Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help finding inexpensive courses & upper level
Please give your input. Hoping this makes sense, as I have brain cancer and don't come across writing well. 

I have another child who needs some of the following courses. Are there any of these courses that they can take that are upper level and less expensive before the DATA list? 

The courses starting with DATA we are looking for less expensive areas to take some of the courses.

Financial Accounting

Managerial Accounting

Business Law

Principles of Management

Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS

Introduction to Marketing

Principles of Finance

Business in Society or International Management

Business/Managerial Communications

Data Structures
Operating Systems
System Development Methodology OR Systems Analysis and Design II
Additional Programming Language*
Application System Development
Basic Design Theory and Decision Making Techniques
Computer Logic and Organization
Computer Management
Client Server and Net-Centric Computing
Computer and Information Technology
Database Management
Information Systems Administration
Job Control Language Systems
Management Information Systems
Network Architectures
Networking Principles (LAN/WAN/Internet)
Problem Analysis and Solutions
Quantitative Analysis and Information Systems
Social Aspects of Information Technology
Began Aug 2014
Davar Academy has Management Information Systems and about 4-5 UL business courses. They are NCCRS so it depends on what school your child is attending. TESU takes NCCRS but many schools don't.

Other than those, many courses in your first list are lower level courses by their nature (intro or principles courses, the first two accounting courses, etc).

Study.com is expected to get approval for their Data Structures course but it's not yet available. They do have a UL database course (and are expected to have another for credit), Computer Architecture which is UL, and Systems Analysis & Design which is UL.

Thank you.ill check them out.
Began Aug 2014
(04-27-2019, 12:22 AM)Ideas Wrote: Davar Academy has Management Information Systems and about 4-5 UL business courses. They are NCCRS so it depends on what school your child is attending. TESU takes NCCRS but many schools don't.

Other than those, many courses in your first list are lower level courses by their nature (intro or principles courses, the first two accounting courses, etc).

Study.com is expected to get approval for their Data Structures course but it's not yet available. They do have a UL database course (and are expected to have another for credit), Computer Architecture which is UL, and Systems Analysis & Design which is UL.

Davar seems to be the lowest cost business classes I've seen. Unless you can blow through 3-4 classes a month on StraighterLine, but I would question how much one can retain. I think it's a bad idea for the core classes of a major. I would go with study.com for UL courses tho.
(04-27-2019, 12:22 AM)Ideas Wrote: Davar Academy has Management Information Systems and about 4-5 UL business courses. They are NCCRS so it depends on what school your child is attending. TESU takes NCCRS but many schools don't.

Do you have a sample of a Davar Academy class?
Began Aug 2014
They don't have free materials anymore, but you can see their descriptions and purchase one. https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html

I posted about my experiences with their classes back around June 2017 and so did ErieHiker and others. Back then, Davar was having a special offer so many of us did many classes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU's non-proctored courses rachel83az 66 13,810 02-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 323 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 422 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  The official guide to self-study RA courses from ASU, BYU, UIdaho, etc. rachel83az 50 32,269 11-10-2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 25 39,545 10-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jch
  New ASU ULC Courses: 1 in Physics (no lab), 2 in Organizational doom 30 4,106 03-07-2023, 09:19 AM
Last Post: doom
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,634 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Inexpensive Education ECTS rachel83az 2 1,269 11-21-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Official guide to courses from Finnish universities rachel83az 1 2,170 10-31-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
Star Self-paced online courses from University of North Dakota (UND) Pikachu 13 3,079 09-07-2022, 04:02 PM