Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help put together a BALS plan at TESU from scratch
Hi everyone.   My one friend I have been guiding thru bsba is starting his capstone Next Week.   I have another friend who has asked for assistance and is considering bals.  The nice thing is I think a lot of courses from the new onlinedegree. Com should fit into it.   I am now intimately familiar with the structure of bsba but not so much with bals.   Does anyone have a spreadsheet of some kinda guide for which courses fit where?   How many upper and lower levels are needed and what forms a concentration? I figure I will start him off with teex and Sophia free courses.   Then Max out onlinedegree then get the rest from sdc.  But I am hoping to be able to present him with a degree map so that this journey makes sense from the beginning.   And assistance you lovely people can provide would be appreciated.
(08-27-2019, 04:05 AM)Dowew Wrote: Hi everyone.   My one friend I have been guiding thru bsba is starting his capstone Next Week.   I have another friend who has asked for assistance and is considering bals.  The nice thing is I think a lot of courses from the new onlinedegree. Com should fit into it.   I am now intimately familiar with the structure of bsba but not so much with bals.   Does anyone have a spreadsheet of some kinda guide for which courses fit where?   How many upper and lower levels are needed and what forms a concentration? I figure I will start him off with teex and Sophia free courses.   Then Max out onlinedegree then get the rest from sdc.  But I am hoping to be able to present him with a degree map so that this journey makes sense from the beginning.   And assistance you lovely people can provide would be appreciated.

Your plan will work- you just need to pull the lists of courses and match them to the BA requirements. The distribution of credits required for any degree is on TESU's website, and you can also go into the search here to pull previous transfer classes for sdc and onlinedegree - there are many.

Here is the degreeforum wiki as well - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki
Thanks cookdeross. We've hit another snag because my friend lives in England he cannot sign up for onlinedegree which drastically increased the cost of the venture. It's still the fastest cheapest way.... Just a little unfortunate.
There are plenty of inexpensive options for people outside of the US. I'd think about Saylor, as they're about $25 each for the exams only (courses are free). They have a lot more courses than OD anyway.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
I tried sailor once and I found their course content too dense and their exams impossible. I liked that od was video based
(09-03-2019, 10:35 PM)Dowew Wrote: I tried sailor once and I found their course content too dense and their exams impossible. I liked that od was video based

It's still worth having your friend look into. I say that because I have heard that their exams are exceptionally hard only to turn around and have a homeschooling parent tell me that their teen has passed 7 of them. In other words, ymmv.

Here's your friend's first 90 credits:
Online degree- $9 classes
Saylor - free classes with a local proctor, $25 online
ALEKS- $20 math classes when you can do 1 in a month
TEEX - $0 cybersecurity classes
CLEP - $0

Even without ODC, I think you can get SIGNIFICANT traction before spending any real money. If he tucks away $500 he'll have more than enough cash to get his first 3 years of college finished. The trick and the finesse is in planning the upper level credits / exams which will require spending a bit more money. But I wouldn't even start worrying about that bridge until you come to it. Once he's got 90 credits under his belt, he'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 280 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy