Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help to finding A degree/plan.
(05-04-2018, 02:15 PM)allvia Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 01:59 PM)Danielp Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 01:54 PM)allvia Wrote: Not sure if you're aware but you cannot complete the BA in Communications and a BSBA from TESU at the same time - as they are from different schools within the university.   Considering your Grad School goal listed in the previous post, the BA in Communications (which is what the evaluation you shared credits listing is for) meets the Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant subject requirement; A BSBA does not, so that should make your choice easier between the two.

Yeah. But how sure are you that a BSBA won't be relevant? I think in Denmark it is listed under social sciences at least, but I'm not entirely sure.

According to the requirements listed on the site you shared the BA in Communications would, the BSBA would require it to be submitted, assessed and then evaluated as worthy (definitely not a guarantee of relevancy).  

"Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant subject in order to be admitted to the Mundus Journalism programme. Students who have not yet graduated from their BA-degree can still apply, but documentation of the Bachelor’s degree must be forwarded to Aarhus University by August to complete the enrolment process prior to course start in September.

Subjects within Bachelor's programmes in Arts/Humanities and Social Sciences are by default considered to be relevant. Applicants who have completed other programmes, but whose qualifications are deemed by the Consortium to be relevant and adequate, may also be offered admission.

To ensure that the best candidates are admitted, the Consortium has decided to give priority to academic merit; candidates will only be admitted if they have an above-average Bachelor’s degree (a minimum of an above-average class mark/GPA is expected)."

Have you asked Aarhus University?  I just looked at their site (http://bachelor.au.dk/en/) and they seem to be set up pretty similar to the U.S. University structure (including TESU) and Business Degree Programs do not fall under the school(s) of Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences.  Here in the U.S. you'd have a hard time convincing a graduate school that a BSBA is an Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences relevant degree, no matter what the course titles you've taken were.  I would just be sure to have it confirmed before you waste time and money on remaining credits and the wrong capstone course. A BSBA is great (I'm getting one myself), but not if it is the wrong degree for your career goals and future degree plans.

EDIT: Also I looked at the Erasmus Mundus Journalism Programme you posted - studying abroad in multiple countries, very exciting. Good luck to you. I hope you make it happen.

I wrote an e-mail to them yesterday and I'm waiting for their reply still.

I have a question. So far my GPA is 0, but I'll get a GPA with my capstone, but will that be enough to satisfy GPA requirements? I've seen a lot of MA, who requires a GPA with at least 3.0 and this has made me quite worried.

By the way, so far all my credits go into both degrees, so I don't have much to lose.

EDIT: The issue is.. I want to get at least 2 degrees, which makes it harder. Would be nice with a BSBA AND a Communication degree. Would it be possible to transfer all my credits to Charter Oak for example and get a BSBA there, while I get a Communications degree at TESU?
I still need a course from study.com as well, that I would like to start asap..
Hello,

I have a question about the liberal arts capstone. I haven't seem to find an answer to this question. I'm thinking to go with the ''online course'' thing. So here is my question, is it possible to work ahead? Also is there deadlines for the assignments? Do I need to submit something every week or how does it work exactly? I've read different things about this, so I'm not entirely sure on how it works..
You can turn things in early, but they probably won't be graded any sooner, and you'll need all the comments from the drafts in order to compile the final paper. The comments from previous draft chapters are even helpful for the following chapters. Blog posts can be done early, but obviously responding to others can't happen until they post.

In short, there's no meaningful way to work very far ahead.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You could have your paper written if you genuinely understood the directions ahead of time - most of us struggled until we got to each section. It isn't a typical paper. There are specific instructions for each module and my professor didn't give them ahead of time. He gave sample papers usually the week before the module was due. My recommendation is to do all your research as far out as possible. That is the time consuming part anyway. Be well read on your topic. You can pre-write, just know you'll be editing as you go. I had read all my source material, organized it, and written the draft within the first couple of weeks. However, until I got into the details I couldn't do final edits. I also had to wait around a lot to participate in the forums because other people have to post so you can respond to them. Those posts don't take long anyway so I wouldn't stress about them.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Alright. Thanks for the replies.

What are the different deadlines and is it possible if you could send a syllabus? I can't find a ''proper'' one on the TESU website.
If I remember correctly there is a paper due about every two weeks. On the off weeks you are just posting in the forums and working on your paper. During those weeks my professor would post the sample paper and instructions, answer questions, etc. Inside of the module were the directions. I don't think the syllabus included the instructions - just the deadline dates, ways to contact the professor etc. I'm not even sure it was an actual syllabus - just instructions inside the modules. Again, it's hard to work ahead because what one professor requires may be entirely different than another. Mine didn't assign reading from the textbook but others do. Some require original research, some don't. Some give sample papers, others don't. Some will let you write on any topic, others are more specific. They changed the course end of last year - I think - and put the textbook online. There may be more detail now, but I doubt you can access it without being in the course.

Btw, your first couple of weeks in the course will just be coming up with the topic and posting it on the forum so you'll have lots of time.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • Danielp
(06-12-2018, 12:54 PM)rlw74 Wrote: If I remember correctly there is a paper due about every two weeks. On the off weeks you are just posting in the forums and working on your paper. During those weeks my professor would post the sample paper and instructions, answer questions, etc. Inside of the module were the directions. I don't think the syllabus included the instructions - just the deadline dates, ways to contact the professor etc. I'm not even sure it was an actual syllabus - just instructions inside the modules. Again, it's hard to work ahead because what one professor requires may be entirely different than another. Mine didn't assign reading from the textbook but others do. Some require original research, some don't. Some give sample papers, others don't. Some will let you write on any topic, others are more specific. They changed the course end of last year - I think - and put the textbook online. There may be more detail now, but I doubt you can access it without being in the course.

Btw, your first couple of weeks in the course will just be coming up with the topic and posting it on the forum so you'll have lots of time.

Alright thank you!

Do you know if it's possible to sign up for the August term for the capstone with the lower fees?
(06-13-2018, 12:15 PM)Danielp Wrote: ... Do you know if it's possible to sign up for the August term for the capstone with the lower fees?

Registration for the August term opens on June 22. If you were to register and pay by the 30th, we think that you should get the discounted rate. Make sure to get the Study.com affiliation squared away with TESU beforehand.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Right now I'm doing a communication degree, is it possible to do a double major with a BALS with a concentration at the same time?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,653 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero