Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with BSBA for TESU
Hello! I can use some input on my plan for BSBA- OPS MGMT (although I am not dead set on OPS and may just go with Gen Mgmt). I was working towards BALS- OPS MGMT at EC and really would like to shift back to TESU now that they are taking some of my Shmoop courses (not to mention LESS UL's!!)  

Would someone please take a peek and help me place 'what goes where' since I'm not 'enrolled' at TESU and don't plan to until Jan/Feb.? As well as any input or guidance. I'm afraid that I may need to make a few adjustments-- which I hope I'm not too far off the path!

Thank you! 

I suck with forums(I'm a lurker-- not a poster!) I hope I've attached it! LOL 
[attachment=2483

Attached Files
.xlsx   EX BSBA- OPS MGMT NOV 2018 NATASHA.xlsx (Size: 11.35 KB / Downloads: 33)
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
TESU no longer takes SHMOOP. I see you have a lot of them on your plan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Edited: I just saw your other post about SHMOOP disregard.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Yes, I forgot to mention TESU has allowed me to have 'most' of my Shmoop courses since I completed and submitted them before TESU changed their policy.

I am thinking about enrolling for the December cornerstone so I can get enrolled and send the rest of my transcripts. And that'll get me enrolled since my 1-year application expiration period comes up in Feb. I do have a vacation planned for mid-Jan, but hoping I can still breeze thru the 1 credit course.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
(11-08-2018, 12:00 AM)scout2family Wrote: Yes, I forgot to mention TESU has allowed me to have 'most' of my Shmoop courses since I completed and submitted them before TESU changed their policy.

I am thinking about enrolling for the December cornerstone so I can get enrolled and send the rest of my transcripts. And that'll get me enrolled since my 1-year application expiration period comes up in Feb. I do have a vacation planned for mid-Jan, but hoping I can still breeze thru the 1 credit course.

That course will take you a couple of hours at most.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-08-2018, 10:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 12:00 AM)scout2family Wrote: Yes, I forgot to mention TESU has allowed me to have 'most' of my Shmoop courses since I completed and submitted them before TESU changed their policy.

That course will take you a couple of hours at most.

dfrecore- Music to my ears! Would you mind taking a look at my degree plan and see if I've got it somewhat straight?  Since I had transitioned to EC and focusing on a different degree, I am now having to take a step back and try to get caught back up on TESU and see if I've missed any new changes and also trying to work in the courses that I completed for the other degree.  

BTW, I enrolled for the Dec. Cornerstone-- so I don't have to worry about enrollment issues in Feb. AND I'm hoping to enroll Spring '19 for the CAPSTONE to graduate summer 2019. As long as I don't get hung up in having to retake a lot of courses. Fingers crossed!

TIA!

― Captain Jack Sparrow
Here are the issues I can spot right off the bat:
- Study.com's BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management will come in as OPM-301 to fulfill the Intro to Ops Mgmt requirement
- CSU-Global's PJM440EX: Total Quality Management will come in as OPM-411 to fulfill the TQM requirement
- Study.com's BUS 311: Project Management will come in as MAN-435 for your 1st elective
- Study.com's BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management will come in as OPM-420 for your 2nd elective
- Study.com's BUS 303: Management Info Systems will come in as CIS-301 for your 3rd elective

for your last elective, you can use CSU-Global, they have several courses:
OPS404EX: Leadership in Operations Management has come in for someone on this forum before
OPS402EX: Financial Performance in Ops Mgmt should also work
OPS400EX: Operations Management should duplicate the study.com course
OPS405EX: Managing the Supply Chain will probably duplicate the study.com course
PJM400EX: Project Procurement & Contract Management will probably work

I would ask TESU to pre-approve whichever of these courses you want to take before plunking down the $250.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-09-2018, 01:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Here are the issues I can spot right off the bat:
- Study.com's BUS 312: Advanced Operations Management will come in as OPM-301 to fulfill the Intro to Ops Mgmt requirement
- CSU-Global's PJM440EX: Total Quality Management will come in as OPM-411 to fulfill the TQM requirement
- Study.com's BUS 311: Project Management will come in as MAN-435 for your 1st elective
- Study.com's BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management will come in as OPM-420 for your 2nd elective
- Study.com's BUS 303: Management Info Systems will come in as CIS-301 for your 3rd elective

for your last elective, you can use CSU-Global, they have several courses:
OPS404EX: Leadership in Operations Management has come in for someone on this forum before
OPS402EX: Financial Performance in Ops Mgmt should also work
OPS400EX: Operations Management should duplicate the study.com course
OPS405EX: Managing the Supply Chain will probably duplicate the study.com course
PJM400EX: Project Procurement & Contract Management will probably work

I would ask TESU to pre-approve whichever of these courses you want to take before plunking down the $250.

dfrecore- Thank you!! Do I need to be taking all of these UL's or is there a LL I can sub-in? And I'm starting to have some anxiety about having to take a 'formal' course at CSU-Global. Are there other options to fulfill my AOS, besides CSU-Global? I'm enjoying Study.com, aside from there million quizzes, etc., but they don't have all the courses I need-- unless I change to General Management or whatever. Which, I've got to be honest, a BSBA is a BSBA.. right? We'll only know the difference if we look at our transcripts!?  Wink

OH-- and I haven't finished my Biology course yet and on my degree plan I jumped the gun and gave myself credit for that course. Do I have something else that'll fit here or should I just finish the Bio course? OR is there an easier course that I can knock out? 
Thank you soooo so much!

― Captain Jack Sparrow
(11-09-2018, 09:34 PM)scout2family Wrote: dfrecore- Thank you!! Do I need to be taking all of these UL's or is there a LL I can sub-in? And I'm starting to have some anxiety about having to take a 'formal' course at CSU-Global. Are there other options to fulfill my AOS, besides CSU-Global? I'm enjoying Study.com, aside from there million quizzes, etc., but they don't have all the courses I need-- unless I change to General Management or whatever. Which, I've got to be honest, a BSBA is a BSBA.. right? We'll only know the difference if we look at our transcripts!?  Wink

First, everything listed from CSU-Global aren't courses - they are CBE's (Exams), and cost $250 each.

Second, there are no other inexpensive options for the Ops Management concentration.  All of the CSU-Global CBE's are UL, there are no LL options.

Third, the only other option I know of is to get a CPIM Certification and then all of the courses come in as follows (although this was a while ago and I'm not certain how/if it works at this point):
Basics of Supply Chain Management (OPM-301) - 3cr
Strategic Management of Resources (OPM-470) - 3cr
Master Planning of Resources (OPM-313) - 2cr
Detailed Scheduling and Planning (OPM-331) - 2cr
Execution & Control of Operations (OPM-332) - 2cr

12cr UL for about $1800 (including study materials and the exam simulator bundle), and you come out with a certification, as well as all of the UL credits you need for the degree.  You'd still have to take the 2 required courses.  This would be a good option if you worked somewhere (or wanted to work somewhere) where this cert was a valuable addition to a BSBA.  BUT, I will also say that if you had this cert, then I'm not certain how important it would be to have the Ops Mgmt concentration!  It's kind of a catch-22.  I guess at that point, you could use the 12cr UL towards a GM concentration, and take 2 courses in ACC, MAR or FIN, and then have that cert.  You just need to figure out what is most valuable in your industry.
(11-09-2018, 11:10 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, everything listed from CSU-Global aren't courses - they are CBE's (Exams), and cost $250 each.

Second, there are no other inexpensive options for the Ops Management concentration.  All of the CSU-Global CBE's are UL, there are no LL options.

Third, the only other option I know of is to get a CPIM Certification and then all of the courses come in as follows (although this was a while ago and I'm not certain how/if it works at this point):
Basics of Supply Chain Management (OPM-301) - 3cr
Strategic Management of Resources (OPM-470) - 3cr
Master Planning of Resources (OPM-313) - 2cr
Detailed Scheduling and Planning (OPM-331) - 2cr
Execution & Control of Operations (OPM-332) - 2cr

12cr UL for about $1800 (including study materials and the exam simulator bundle), and you come out with a certification, as well as all of the UL credits you need for the degree.  You'd still have to take the 2 required courses.  This would be a good option if you worked somewhere (or wanted to work somewhere) where this cert was a valuable addition to a BSBA.  BUT, I will also say that if you had this cert, then I'm not certain how important it would be to have the Ops Mgmt concentration!  It's kind of a catch-22.  I guess at that point, you could use the 12cr UL towards a GM concentration, and take 2 courses in ACC, MAR or FIN, and then have that cert.  You just need to figure out what is most valuable in your industry.
Ahhh--- goes to show that I haven't even looked at CSU-Global. But I think I may be up to exams/testing out-- I haven't done that yet with any of my studies, but if that means skipping essays, etc., then why not. It'll be on my shoulders to study and pass-- I should be alright.  How are others preparing for these CBE's? Study with the supplied coursework for a few weeks and then testing? I'll just have to mentally prepare and not get too focused on the exam being my grade. And these can be taken in the comfort of my home, right? I will research this more now that I know there aren't other solid viable options. 

Getting my BSBA degree is just 'for me' and I don't need it for work, but it may be something I use in the future. As a business owner, this path felt more appealing than the others purely for having interest in some of the courses for the Ops Mgmt AOS. Either way, I am not tied to Ops Mgmt and may switch to make it easier on me. 

Thanks again for your help lady! This forum is truly blessed to have you.

― Captain Jack Sparrow
Will the SDC COMM-120: Presentations Skills in the Workplace course slot into the Gen Ed Oral Comm requirement-- or possibly in the BSBA Professional Bus/Mgrl Comm requirement? I'm dreading Oral Comm to be honest! Makes me sweaty thinking about it!!

I see it's NCCRS, which is fine since I'm going for TESU.

― Captain Jack Sparrow

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 733 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch