Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with TESU BACS
(02-13-2019, 11:15 AM)davewill Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:48 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Computer architecture from study.com would be another 3 UL credits, right?
I think I'm gonna plan for intro to programming and data structures last, in case study.com gets these two courses ACE approved. Fingers crossed.

The only thing I would note is that Data Structures makes for a good foundation for all the other CS courses. If you already have that knowledge, then your idea is fine. However if you're just learning CS, I'd be tempted to advise you to go ahead and find the course at your local CC or online and get it done early.

You could also take it at Study.com as a non-credit course just to get the knowledge and be able to do the other courses.

Then, if it became ACE-approved at some point, you could go back and finish it up (if there were any additional quizzes to do) and take the proctored final.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
(02-13-2019, 11:09 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 11:49 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 09:48 PM)NolaRice Wrote: I think I'm gonna plan for intro to programming and data structures last, in case study.com gets these two courses ACE approved. Fingers crossed.
study.com data structures course is 6+ months away from being ace approved.

Can you tell me where you heard this?  They don't normally tell anyone when/if future courses will be approved, so I'm surprised you know this.

I got it from this forum posted by another user who confirmed with SDC.

quote="jonesy20" pid='281219' dateline='1549986350']
I emailed Study.com about ACE certification of the Data Structures course and this was the reply.
"Our responsible team has informed that we do not expect that course to be recommended for credit within the next 6 months, potentially longer."
[/quote

A user named jonesy20
GRADUATE

Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (In Progress..)
MITx to ALM in ES: Management, Harvard University (Planned...2021)

UNDERGRAD

Sep 2019 Grad...

BA Computer Science, TESU
BA Liberal Studies, TESU
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  

SL (27 Cr): Eng Com I II, Ameri Gov, Reli, Nutri, Envi Sci, Cul Ant, Med Ter, IT Fund
Shmoop (18 Cr): Hist Tech, Hu Sex, Med Lit, Bible Lit, Prof Wrtng, E-Com
Sophia (11 Cr): Col Alg, Info Tech, Pub Speak, Effe Teams, Manag Con
TEEX (5 Cr): Cyb Ever, IT Prof, Info Risk Man  Aleks (9 Cr): Beg. Alg, Inter. Alg, Trig
ED4Credit (3 Cr): Man Info Sys   CPCU (2 Cr): Ethics
TESU (4 Cr): Corner, Capstone  Study.com (39 Cr): Pres. Skills, C Prog, Disc Math, Comp Arch, Op Sys, DB Man, Sys Analy, Calc I, Forensic Sci, Geometry, Intro Prog, Data Str
B&M (46 Cr)

I got lucky - I forgot I had secured a waiver for the capstone last year, when study.com had that deal going on (tuition discounts and cornerstone waiver). I confirmed with advising, and the waiver still stands.

Now, my issue is that I applied last year, and I haven't taken any classes yet. I need to maintain enrollment, looks like the cheapest way would be to take a TECEP. I'm looking into the Applied Liberal Arts Math and Computer concepts and applications TECEPs. Don't wanna have a lapse and lose my waiver.
----
TESU BA Computer Science 114/120 credits
TESU BA Psychology 95/120 credits
TESU ASNSM Mathematics 62/61 credits
Aiming for December 2019 Graduation
(02-14-2019, 03:27 PM)NolaRice Wrote: I got lucky - I forgot I had secured a waiver for the capstone last year, when study.com had that deal going on (tuition discounts and cornerstone waiver). I confirmed with advising, and the waiver still stands.

Now, my issue is that I applied last year, and I haven't taken any classes yet. I need to maintain enrollment, looks like the cheapest way would be to take a TECEP. I'm looking into the Applied Liberal Arts Math and Computer concepts and applications TECEPs. Don't wanna have a lapse and lose my waiver.

Either one of those exams is good - I would say that I scored significantly higher on the Math than Computers one, and thought it was MUCH easier, but I'm also probably better at math than computers, YMMV.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • NolaRice
(02-14-2019, 03:27 PM)NolaRice Wrote: I got lucky - I forgot I had secured a waiver for the capstone last year, when study.com had that deal going on (tuition discounts and cornerstone waiver). I confirmed with advising, and the waiver still stands.

Just for accuracy's sake, you got a waiver for the cornerstone. Waivers were never available for the capstone.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio? - InstantCert Credit
(02-14-2019, 05:14 PM)davewill Wrote:

Just for accuracy's sake, you got a waiver for the cornerstone. Waivers were never available for the capstone.

You're right, my bad! Work + school means I've been a little short on sleep lately...  Wink
----
TESU BA Computer Science 114/120 credits
TESU BA Psychology 95/120 credits
TESU ASNSM Mathematics 62/61 credits
Aiming for December 2019 Graduation

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? Coastie63j20 18 634 4 hours ago
Last Post: writersblock
  Tesu Residency Requirements SweetsugarNL 24 386 4 hours ago
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Student Guide ??? tls7291 3 69 5 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  TESU Accounting Degree classes Rustydroid 6 257 8 hours ago
Last Post: Rustydroid
  TESU | How to change Degree program akr680 6 99 Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Last Post: akr680
  The best strategy to complete BSBA in TESU, help. cecilgambe7 4 135 Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Last Post: natshar
  BSBA in International Business from TESU dosorio02 0 48 Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Last Post: dosorio02
  TESU or COSC? For BSBA gingermama 2 176 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: gingermama
  TESU Computer Science Updates Upper Level (UL) udi 19 1,005 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: kphung29
  Saylor courses for TESU BSBA Marketing? gingermama 6 180 Yesterday, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore