Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with WES
hello. has anyone used the WES website to send credits from a foreign country to a university in the US? thank you!
This is something I have not done but what do you specifically need help with?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I was thinking to send my credits to UMPI, so they could check it. Someone told me that needed to send credits to UMPI through WES, but I never used it. I already evaluated my credits with Spantran but UMPI will not accept it. So, I was looking for someone that used WES to explain me a little better, since WES website doesn’t have a chat and I send emails and they don’t answer.
(01-20-2021, 12:08 AM)DanielDaCosta87 Wrote: I was thinking to send my credits to UMPI, so they could check it. Someone told me that needed to send credits to UMPI through WES, but I never used it. I already  evaluated my credits with Spantran but UMPI will not accept it. So, I was looking for someone that used WES to explain me a little better, since WES website doesn’t have a chat and I send emails and they don’t answer.

Are you sure sending to WES is necessary? Because in their reply to my email (I'm an international student as well) they just told me to send all my transcripts to their address via mail or get the institutions to directly email them at the email given. They didn't mention WES even once.

Email enrollment@e.online.umpi.edu or email umpi-admissions@maine.edu and they'll give you all the info. Just make sure to explicitly mention UMPI Online. You can also call the number listed on their website via Google Hangouts. If Hangouts doesn't work then plenty of other services and apps also offer free calls to USA.
(01-27-2021, 11:30 PM)Pikachu Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:08 AM)DanielDaCosta87 Wrote: I was thinking to send my credits to UMPI, so they could check it. Someone told me that needed to send credits to UMPI through WES, but I never used it. I already  evaluated my credits with Spantran but UMPI will not accept it. So, I was looking for someone that used WES to explain me a little better, since WES website doesn’t have a chat and I send emails and they don’t answer.

Are you sure sending to WES is necessary? Because in their reply to my email (I'm an international student as well) they just told me to send all my transcripts to their address via mail or get the institutions to directly email them at the email given. They didn't mention WES even once.

Email enrollment@e.online.umpi.edu or email umpi-admissions@maine.edu and they'll give you all the info. Just make sure to explicitly mention UMPI Online. You can also call the number listed on their website via Google Hangouts. If Hangouts doesn't work then plenty of other services and apps also offer free calls to USA.

It's not UMPI Online. It's YourPace. Yes, YourPace requires the transcripts to be processed by WES. I specifically asked the YourPace admissions counselor about this. Also on the UMPI website under International Students - 5 Simple Steps number 2 specifically states that high school and college transcripts must go through WES. There are different admissions policies for Canadian applicants than the rest of the world. 

Emailing someone at enrollment is not the same as discussing the admissions process with the YourPace admissions office. Been there done that. Enrollment officers aren't always correct. 

https://www.umpi.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/
If i would be u i would email YourPace and explain them that Spantran is part of  NACES. Which makes them legitimate evaluation agencty as much as WES. I had the same discussion with COSC . They first insisted on WES but after few emails they agreed on Spantran. I dont see legitimate reason why UMPI should reject any NACES member evaluation.

https://www.naces.org/members
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • Pikachu
I used WES to evaluate my UK degree and had it sent to TESU. This was back in 2016 though, so I'm not sure I remember much of the process. What was it you were concerned about?
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master of Business Administration: ENEB Isabel I 
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University (freebie)
Certificate in Corporate Sustainability: Cornell University (freebie)