Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(04-23-2018, 08:50 AM)Danielp Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 05:00 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 04:56 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 04:40 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 03:41 PM)Danielp Wrote: This is offtopic, but since I just signed up to study.com and I'm doing the lessons and quizzes. How many times can I re-take a quiz to get 100%?

You can take each quiz up to 3 times for credit, and it will use the highest of 3 attempts. Any attempts made after that don't count towards the score.

Of course, you can also use the study guide to look up the answers to make sure you get 100%, but I would avoid doing so unless you're really stumped.

But it doesn't display that these attempts anywhere? Am I looking wrong or what

Hmm, I don't see anywhere it shows it either. I know the 3 attempts is what is listed in the Syllabus for every course. I've never attempted to take a quiz more than twice, but I assume it will pop up a warning on the 3rd attempt, or at least inform you if you've used all 3 scorable attempts.

It is probably because if I score less than 80% it won't use an attempt, is this correct? In the English comp 2, the quizzes are only 5 questions.

I think it uses the attempt no matter what you score. Either way it should let you know how many attempts have been made... it's just a poor interface design.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(04-23-2018, 04:33 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 04:56 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 04:40 PM)Merlin Wrote: You can take each quiz up to 3 times for credit, and it will use the highest of 3 attempts. Any attempts made after that don't count towards the score.

Of course, you can also use the study guide to look up the answers to make sure you get 100%, but I would avoid doing so unless you're really stumped.

But it doesn't display that these attempts anywhere? Am I looking wrong or what

Hmm, I don't see anywhere it shows it either. I know the 3 attempts is what is listed in the Syllabus for every course. I've never attempted to take a quiz more than twice, but I assume it will pop up a warning on the 3rd attempt, or at least inform you if you've used all 3 scorable attempts.

It is probably because if I score less than 80% it won't use an attempt, is this correct? In the English comp 2, the quizzes are only 5 questions.

I think it uses the attempt no matter what you score. Either way it should let you know how many attempts have been made... it's just a poor interface design.

Can I see the score the quizzes somewhere?
(04-23-2018, 05:59 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 04:33 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 04:56 PM)Danielp Wrote: But it doesn't display that these attempts anywhere? Am I looking wrong or what

Can I see the score the quizzes somewhere?

You can see your final quiz score on the course summary page. It is displayed in the top box that shows course progress. At the bottom of that box is the grade breakdown which displays your quiz score in the first element. It will say "Incomplete" until you finish the final quiz, after which it will show your cumulative score.

Prior to finishing all the quizzes, you can only view the individual lesson scores. To do that you scroll down and click on each chapter's heading to open that entry. Within there it will display the highest quiz score for each lesson in the chapter or "Take Quiz" if you haven't completed that lesson yet.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I just took the final exam on study.com, but I haven't submitted the papers yet. I have scored 180 points out of the 300 so far with all the quizzes + the final exam. Can I submit the same paper twice whenever I reach the 210 points or how does it work? :-)
Is Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising on Study.com going to come in as UL at TESU in General Management?
(04-30-2018, 10:03 AM)Danielp Wrote: Is Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising on Study.com going to come in as UL at TESU in General Management?

Yes it does.  Many of us here, including myself, have it on our AOS as UL for the BSBA.  Works for both the GM and CIS.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I just talked with the academic advising and the advisor and her boss apparently said that I need to have 3 study.com courses to become an affiliate, that can't be true?
Not according to TESU's own web site (and no one here has ever posted any such requirement) - https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/#who-is-eligible

Any Study.com student, who enrolled at Thomas Edison State University through Study.com after September 1, 2016, and is 18 years of age, is eligible for this program.

Study.com will need to be identified as the 'Partner Affiliation' on the student's original application to TESU.

Study.com and TESU have an exclusive partnership to make transferring credit from Study.com courses and earning a degree as seamless as possible. If you follow our degree plan guidelines, up to 90 credits will transfer and apply to a degree at Thomas Edison State University, except when you use another potential source of transfer credit duplicating a degree requirement that could be satisfied via Study.com courses. A Study.com transcript is required to verify acceptance into the partnership.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

It might be a new change, but never was an issue before. Most will have at least two courses, which is a one month subscription, or six if they got the Guardian scholarship. However, others have used only one course in the past. If three is minimum then to save $$$, it would be best to take the two courses and a $70 extra exam in the same month to get to three, instead of paying for two months (unless of course you like the format and need more courses). I think I took about a dozen, so it wasn't an issue for me.

I've heard a few people say recently that they haven't been putting the affiliate membership on until transcripts are received, which also wasn't the case before. All I did was email them, they put it in, I paid for the capstone at affiliate pricing and then sent transcripts after the fact. I guess now they want to see the courses completed before you get the affiliate pricing. I don't know if that is true for everyone though.
TESU is notorious for giving different answers at different times, depending on who you talk to. I have two or three emails with different answers to the same question, all from academic advising.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
That's why, when possible, I think it's a good idea to subscribe to Study.com first, THEN apply to TESU. Then you can tick the checkbox during the application and everything seems to be automatic, rather than having to manually ask them to add the affiliation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Yenisei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,155 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,620 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,941 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero