Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help getting any Bachelor's degree.
So anyways, I'm just looking to earny any kind of degree. Period. Any help or opinions appreciated. 

Local CC Credits Earned:

Quote:ARTD 1120 Art Appreciation 3.00 A

COM 2200 Intro to Human Communication 3.00 B

ENGL 1104 Written English I 3.00 B

FREL 1999 Logic and Critical Thinking 3.00 B

HST 1999 World History I 3.00 B

HUMN 1999 Intro to the Humanities II 3.00 A

INFO 1999 C/C++ Programming 4.00 A

INFO 1999 Fundamentals Game Programming 4.00 A

SCI 1999 Descriptive Astronomy 3.00 B

ENGL 1108 Written English II 3.00 C

INFO 1999 Microsoft C# Software Engineer 4.00 B

GRAP 1999 3D Animation I 3.00 A

INFO 1999 Systems Analysis and Design 3.00 B

GRAP 1125 Multimedia Concepts 3.00 A

GRAP 1999 Introduction to Multimedia 1.00 A

GRAP 1999 HTML and CSS 2.00 B

HUMN 1999 Serv Learning on Campus 3.00 B

INFO 1999 Data Structures & Object Orien 4.00 C

Sophia: 

FREL 1999 Environmental Science 3.00 CR 

SCY 1101 Introduction to Sociology 3.00 CR

So I have something like 79 RA Credits and 6 Non-traditional credits. Any kind of degree that would be achievable with any of this using Sophia.com and Study.com would be nice. Just tired of not having a degree hampering me from everything.

Let me know if there's anything else I could list.
Pierpont BOG AAS: AOS Information Systems  - 2019
What years were your CS and other technology courses? Some colleges don't let you transfer in older technology credits.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-18-2022, 01:44 AM)MNomadic Wrote: What years were your CS and other technology courses? Some colleges don't let you transfer in older technology credits.

2015 and I think the newest is 2016 I think. So I'm sure they are too old for WGU or something like that.
What do you prefer writing papers or exams?

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(01-18-2022, 02:44 AM)Kab Wrote: What do you prefer writing papers or exams?

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app

Can't say I have a preference for either. My experience is that with papers you usually have a chance or two to fix your paper before you are issued a grade.
UMPI AALS (add the associates as a second program and forget it) & BAS with a MIS concentration or another concentration of your choice would fit the bill nicely... If you still have a Sophia.org membership, complete a few more general education courses through them. Next would be InstantCertCredit to get your American Government and Spanish I, then you can work on the Study.com BIO with lab... Note: The Wiki shows a BLS, but you're going to apply for a BAS instead! All the courses you need are on the Wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-18-2022, 03:37 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: UMPI AALS (add the associates as a second program and forget it) & BAS with a MIS concentration or another concentration of your choice would fit the bill nicely... If you still have a Sophia.org membership, complete a few more general education courses through them.  Next would be InstantCertCredit to get your American Government and Spanish I, then you can work on the Study.com BIO with lab...  Note: The Wiki shows a BLS, but you're going to apply for a BAS instead!  All the courses you need are on the Wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

This looks pretty realistic. What's the difference between the BLS and BAS or it doesn't matter? As for the Spanish, will UMPI accept those ACTFL credits? I'm already fluent in Spanish.

So what I'm looking at right now is for the GEC's:

Sophia:
Ancient Greek Philosophers, Intro to Ethics, US History 1, Communication at Work, College Algebra (although I'll probably do ALEKS instead for this).

I'm just thinking what I should hit up on Sophia first.
echo64 Wrote:This looks pretty realistic. What's the difference between the BLS and BAS or it doesn't matter? As for the Spanish, will UMPI accept those ACTFL credits? I'm already fluent in Spanish.

For me the BAS (Bachelors in Applied Science) sounds better than a BLS (Bachelors of Liberal Studies), another reason is because your AAS can be transferred in, if you only had an AA or AS, it would not transfer. Lastly, the AALS and BAS are NON YOURPACE, technically it should be butt-in-seat, you're just using YourPace courses towards that goal. Having said that, in reality, it doesn't matter, the requirements might be slightly different, but a few people chose the BAS over the BLS.

In regards to ACTFL, it's another option if you're using those credits towards other areas of the degree such as general electives. You can get it done free with CLEP by using ModernStates.org, it won't really matter which way you slice it, you just need a course/exam to get the requirement. I would chose whichever is quickest for you, if you want to get the box checked or if you're going for extra credits with that one exam... CLEP is only a max of 6/9 credits, ACTFL is much more...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-18-2022, 04:13 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
echo64 Wrote:This looks pretty realistic. What's the difference between the BLS and BAS or it doesn't matter? As for the Spanish, will UMPI accept those ACTFL credits? I'm already fluent in Spanish.

For me the BAS (Bachelors in Applied Science) sounds better than a BLS (Bachelors of Liberal Studies), another reason is because your AAS can be transferred in, if you only had an AA or AS, it would not transfer.  Lastly, the AALS and BAS are NON YOURPACE, technically it should be butt-in-seat, you're just using YourPace courses towards that goal.  Having said that, in reality, it doesn't matter, the requirements might be slightly different, but a few people chose the BAS over the BLS.

Okay, interesting. Just to double check I won't have to travel to Presque Isle if I do the BAS? I assume UMPI doesn't care, they'll just catalogue my degree in as BAS and I"ll still be in the yourpace program? Kind of funny worrying about something I'm not even close to.

As for ACTFL, yes, I just want the checkmark. I already deal with enough professional spanish in my life I don't need an academic course in it.

Thanks for all the advice.
You've got a lot of credits, that's good. But you're not ready to apply to UMPI just yet. Yes, they will accept ACTFL for Spanish I. I don't see that in your list, so you definitely need that. Then, you also need to make sure you've met other GEC requirements.

1A: Met with English Comp
1B: Met with English Comp II
1C: Take American Government @ InstantCert
1D: Met with English Comp
2A: Take Ethics @ Sophia (do Greek Philosophers first)
2B: Met with Sociology OR Ethics
2C: Met with English Comp II
2D: Take @ UMPI
2E: Met with Art Appreciation
3A: Take Algebra @ Sophia
3B: Algebra @ Sophia
3C: Take Human Biology @ Sophia
3D: Met with Environmental Science
3E: Unless your Descriptive Astronomy includes a lab that you forgot to list here (which I doubt), take either Bio 101L or Intro to Meteorology @ Study.com
4A: UMPI
4B: Met with English Comp II
4C: Ethics @ Sophia
5A: Met with Sociology
5B: Met with World History
5C: ACTFL Spanish
5D: I think this is met by Sophia Ethics
5E: American Government @ InstantCert

As soon as you've got those classes in the bag, you're ready to apply. It's not many, so you should be able to meet UMPI's next application deadline.

And, no, you don't have to travel to Maine if you do the BAS. It's not listed on the YourPace website because it's only applicable to students who transfer in a prior AAS. So, it's not available to anyone and everyone who might be interested in a BAS, only to students who already have an AAS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 147 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 127 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,712 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,550 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 212 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 623 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,075 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 248 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,207 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK