Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with BSBA for TESU
(11-27-2018, 12:42 AM)scout2family Wrote: Will the SDC COMM-120: Presentations Skills in the Workplace course slot into the Gen Ed Oral Comm requirement-- or possibly in the BSBA Professional Bus/Mgrl Comm requirement? I'm dreading Oral Comm to be honest! Makes me sweaty thinking about it!!

I see it's NCCRS, which is fine since I'm going for TESU.

Presentation skills filled in the Oral Comm requirement for me. It came in as COM-290 Presentational Speaking.
(11-27-2018, 12:42 AM)scout2family Wrote: Will the SDC COMM-120: Presentations Skills in the Workplace course slot into the Gen Ed Oral Comm requirement-- or possibly in the BSBA Professional Bus/Mgrl Comm requirement? I'm dreading Oral Comm to be honest! Makes me sweaty thinking about it!!

At least with an online speech class, you can record your speeches multiple times until you're happy with them. Plus only you and the grader are likely to ever see them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I am doing the BSBA through TESU and being enrolled has been invaluable because I have been able to get courses pre-approved. I was allowed to get an exception for a class I really wanted to take to be part of my area of study. I would recommend getting enrolled in January so you can have access to their advisors.

I have seen some past posts on here saying that TESU has terrible customer service and takes forever to get back to people. Well, my experience has been the opposite. I have gotten replies usually within 24 hours to all my questions and have had great experiences with everyone i have emailed. So it seems like they have made some positive changes.

(11-27-2018, 12:44 PM)Mab81 Wrote: I am doing the BSBA through TESU and being enrolled has been invaluable because I have been able to get courses pre-approved. I was allowed to get an exception for a class I really wanted to take to be part of my area of study. I would recommend getting enrolled in January so you can have access to their advisors.

I have seen some past posts on here saying that TESU has terrible customer service and takes forever to get back to people. Well, my experience has been the opposite. I have gotten replies usually within 24 hours to all my questions and have had great experiences with everyone i have emailed. So it seems like they have made some positive changes.

What exception did you get them to approve? I tried getting an exception made to allow me to take Project Management in my AOS, but they didn't go for it. I found it odd given my AOS is in CIS where Project Management is pretty important.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(11-27-2018, 03:25 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 12:44 PM)Mab81 Wrote: I am doing the BSBA through TESU and being enrolled has been invaluable because I have been able to get courses pre-approved. I was allowed to get an exception for a class I really wanted to take to be part of my area of study. I would recommend getting enrolled in January so you can have access to their advisors.

What exception did you get them to approve? I tried getting an exception made to allow me to take Project Management in my AOS, but they didn't go for it. I found it odd given my AOS is in CIS where Project Management is pretty important.

I wanted to take Employment Law as part of the AOS. Technically it is classified as a LAW class. Not BUS.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mab81's post:
  • Merlin
(11-27-2018, 01:06 AM)tobyisking Wrote:

Presentation skills filled in the Oral Comm requirement for me. It came in as COM-290 Presentational Speaking.

Great! So there is hope.

I DID enroll for the December Cornerstone and have yet to find the 'student portal' as my status still says I'm an applicant. I'm waiting for someone to 'flip the switch'. LOL I also submitted an updated ACE on Nov. 7th, which has yet to be reviewed and applied to my transcript. I'm trying to be patient.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(11-27-2018, 07:08 PM)scout2family Wrote: [...]
I DID enroll for the December Cornerstone and have yet to find the 'student portal' as my status still says I'm an applicant. I'm waiting for someone to 'flip the switch'. LOL I also submitted an updated ACE on Nov. 7th, which has yet to be reviewed and applied to my transcript. I'm trying to be patient.

The course and materials don't show up in the student portal until a few days before class begins. For example, for a course starting on Monday the portal may open up on Friday.

As for moving from applied to enrolled, that kicks in 10 days after the start of the term you registered for. The start date for the December term is 12/3, so you'll be considered officially enrolled on the 13th of December.

If you've already utilized both new applicant evaluations any new transcript requests will sit idle until 12/13 at which point add they enter into the evaluation queue. Response time from there depends on how many other evaluations there are before yours and how many credits you need to have evaluated. It can take anywhere from 10 to 45 days.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon
(11-09-2018, 01:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: - Study.com's BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management will come in as OPM-420 for your 2nd elective

This was on last year's list of soon to be downgraded courses, but I don't know if it happened.

(12-22-2018, 09:33 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 01:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: - Study.com's BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management will come in as OPM-420 for your 2nd elective

This was on last year's list of soon to be downgraded courses, but I don't know if it happened.

It's UL per ACE, so it's safe to take.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-22-2018, 11:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-22-2018, 09:33 AM)Ideas Wrote:

It's UL per ACE, so it's safe to take.

Yup, came in as OPM-420! Smile
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 455 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 430 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 445 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,266 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 248 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,183 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 228 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 357 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 271 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27