Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(03-19-2018, 11:08 PM)Danielp Wrote: I finally heard back from the student advising at TESU about pre-calculus and the conclusion is; it will transfer in as MAT-129 and therefore will satisfy the requirement. So besides that pre-calc is harder than college algebra, is there any other reasons to take College Algebra over Pre-Calculus? I'm considering it mainly because that the final in pre-calculus counts for 30% of the grade, meanwhile in college algebra the final counts for 50% of the finalgrade.

If you ever decide to move forward and take calculus, having done precalculus is a leg up.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-20-2018, 10:38 AM)davewill Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 11:08 PM)Danielp Wrote: I finally heard back from the student advising at TESU about pre-calculus and the conclusion is; it will transfer in as MAT-129 and therefore will satisfy the requirement. So besides that pre-calc is harder than college algebra, is there any other reasons to take College Algebra over Pre-Calculus? I'm considering it mainly because that the final in pre-calculus counts for 30% of the grade, meanwhile in college algebra the final counts for 50% of the finalgrade.

If you ever decide to move forward and take calculus, having done precalculus is a leg up.

Okay, i'll keep that in mind. :-)
I think my next course I'm going to do is Intro to C++ on SL. Anyone who has done this course who can share some experience with it? I tried to search, but I couldn't really find anything.
I have a question about DSST exams transferring into TESU. I have passed Dsst tests, Human resource management, Organizational Behavior, and Management Information Systems. According to the DSSt website they are recommended as lower level credit but they transfer to TESU as upper level. Is that correct?
(03-28-2018, 12:25 AM)mikeid811 Wrote: I have a question about DSST exams transferring into TESU. I have passed Dsst tests, Human resource management, Organizational Behavior, and Management Information Systems. According to the DSSt website they are recommended as lower level credit but they transfer to TESU as upper level. Is that correct?

The examples you gave do; but not all DSST exams come in as UL.  TESU has a complete equivalence listing on their site:  https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/DSST.cfm
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Anyone who can recommend a course from SL that would fit into the BSBA? I'm almost done with pre-calc
Hi,

I want to have as many doors open as possible since I'm unsure what Master's degree I'm going for after.

I have been looking at this https://www.sdu.dk/en/uddannelse/kandida...dgangskrav for quite some time, where the requirements are ''You can also apply if you hold a relevant degree within Humanities. The guiding principle is that the bachelor degree must include subjects amounting to 45 ECTS within Law
Social issues
International relations
Comparative politics''

45 ECTS points are around 22 CR. Is it possible to courses that cover these and I've already taken a few courses related to these topics.

I'm pursuing a BSBA still by the way, I just want it to contain courses, so I can get into this Master degree if I choose to.
Is there anyone who knows how I can fit these requirements into my degree?
(04-03-2018, 10:33 AM)Danielp Wrote: Is there anyone who knows how I can fit these requirements into my degree?

When you take courses and get them transferred into TESU, even if they don't "use" them in your degree, they'll still be placed on your transcript.  The transcript is not like the Eval, which shows which courses you took and slots them into the correct places.  Instead, it's a listing of the courses you took.

Now, as for finding the courses you need, that's a different story.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-03-2018, 05:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 10:33 AM)Danielp Wrote: Is there anyone who knows how I can fit these requirements into my degree?

When you take courses and get them transferred into TESU, even if they don't "use" them in your degree, they'll still be placed on your transcript.  The transcript is not like the Eval, which shows which courses you took and slots them into the correct places.  Instead, it's a listing of the courses you took.

Now, as for finding the courses you need, that's a different story.

Oh, that's great information. Then I ''just'' need to find courses that will count as these requirements. American Government etc must count for some of them at least.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,273 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,777 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,750 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,938 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,936 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,302 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,653 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero