Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help for a beginning international student!
I guess a BSBA will definitely work out to be less expensive than this. The aforesaid option might be good for those whose company will reimburse them for training & education.

May be you should also do some online research about the scope of an Aviation degree. Things like, Will it limit you to the aviation industry? More importantly, are you personally interested to continue in the aviation industry? Some members on this forum deliberately choose to break out of the field they have been operating in, and take on a new role. Is that something you want to do? Also, do you have higher aspirations like a Masters or Ph.D? I think questions like these might help you achieve clarity.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(01-06-2019, 01:33 PM)aditya320 Wrote: @ Supermind

Thank you very much for the detailed reply once again Supermind. It was very kind of you to take the time to give me the details about the various ways to finish the credits.  After Dave's post about the study.com discount, I'm trying to weigh options again. 

@ Davewill

Thank you for the reply Dave. That was great information! Only, now I'm back to trying to figure out if I should do the Aviation Degree or a BSBA. So considering that I do take the Comprehensive Tution plan, it will cover 36 Credits, and for the rest if I use the cheapest options possible, what would the approximate cost of the degree be? The residency waiver fee also will not be applicable if I do it this way? I'm guessing around 10000$ total, after using the cheapest options for the remaining credits:

FAA CPL - 24 Credits 
Comprehensive tution - 36 credits 
Remaining: 60 Credits ---> Approximately around 20 courses ---> So around 2500-3000$?

Now if we come to the BSBA Degree, I've seen estimates of around 7500$ for most of the degree plans.

@ Dfrecore

Hi dfrecore, I've seen a lot of your posts helping people with degree plans. What do you think the above estimates for cost?

I would say that for 20 courses/60 credits, you can probably do it for $2000 or less.  Since you're international, CLEP/Modern States will be out.  But you can still use the free courses through The Institutes, TEEX (?), and Sophia: ALEKS at $20/mo for College Algebra, Stats and Trig; Saylor at $25/course, etc.  I'm not sure if you can use OnlineDegree or not (?), but lower-level TECEP's are $75, Davar is about $95/course (and they sometimes have specials), and Straighterline and Study.com are roughly $100/course or less if you take more than 2 courses in a month.  So plenty of ways to get that $2000 down.

I would also say that in the next month or two, we'll see if ACTFL renews their ACE recommendations, at which time you could get a ton of foreign language credits for less than $200.  You could fill your Knowledge of Human Cultures, GE Electives, and Free Electives areas with a lot of that if they have your language.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jeremiah_jn
Great options dfrecore! I totally missed out the customary free credits that most of us here worked towards. TEEX, Sophia...etc. Aditya320, I am remembering something else- if you can clear GED with marks above 175/200 in all 4 subjects, you are awarded a total of 10 credits. GED will cost you $ 300. The other free courses like TEEX will award you another 10 credits. You will only have to earn 40 more credits thro Study.com, Saylor etc.

I know of Indians who clear the GED solely for the purpose of circumventing the cumbersome process of getting their high school marksheets evaluated for equivalency with the U.S system of education.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

@ Dfrecore

Thank you for the reply Dfrecore! That was some great information, and I'm glad to see it'll cost under 2000$ for the remaining credits.
If i were to do a BSBA - CIS/Gen Management - from scratch, is an estimate of around 7500$ accurate?

@ Supermind

Thanks for the info about GED Supermind. I have some testing centers for GED available where I live in India. So that is a great option for 10 credits.! I will seriously consider giving the GED Exams.

To be honest, the main chunk of my credentials is actually my Flying Hours and Licenses...I am still finding out from peers if a BS Aviation Flight Technology would actually give me any benefits in the future. Everyone agrees that having a degree by itself is way better than not having one. But as such, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference which degree you have.

The College degrees you get in India are a little different than the ones you get in the US. For example, we have a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) which is typically a 3 year course. The BSBA is a 4 year degree in the US with a mix of some science credits in it too.

Bottomline, I will start off with the Gen Ed Credits and then figure out the best way forward as I get more information.
Aditya320, something to bear in mind. If you are clear about proceeding with TESU, try and finish their 1 credit Cornerstone course at the earliest. Right now, this course is very simple, and you would be able to complete it in just about an hour or so. It costs $300. But from June 2019, TESU is introducing a more intense 12-week cornerstone course, which will cost $1098. So, keep that in mind and complete the inexpensive cornerstone course while it is still being offered. You can then work to earn your other credits online.

Regardless of what degree you choose to earn at TESU, the Cornerstone is mandatory. So, just finish it at the earliest.

(01-08-2019, 04:08 AM)aditya320 Wrote: @ Dfrecore

Thank you for the reply Dfrecore! That was some great information, and I'm glad to see it'll cost under 2000$ for the remaining credits.
If i were to do a BSBA - CIS/Gen Management - from scratch, is an estimate of around 7500$ accurate?

I show it costs about $7555, but that's with zero credits, and each course costing roughly $100 each.  You can definitely get that down.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMHB MyWay CBE BAS Now Welcomes International Students Jonathan Whatley 2 401 11-09-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Clackamas CC ARPA Payment - check your student email! ctcarl 4 971 08-13-2021, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  International Uni's with RA in USA Prof.Gringo 2 979 12-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Questions From Future Student Looking to Enroll at TESU, Excelsior, or WGU Kalpa 8 3,801 07-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  International Student seeking guidance from others SweetsugarNL 17 2,651 07-22-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  International Czech girl need help BA LadaD 0 937 01-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Last Post: LadaD