Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Here are Samples of Capstone Papers for TESU, and helps
I am now taking my capstone course. I scoured the internet and found some capstones submitted to TESU.

creative project:
Michael Andrew Newell Completed Capstone

research papers:

No. 1 has links to two contributors who have included five chapter assignments with the final paper:
1. http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...eview.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...ack-3.html

2. Road impact area - Capstone Thesis

3. Liberal Arts Capstone 2013 TESC

4. LiberalArtsCapstoneFinalProject

5. Ligustrum vulgare Case Study (Not in APA format; only 10 pages)

Powerpoint:
1. 'LIB 495' on SlideShare
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found on this forum the following helpful advice about the capstone:

1. Each "chapter" has an introduction and a conclusion, so there is a lot of repeated information going on.

2. Also, you have to keep repeating your sub-questions over and over again, which actually helps rack up the work count and extends the paper.

3. A sample paper from a previous student of modules 1-5 (topic is school shootings) has been extremely helpful, more so than the textbook. I have been trying to model my paper to be like the sample paper, which so far is working out well.

4. Modules 3 and 4 are kind of connected so I ended up doing them at the same time. There are times where very little gets done on my paper and then all of a sudden I'll work on it from 7:00pm to midnight and get an amazing amount of work done, it justs goes in streaks. Finding the right research to use for the paper can be tedious, and sometimes I would get discouraged when hours of research would go by without yielding much results. But yet somehow you come up with the information needed, you have to be patient and/or lucky. Without the sample paper I think I would have lost my mind weeks ago, but the sample paper is a miracle. It probably won't happen, but I would like to see a complete sample of the entire assignment to see how it all fits together. Maybe more info will come when the class reaches module 6.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And more advice...

Module 3--Methodology. Should basically tell what info you needed, your written sources (titles if you relied on them much) and anything else you did (interviews, surveys...) and how you did it.

Module 4--Results of Study. This is where you write about what your research has said so far. Since my sources were mostly documents, my Prof told me to basically summarize my Chapter 2 (Literature Review). Results of interviews or surveys should go here too--if they were a big part of your research, they should be the main bulk of the chapter. No opinions here either.

Module 5--Summary and Discussion. Finally, opinions!! Just do a recap of the topic, your methodology, and the results of your study on your subquestions. Then discuss!

Module 6--Putting everything together! Revise chapters, proofread. Make a table of contents. Make a bibliography or references page--ask your mentor which. Make an Appendix of interviews or surveys, if applicable. Put everything together and send it off! You really can't go wrong here if you've been fixing/adjusting things according to the mentor's feedback on your chapters and pay attention to including all the necessary info (references, TOC...) and formatting.
Bachelor of Music degree TESU (September 19, 2016)

Lower-level music and performance and applied music courses:
A.A. English San Jacinto Jr. College
University of North Texas

Business Ethics:
StraighterLine

Upper level music courses:
Fort Hays State University
University of Texas at the Permian Basin
Berklee College of Music
Thomas Edison State University
[-] The following 6 users Like peggy's post:
  • Doodlebabe, Dorothy44, jithasp, MrBossmanJr, NashMosby, S01013756
My mentor was unable to provide examples so this was extremely helpful! Thank you for posting!!
that's great!
Graphs can be very helpful in taking up space. This is definitely doable. I am no longer afraid of the capstone!
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
My mentor specified that the 25 page minimum excludes graphs/charts/tables. YMMV.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
peggy Wrote:I am now taking my capstone course. I scoured the internet and found some capstones submitted to TESU.

creative project:
Michael Andrew Newell Completed Capstone

research papers:

No. 1 has links to two contributors who have included five chapter assignments with the final paper:
1. http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...eview.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...ack-3.html

2. Road impact area - Capstone Thesis

3. Liberal Arts Capstone 2013 TESC

4. LiberalArtsCapstoneFinalProject

5. Ligustrum vulgare Case Study (Not in APA format; only 10 pages)

Powerpoint:
1. 'LIB 495' on SlideShare
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found on this forum the following helpful advice about the capstone:

1. Each "chapter" has an introduction and a conclusion, so there is a lot of repeated information going on.

2. Also, you have to keep repeating your sub-questions over and over again, which actually helps rack up the work count and extends the paper.

3. A sample paper from a previous student of modules 1-5 (topic is school shootings) has been extremely helpful, more so than the textbook. I have been trying to model my paper to be like the sample paper, which so far is working out well.

4. Modules 3 and 4 are kind of connected so I ended up doing them at the same time. There are times where very little gets done on my paper and then all of a sudden I'll work on it from 7:00pm to midnight and get an amazing amount of work done, it justs goes in streaks. Finding the right research to use for the paper can be tedious, and sometimes I would get discouraged when hours of research would go by without yielding much results. But yet somehow you come up with the information needed, you have to be patient and/or lucky. Without the sample paper I think I would have lost my mind weeks ago, but the sample paper is a miracle. It probably won't happen, but I would like to see a complete sample of the entire assignment to see how it all fits together. Maybe more info will come when the class reaches module 6.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And more advice...

Module 3--Methodology. Should basically tell what info you needed, your written sources (titles if you relied on them much) and anything else you did (interviews, surveys...) and how you did it.

Module 4--Results of Study. This is where you write about what your research has said so far. Since my sources were mostly documents, my Prof told me to basically summarize my Chapter 2 (Literature Review). Results of interviews or surveys should go here too--if they were a big part of your research, they should be the main bulk of the chapter. No opinions here either.

Module 5--Summary and Discussion. Finally, opinions!! Just do a recap of the topic, your methodology, and the results of your study on your subquestions. Then discuss!

Module 6--Putting everything together! Revise chapters, proofread. Make a table of contents. Make a bibliography or references page--ask your mentor which. Make an Appendix of interviews or surveys, if applicable. Put everything together and send it off! You really can't go wrong here if you've been fixing/adjusting things according to the mentor's feedback on your chapters and pay attention to including all the necessary info (references, TOC...) and formatting.

Thank you for sharing these links & tips! I'm not sure how I missed this thread originally, but glad to see it now!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Thanks for this list. Even though I'm doing the BSAST capstone instead of a liberal arts one, this is a really good compilation of resources.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Here are my capstone paper and project:

Project:
Jim and Elisabeth Elliot

Chapters and Paper:
I felt it was important to offer chapter assignments along with the final capstone, because the requirements for the chapter assignments differed slightly from the requirements for the chapters included in the final capstone. When at last the chapter assignments were ready to be included in the final capstone paper, we were required to make changes to them--hence, the reason for uploading both the final capstone paper and the individual chapter assignments.

Here are links(probably temporary until I can find a permanent home for them) to Chapter 4 Assignment, along with the Final Capstone Paper, which are too big to be attached:

Chapter 4
Final Capstone Paper

Attached are Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 5 Assignments:

Attached Files
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Chapter 1.docx (Size: 31.42 KB / Downloads: 160)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Chapter 2.docx (Size: 58.53 KB / Downloads: 284)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Chapter 3.docx (Size: 33.16 KB / Downloads: 83)
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Chapter 5.docx (Size: 31.09 KB / Downloads: 66)
Bachelor of Music degree TESU (September 19, 2016)

Lower-level music and performance and applied music courses:
A.A. English San Jacinto Jr. College
University of North Texas

Business Ethics:
StraighterLine

Upper level music courses:
Fort Hays State University
University of Texas at the Permian Basin
Berklee College of Music
[-] The following 2 users Like peggy's post:
  • HistoryMaker, S01013756
peggy Wrote:Here are my capstone paper and project:

Project:
Jim and Elisabeth Elliot

Chapters and Paper:
I felt it was important to offer chapter assignments along with the final capstone, because the requirements for the chapter assignments differed slightly from the requirements for the chapters included in the final capstone. When at last the chapter assignments were ready to be included in the final capstone paper, we were required to make changes to them--hence, the reason for uploading both the final capstone paper and the individual chapter assignments.

Here are links(probably temporary until I can find a permanent home for them) to Chapter 4 Assignment, along with the Final Capstone Paper, which are too big to be attached:

Chapter 4
Final Capstone Paper

Attached are Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 5 Assignments:

I love Elisabeth Elliot! Thank you for sharing!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Hello - Thank you for your posts...very helpful.  One simple question that I can't seem to find an answer to is the paper single or double spaced? Some examples are single while others are doubled.   In the LIB 495 OL,126 page instructions, I can't find it anywhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy