BIOL1413 General Zoology 4
GOVT2301 American Government 1 3
CHEM1311 General Chemistry 1 3
PSYC2301 General Psychology 3
COSC1401 Microcomputer Applications 4
GOVT2302 American Government 2 3

Certs : A+ , ITIL Foundations V4 , Project +

Hi everyone,

I want some help on what steps to take next. I want to start chipping away at finishing my degree. I attended WGU for a bit last year, but I wasn't a fan of the proctored exams. Ideally, I would like to get a Cybersecurity Degree, but really I'm at the point where any BS will do. Money is tight, and I work full time, so any recommendations you can provide to supplement transfer classes would be appreciated. 

To goal is to continue chipping away and graduate within a year.
If you are no longer enrolled with WGU I believe you can take courses (Sophia, SDC, ETC) and then apply again (you can transfer in as long as you're not enrolled).  You would only have to finish up with WGU the courses that they don't allow to be transferred in (you need 30 credits with WGU) you may already have most of those. May not be your first choice, but would likely be the fastest and cheapest.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • davewill
If you struggle with WGU's proctoring, going back could wind up being more expensive. If you gamble wrong, and it winds up taking you another two or three terms to finish, that's an expensive mistake. A TESU Comp Sci or BSBA CIS degree would be cheaper than 2+ terms at WGU. You'd need to do Calculus and Discrete Math for TESU's Comp Sci degree, but not for the BSBA CIS. BSBA CIS requires Stats and CSM Learn. Some students do both at the same time because it's only slightly more work to do so.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-21-2023, 06:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you struggle with WGU's proctoring, going back could wind up being more expensive. If you gamble wrong, and it winds up taking you another two or three terms to finish, that's an expensive mistake. A TESU Comp Sci or BSBA CIS degree would be cheaper than 2+ terms at WGU. You'd need to do Calculus and Discrete Math for TESU's Comp Sci degree, but not for the BSBA CIS. BSBA CIS requires Stats and CSM Learn. Some students do both at the same time because it's only slightly more work to do so.
Thank you for the feedback! I really struggle with the proctoring, I get nervous if someone is watching me. I wouldn’t mind it if it wasn’t that expensive to just try again. 

For compssci im great at math so I wouldn’t mind calculus and discrete math if I have to take them there. Anything you would recommend to get knocked out on Sophia or study before enrolling to save some money?
Going through ACE options such as Saylor.org, StraighterLine, or even Study.com would require proctoring of some sort. I'm still a tad confused on why WGU would be an issue if these type of proctoring is not? It's just a different proctoring service they use. Anyways, you're closer to the degree at WGU than finishing off at TESU.

I would create a spreadsheet and document which requirements are needed for the degrees of choice, then decide from there which one is closest to completion. Side note, you did the template, but missed the last post addendum, if you complete it and provide more details, it may benefit you as we'll get a clearer picture of your situation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Isn't WGU live proctoring while Study.com is recorded? I know I vastly prefer RPNow to ProctorU when it comes to proctoring.

You can complete almost everything at Sophia or Study.com. The exception would be the cornerstone and capstone classes. If you want to avoid paying the residency waiver fee, you can do a flat-rate 16-credit term, but it sounds like that might not be for you. For TESU degree planing, check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-21-2023, 01:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Isn't WGU live proctoring while Study.com is recorded? I know I vastly prefer RPNow to ProctorU when it comes to proctoring.

Yes, WGU is live proctoring with Examity. Many of us have had issues with Examity proctors. It was so bad that I never want to deal with proctors again. Recorded proctoring such as what Study uses would be very different. No one to interrupt you or make ridiculous demands such as telling your neighbor to stop mowing the lawn or turn a clear glass of water upside down. Yup, both of those things happened to me with Examity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
(01-21-2023, 01:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Isn't WGU live proctoring while Study.com is recorded? I know I vastly prefer RPNow to ProctorU when it comes to proctoring.

You can complete almost everything at Sophia or Study.com. The exception would be the cornerstone and capstone classes. If you want to avoid paying the residency waiver fee, you can do a flat-rate 16-credit term, but it sounds like that might not be for you. For TESU degree planing, check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
Thank you! While the proctoring is a problem it helps to know that I’m not paying thousands of dollars for every class. WGU also only took 18 of my CC credits so that was a bummer. I wouldn’t mind paying the residency waiver fee. I’ll look into that link. Thank you Smile
(01-21-2023, 10:43 PM)After-Strategy-2416 Wrote:

Thank you! While the proctoring is a problem it helps to know that I’m not paying thousands of dollars for every class. WGU also only took 18 of my CC credits so that was a bummer. I wouldn’t mind paying the residency waiver fee. I’ll look into that link. Thank you Smile

WGU is an excellent college though it does have some disadvantages over TESU
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid384086

WGU is pretty strict on accepting credits that are over 5yrs old.

If you do Computer Science, you can do the edX SOS-100,  which saves $1000, then even with paying the residency waiver, your total cost should be under $6000. (if you pass Saylor or TECEP Software Engineering)
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I would strongly suggest applying to TESU and preferably becoming fully enrolled ASAP. The cost for this will be $102 ($50 application fee, $52 Medical Terminology TECEP fee) and your enrollment status will last for about 1 year. You don't have to actually take the TECEP exam, but this is key to unlocking full enrollment status so that you can send in more than two transcripts. Once you are enrolled and your transcripts have been evaluated, you'll be able to see just how close you are to finishing your degree. And the wiki will make more sense in regards to what classes you'll need to complete.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • davewill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 7 145 2 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 653 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 57 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 340 8 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 352 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 148 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,484 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 216 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,859 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 181 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM