Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with TESU BSBA degree plan - Core/AOS courses
Finally making some headway on all my GE requirements and started knocking out some of my Business core classes. Anyone have any insight or degree plan to strictly utilize a combination of SDC, SL or Sophia courses for the missing classes below and the AOS requirements? I was planning on getting a BSBA in GM but am open to finance as well. Just looking to check the box and looking for the path of least resistance.

So far I have

Professional business core:
Financial Accounting - Sophia (Done)
Managerial Accounting - Straighterline (in progress)
Business Law - Straighterline (Done)
Principals of Management 0 Straighterline (Done)
Intro to CIS - Sophia (Done)
Introduction to Marketing - MISSING
Principals of Finance - MISSING
Business in Society - MISSING
Macroeconomics - Sophia (Done)
Microeconomics - Sophia (Done)
Business/Managerial Communications - MISSING
Capstone - TESU not started.

So I can't seem to nail down the missing courses from the core above.

Also, looking for some guidance for an AOS plan if anyone has one. As i am missing all of those.

I have also taken Sophia Project Management and developing effective teams but not sure where they fit in. Signed up for intro to business but again not sure if they cross reference to anything specific to TESU
The ones that are missing can be done through study.com, Saylor or CLEP/DSST for some. Because test centers are closed and Saylor is kind of difficult study.com is recommend.

If test centers happen to be open where you live then you might want to consider DSST/CLEP if you have a solid grasp on the subject.

If you want to try Saylor it is free to try out and I've heard Marketing and Finance aren't too bad. They have free practice final you can take and if you do good on that. Then you could just pay $25 and try the real final for credit. If you know the subjects and are good at tests, Saylor can be quick and easy, but it isn't for everyone.

Also, onlinedegree.com has a marketing course that only costs $9 but it is NCCRS and you'd have to deal with a different transcript.

Study.com is probably your best choice but I just wanted you to be aware there are other options if you wanted to try them.

Also, because TESU is known to make changes in might sense to sense to lock in a catalog by taking a TECEP in one of the Business core you need or even an UL course for the AOS.

The finance UL is missing a course I believe, but GM is tricky because you have to hit 3 different areas. But GM is easier because you can choose from a variety of courses, whereas Finance you have to do certain courses because that is all that is available.

Intro to Business comes in as a free elective.
I schedule a math tecep so I am locked in.

The list for GM is long and was hoping someone had the 6 AOS courses they took via sdc, sl or sophia already lined out.
Oh wait I forgot that insantcert has ACE course for Marketing, Managerial Accounting (which is ACE rec. UL) and Entrepreneurship. They are include in your membership study tools for CLEP/DSST as well.

It is pretty simple you could pretty much do any accounting course from study.com, any marketing course from study.com, any management course from study.com and any finance course (except personal finance) from study.com. Just get them approved first but pretty much all of them would work, there is a lot to choose from. If it has the word "management" "marketing" "finance" or "accounting" in the title there is a good chance it would work for GM.

Also, Davar has some UL business courses as well and they are accepted at TESU. And at $99 for two tests it is cheaper than study.com.

You already have 3 LL credits project management with Sophia. So you just need 5 more courses and 4 of them have to be UL.
I'm BSBA CIS. This is what I've taken:
Intro to Marketing - TECEP - Done
Principles of Finance - Study.com - Done
Business in Society - Davar - In progress
Business/Managerial Communication - CC transfer course

I just finished Macro/Micro with Sophia (far superior to SL).
I'm restarting SL tomorrow for Principles of Management, Managerial Accounting, and Business Law. I'm hoping they are much better than SL Macro which I just could not get through.
BSBA CIS: In Progress - 111/120cr - Applied for September Graduation
AAS CIT from CSN: Completed 2011

CLEP: 3cr. TECEP: 27cr. Sophia: 12cr. ALEKS: 3cr.  SL: 6cr. Davar: 3cr. SDC: 3cr 
In Progress: Davar: 3cr. SDC: 6cr. (pending transfer)
Introduction to Marketing - MISSING <--- I took this at OnlineDegree.
Principals of Finance - MISSING <--- Itook this at Davar
Business in Society - MISSING <--- I did one of the international business ones at SDC
Business/Managerial Communications - MISSING ,---- I took this at Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 69 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 159 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 136 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 74 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 68 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,726 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 195 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,551 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 122 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM