Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help interpreting my Excelsior Review
Hey folks, as always thanks in advance. Can someone please give me a brief summary as to what I actually need? Lol Thomas Edison is so much easier to read. Thnx, Mike
Yeah sure, just attach it and we'll look into it for you...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-08-2019, 12:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah sure, just attach it and we'll look into it for you...

Thanks a bunch

bjcheung77Yeah sure, just attach it and we'll look into it for you...

Thanks a bunch

Sorry about the multiple posts.  The document wasn’t attaching from my phone

Attached Files
.pdf   PR1546970365077z0.4158954510745214.mappr.pdf (Size: 382.91 KB / Downloads: 81)
[-] The following 1 user Likes mdel210201's post:
  • Life_One
Just wondering, did you get your courses evaluated by COSC/TESU and WGU?
Which one of the Big 3/WGU gave you the most credits for transfer?

You're missing the following: 28 credits total, 6 Upper Level
You need specifically - English Comp II, Ethics, Natural Science, Info Lit, Capstone
The rest can be LL General Arts/Science courses

The cheapest/easiest/fastest to take for UL would be their own UL UExcel courses
You can try asking them which Study.com courses would work for UL if you want to take some from them.

Note: You may want to decide on which school to "finish" the degree from, go with the school with the most credits transferred or the school with the easiest remaining courses to complete.

(01-08-2019, 02:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just wondering, did you get your courses evaluated by COSC/TESU and WGU?
Which one of the Big 3/WGU gave you the most credits for transfer?

You're missing the following: 28 credits total, 6 Upper Level
You need specifically - English Comp II, Ethics, Natural Science, Info Lit, Capstone
The rest can be LL General Arts/Science courses

The cheapest/easiest/fastest to take for UL would be their own UL UExcel courses
You can try asking them which Study.com courses would work for UL if you want to take some from them.

Note: You may want to decide on which school to "finish" the degree from, go with the school with the most credits transferred or the school with the easiest remaining courses to complete.

So I am only missing 28? What about the top portion labeled “Arts and Sciences”. That says I need 22 credits.
Yes, the total degree requires an extra 28 credits. 22 of them are going to be arts/sciences (LL) and 6 UL which is just two courses, your capstone should be part of the 6 UL credits, so technically, all you need to do is "Find" the UExcel exam you want that's UL and they've got several to choose from.

I searched your previous thread posts, it seems you applied to the Big 3 and WGU, did you get evaluations from them? If so, which school has the most credits for you or the least amount of courses required remaining? If Excelsior is the school, continue with them, if not, then find which one gives you the better deal - cheapest/easiest/fastest to the finish line.

Thanks a million. As you can see I have been back and forth a million times whether to move forward with my degree for years. Hahah Honestly, this is the least amount by far that I have to do. I really thought I had a lot more to do.

Still shocked. I thought I only had 108 total credits to begin with. Oh well, if it says only 28 than I am extremely happy.
mdel210201 Wrote:Thanks a million. As you can see I have been back and forth a million times whether to move forward with my degree for years. Hahah Honestly, this is the least amount by far that I have to do. I really thought I had a lot more to do.

*sigh, using an ipad sucks, back to the computer* There was a missing line in my replies. You still need to do the 22 credits. So in total, you need 50. You are correct, you need 22 credits arts/sciences in addition to those 28. But there are easy credits to snatch up quickly.

Get 44 credits cheap for $9/3 credit course at onlinedegree.com from home, take everything from them as long as it doesn't duplicate your courses, and do the 3 UL capstone/3 UL UExcel. I recommend these as they are easier to pass, you get 10% for attendance, 50% for quizzes, and the final is only worth 40% - you need a cumulative 70% to pass.

If you are great with exams and very close to a test center, take the CLEPS/ModernStates as it's FREE. You just need to use their resources and maybe get some extra free resources from a local library. Study and pass the exams - again, chose the ones that don't duplicate your current credits.

Ahhh I thought it was 50 ughhh. A few things they don’t have is I took that on class at the institutes that was ethics related through ace. I also took interpreting literature clep. I also have a few classes from the local fire academy (like 3 credits worth). Not sure if those would be dips anyway. I am gonna post my tesc review
I am impressed as Excelsior College gave you 8 SH for FEMA IS Credits direct?  How long ago?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 404 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 937 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,584 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,647 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,076 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,735 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,312 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az