Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
Okay, thanks for the replies. I will see what they say when I transfer my credits in.

I'm looking to get into this graduate program:
http://mundusjournalism.com/admission-to...uirements/

I have three questions.
Is it possible to get a letter of recommendation from TESU?
What is a GPA above-average? I'm not very familiar with GPA's..
And is a BSBA considered to be social sciences in general?
You get letters of recommendation from professors you took courses from, or, if applicable and allowed by the program you're applying to, from employers. 

BSBA is not a social science degree- psychology, economics, political science, sociology, anthropology or history would be the primary social science disciplines.

The undergrad GPA they're looking for should be clearly defined in the admissions requirements.
Okay, thank you.

I want to start my second study.com course tomorrow, but I want a course that will fit both into a BSBA and a communication degree. Any suggestions?
Business communications maybe.

This should help you: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
(05-04-2018, 11:46 AM)Yenisei Wrote: Business communications maybe.

I have completed business communication.

Also I couldn't see any other communication courses on that link..

(05-04-2018, 12:12 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 11:46 AM)Yenisei Wrote: Business communications maybe.

I have completed business communication.

Also I couldn't see any other communication courses on that link..

Actually, I'll just all my credits. I've completed English comp 2 and C++ on SL as well.

It's on the picture.

https://imgur.com/a/sV75MOP
Maybe something in the realm of Marketing Communications would also work for you.
(05-04-2018, 12:47 PM)Yenisei Wrote: Maybe something in the realm of Marketing Communications would also work for you.

I can't find this course on study.com
Not sure if you're aware but you cannot complete the BA in Communications and a BSBA from TESU at the same time - as they are from different schools within the university.   Considering your Grad School goal listed in the previous post, the BA in Communications (which is what the evaluation you shared credits listing is for) meets the Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant subject requirement; A BSBA does not, so that should make your choice easier between the two.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(05-04-2018, 01:54 PM)allvia Wrote: Not sure if you're aware but you cannot complete the BA in Communications and a BSBA from TESU at the same time - as they are from different schools within the university.   Considering your Grad School goal listed in the previous post, the BA in Communications (which is what the evaluation you shared credits listing is for) meets the Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant subject requirement; A BSBA does not, so that should make your choice easier between the two.

Yeah. But how sure are you that a BSBA won't be relevant? I think in Denmark it is listed under social sciences at least, but I'm not entirely sure.
(05-04-2018, 01:59 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 01:54 PM)allvia Wrote: Not sure if you're aware but you cannot complete the BA in Communications and a BSBA from TESU at the same time - as they are from different schools within the university.   Considering your Grad School goal listed in the previous post, the BA in Communications (which is what the evaluation you shared credits listing is for) meets the Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant subject requirement; A BSBA does not, so that should make your choice easier between the two.

Yeah. But how sure are you that a BSBA won't be relevant? I think in Denmark it is listed under social sciences at least, but I'm not entirely sure.

According to the requirements listed on the site you shared the BA in Communications would, the BSBA would require it to be submitted, assessed and then evaluated as worthy (definitely not a guarantee of relevancy).  

"Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant subject in order to be admitted to the Mundus Journalism programme. Students who have not yet graduated from their BA-degree can still apply, but documentation of the Bachelor’s degree must be forwarded to Aarhus University by August to complete the enrolment process prior to course start in September.

Subjects within Bachelor's programmes in Arts/Humanities and Social Sciences are by default considered to be relevant. Applicants who have completed other programmes, but whose qualifications are deemed by the Consortium to be relevant and adequate, may also be offered admission.

To ensure that the best candidates are admitted, the Consortium has decided to give priority to academic merit; candidates will only be admitted if they have an above-average Bachelor’s degree (a minimum of an above-average class mark/GPA is expected)."

Have you asked Aarhus University?  I just looked at their site (http://bachelor.au.dk/en/) and they seem to be set up pretty similar to the U.S. University structure (including TESU) and Business Degree Programs do not fall under the school(s) of Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences.  Here in the U.S. you'd have a hard time convincing a graduate school that a BSBA is an Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences relevant degree, no matter what the course titles you've taken were.  I would just be sure to have it confirmed before you waste time and money on remaining credits and the wrong capstone course. A BSBA is great (I'm getting one myself), but not if it is the wrong degree for your career goals and future degree plans.

EDIT: Also I looked at the Erasmus Mundus Journalism Programme you posted - studying abroad in multiple countries, very exciting. Good luck to you. I hope you make it happen.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,869 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,008 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,325 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,685 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero