Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with degree plan for my 17 year old
Update: Student turned 18 and applied at TESU. 29 classes completed, 8 are RA.

What is the next step to have the completed classes evaluated?
[-] The following 2 users Like schlocker's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, origamishuttle
(08-10-2022, 04:58 AM)schlocker Wrote: Update: Student turned 18 and applied at TESU. 29 classes completed, 8 are RA.

What is the next step to have the completed classes evaluated?

You get 2 evaluations for free. But I would recommend paying for the Medical Terminology TECEP right away. If your transcripts don't all arrive on exactly the same day, it's possible and even likely that both free evaluations will get used up before all classes are evaluated.

Student doesn't have to actually take the TECEP, but the $50 fee is the cheapest way to ensure full enrollment.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
@schlocker, in addition to the above, you can decide on completing more Sophia.org/Study.com or whatever else is currently on the spreadsheet. Have you and the daughter worked on what classes to take at TESU, are you going the 16 credit route or paying the residency waiver fee? It seems the latter since you have the 24 RA credits, I would do all the ACE/NCCRS credits that will fit in the degree...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you both for the prompt and considerate replies and all of the help you provided us. We will sign up for the Medical Terminology class. We will be paying the residency fee.

Anxious to proceed with the evaluation. Once this is initiated what is required to assess the courses remaining?
(08-10-2022, 08:02 PM)schlocker Wrote: Thank you both for the prompt and considerate replies and all of the help you provided us. We will sign up for the Medical Terminology class. We will be paying the residency fee.

Anxious to proceed with the evaluation. Once this is initiated what is required to assess the courses remaining?

There is a student portal where you can view your degree plan and the courses remaining.

You will need to get to 100 credits to take the capstone and take the capstone/cornerstone courses by Nov 1st if you want to graduate by March of 2023.

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@schlocker, on second thought, since it's past the catalog changes or updates... I would decide if you're doing the Cornerstone and capstone together or each course by itself.  It really depends on how your daughter likes to work on classes...  From the spreadsheet, it seems she likes doing one course at a time.

I would apply when you have completed your Davar and other courses remaining (get up to 100 or more credits), you can get everything ready for transfer and apply, then wait for an evaluation.  I would just then do the Cornerstone by itself, skip the Medical Terminology TECEP as this will already enroll you.

The last step is then to make sure all the outstanding requirements are done, then complete the final Capstone by itself as well.  Since you're only at 87 credits or so, I would continue working on Davar and what's remaining, then apply when you're at 100 or so...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 78 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 161 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 138 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,739 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 198 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,553 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 578 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 214 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 624 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,085 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM