn't read closely enough, but I'm not sure which one would be applicable for attending the police academy.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 515 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BABA - M&L Remaining Classes jrock87 4 280 02-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Remaining Classes Advice - UMPI BABA M&L diablo 2 348 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 565 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I Have 124 Credits - Need Help Figuring out the Most Efficient Path for a Degree jacobvanhelden 22 1,254 09-27-2023, 05:53 PM
  Trying to figure out what other classes I would need. sach2380 6 674 06-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: sach2380
  I need help figuring out how to finally obtain Bachelors, advice appreciated dadof3 54 3,393 05-27-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: dadof3
  Need advice on remaining classes for BLS fromthedepths 9 809 03-03-2023, 08:20 PM
  Need help figuring out my graduate studies plan spohara 3 405 03-01-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: spohara
  TEL Learning easiest classes for RA credit? CanICode 3 618 10-19-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: CanICode