Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding an accounting course
I have one accounting course (3 credits) left to transfer to University of Maryland Global Campus and can't seem to find any more available on SDC, Straighterline, or Sophia.

I've already taken:
ACCT 220 Principles of Accounting I
ACCT 221 Principles of Accounting II
ACCT 301 Accounting for Nonaccounting Managers
ACCT 320 Fraud Detection and Deterrence
ACCT 321 Cost Accounting
ACCT 326 Accounting Information Systems

Does anyone know of anywhere else I can complete an Accounting course that I can request to be transferred to UMGC?
I have no idea what subject these are; they're going to be different course numbers at every university. Check out UNA to see if there are any courses there that you haven't already taken: https://www.una.edu/business/accounting-career-program/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-19-2022, 11:18 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I have no idea what subject these are; they're going to be different course numbers at every university. Check out UNA to see if there are any courses there that you haven't already taken: https://www.una.edu/business/accounting-career-program/

Thanks! I just updated my post to include the course names. I checked out UNA but I am a bit confused. Would I need to register to go to this school just to take an accounting course? If so, I can already do that through my college at UMGC. I am just trying to knock out as many classes as I can to save time and money versus registering at my school.
IC Managerial Accounting.
TESU Federal Taxation TECEP.
It's my understanding that these are self-paced accounting courses for ~$180/credit. AFAIK, you don't need to register at the school, you just buy the course(es) you want. It's similar to TEL Learning, except the school is selling them to you directly.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-19-2022, 11:30 AM)thecontrarian Wrote: IC Managerial Accounting.
TESU Federal Taxation TECEP.

They already have Managerial Accounting with Principles of Accounting II. 

Before taking a TECEP I'd find out if UMGC will accept it.
You want to find out what UMGC will take in as transfers and see if you still have room for transfer. Study.com has the most number of courses and it seems you've already checked a few other providers. Find a local college and see which courses are available for transfer, if you can't find anything else then UMGC it is! You may want to check if UExcels/TECEPS and UMGC challenge exams will work (if they have any).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,960 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 361 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com accounting 303 assignment 2 Pats20 0 486 06-14-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting - where? Jennbean1 8 1,251 05-06-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia - principals of finance or financial accounting? cclocks8 10 1,675 09-28-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Davar Adademy - Accounting 302 - Accounting for Management bookred 2 1,062 06-22-2021, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SL Managerial Accounting to TESU Student87 3 803 05-19-2021, 11:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quick Managerial Accounting Source ashkir 2 948 10-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Last Post: inkleind
  Straighterline Accounting natshar 2 1,105 04-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore