Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is where I am now with my graduate school decision..
Getting (back) into the swing of things in school can be difficult. I agree that it might be best to focus on ENEB until you're more sure of your paper-writing abilities. But at least you got the opportunity to see what Walden is like! So you'll be able to decide if you want to continue with Walden or if some other program sounds like a better fit. Smile
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-15-2021, 02:07 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Well, my first month and a half at Walden has been SLOW for me.  Lack of time is one barrier and my complete feeling of inadequacy in writing a paper has kind of halted my progress.    My coach set up a time to call me every Thursday to check inn, but he has only called once.  If I don’t take some time to really focus for like a week straight, I don’t know if I will finish much.  I might be better off to stick with the ENEB thing for now.  I am not sure.    Glad this is a free term.

Grad programs typically have a great deal of writing. One way to help with this is to set up blocks of time throughout the week where you just focus on school. You don't accept interruptions during your scheduled school time. If there's a party during that time you say maybe next time. That was how I got through UMPI which is a CBE program. Some of Waldens programs are also CBE. I'll be honest. It wasn't always easy sticking to my schedule especially in the summer and fall when we go to a lake almost every day.

What are you hoping to do with this degree? If you want to work in HR then you'll need a master's from the US in HR or an MBA, MSOL, or MSMan. The ENEB may be something to take on as an extra certificate but you'll be competing against people with those degrees. Degrees people in the US are familiar with.
(06-15-2021, 02:31 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Getting (back) into the swing of things in school can be difficult. I agree that it might be best to focus on ENEB until you're more sure of your paper-writing abilities. But at least you got the opportunity to see what Walden is like! So you'll be able to decide if you want to continue with Walden or if some other program sounds like a better fit. Smile

It really is hard to get into the swing of things.  Figuring out how to list and incorporate sources correctly is where I am getting stuck.  If it was just free-flow writing, I would probably be fine.   But academic writing is different… and different than it was back “in my day”.   I remember listing everything at the end.  But other than that, there wasn’t much of a format to *how* you wrote the paper.  But then again, it was so long ago, perhaps I just don’t remember much.  I don’t dislike the Walden format.  I think it is really well organized.  The problem is really my procrastination.

(06-15-2021, 03:46 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 02:07 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Well, my first month and a half at Walden has been SLOW for me.  Lack of time is one barrier and my complete feeling of inadequacy in writing a paper has kind of halted my progress.    My coach set up a time to call me every Thursday to check inn, but he has only called once.  If I don’t take some time to really focus for like a week straight, I don’t know if I will finish much.  I might be better off to stick with the ENEB thing for now.  I am not sure.    Glad this is a free term.

Grad programs typically have a great deal of writing. One way to help with this is to set up blocks of time throughout the week where you just focus on school. You don't accept interruptions during your scheduled school time. If there's a party during that time you say maybe next time. That was how I got through UMPI which is a CBE program. Some of Waldens programs are also CBE. I'll be honest. It wasn't always easy sticking to my schedule especially in the summer and fall when we go to a lake almost every day.

What are you hoping to do with this degree? If you want to work in HR then you'll need a master's from the US in HR or an MBA, MSOL, or MSMan. The ENEB may be something to take on as an extra certificate but you'll be competing against people with those degrees. Degrees people in the US are familiar with.

Good questions.  Luckily, I am employed, although it would be nice to earn more.  My husband is paid very well, so he covers most of our financial responsibilities.   But it would be nice to be on a somewhat equal footing.  I may circle back to just going for the second undergrad degree in business with HR focus…… then tackle the MBA path after that.  I am not sure yet.  I’m still going to try to block out some time and really get some courses done before the term ends.   Maybe I will surprise myself.  ENEB was and still is more of a personal enrichment challenge.  I am not relying on it for professional purposes.  If I am able to learn from it, that is never a bad thing.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Going back to school is not easy. Certain times of the year may be a bit easier. At my house specific seasons are CRAZy busy. Others are absolutely dead. It was much easier to do school over the winter when little was happening. Now things are hopping. It's getting into summer here and things are reopening. No one wants to stay home now. I'm sick of being home! LOL This does NOT help with my school work at all. Not one little bit. But in 2 weeks when I start grad school I'll have to suck it up and get my work done so I can go enjoy the outdoors and the lakes.
I just put in for 2 weeks vacation. Let’s see what I can get done in that time. I don’t have any specific plans. Just had 10 days to use by the end of the year. (Our year ends 6/30/21). Although, I might try to do something outside of this house at some point
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts
(06-16-2021, 02:49 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I just put in for 2 weeks vacation.  Let’s see what I can get done in that time.  I don’t have any specific plans.  Just had 10 days to use by the end of the year.  (Our year ends 6/30/21).  Although, I might try to do something outside of this house at some point

My husband has used some vacation recently to get back on track with his classes at PUG. They have a lot of writing in the ExcelTrack degrees that he's in. Like me he wants to be outside and enjoying the nice weather while we have it. Winter starts here in November and ends in May (if we're lucky!) so we spend LOT of time indoors during those bitterly cold, snowy months. This time of year we both want to get to the lakes. Within an hour of our house there's at least 16 lakes I can think of off the top of my head. Then there's the rivers, canals, and waterfalls. So much to see and do! I'm planning my school schedule to give me 1 full weekend day where I don't do school. I go do something fun. Something I enjoy. Kind of a reward for getting my work done. We'll see how that goes. LOL 

I did have a thought while I was out somewhere the other day. We need to get a wifi booster so that we can use the wifi out in our yard. I would LOVE to sit out in our yard and read. Our dogs would be thrilled to be outside more too.

You can totally get a lot done on your vacation days! Maybe try to set aside a few hours each week day when you'd be working and work on your assignments then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Vle045
(06-16-2021, 03:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 02:49 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I just put in for 2 weeks vacation.  Let’s see what I can get done in that time.  I don’t have any specific plans.  Just had 10 days to use by the end of the year.  (Our year ends 6/30/21).  Although, I might try to do something outside of this house at some point

My husband has used some vacation recently to get back on track with his classes at PUG. They have a lot of writing in the ExcelTrack degrees that he's in. Like me he wants to be outside and enjoying the nice weather while we have it. Winter starts here in November and ends in May (if we're lucky!) so we spend LOT of time indoors during those bitterly cold, snowy months. This time of year we both want to get to the lakes. Within an hour of our house there's at least 16 lakes I can think of off the top of my head. Then there's the rivers, canals, and waterfalls. So much to see and do! I'm planning my school schedule to give me 1 full weekend day where I don't do school. I go do something fun. Something I enjoy. Kind of a reward for getting my work done. We'll see how that goes. LOL 

I did have a thought while I was out somewhere the other day. We need to get a wifi booster so that we can use the wifi out in our yard. I would LOVE to sit out in our yard and read. Our dogs would be thrilled to be outside more too.

You can totally get a lot done on your vacation days! Maybe try to set aside a few hours each week day when you'd be working and work on your assignments then.

YES!  I was thinking of taking my laptop to the back deck on nice days.  I got a wifi booster  off Amazon last year for about $15.  It does the trick well!  I am sure the puppy will happily sit in the grass and eat twigs.  He loves twigs.  But also loves digging holes.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

You should look at Hellenic American University. They have an MBA program for 3k (I am currently enrolled) for your elective courses you can take subject matters that relate to human recourses which will fall under the people management certification. The school is regionally accredited and fully online. I know you wanted human resources and mba so this might be a great alternative to get an MBA with a few human resources courses.
https://mba.hauniv.edu/get-an-mba-your-w...vSU8DPpkf8
https://hauniv.edu/masters-in-business-administration
[-] The following 3 users Like newdegree's post:
  • cerich67, jamshid666, Vle045
(06-16-2021, 03:29 PM)newdegree Wrote: You should look at Hellenic American University. They have an MBA program for 3k (I am currently enrolled) for your elective courses you can take subject matters that relate to human recourses which will fall under the people management certification. The school is regionally accredited and fully online. I know you wanted human resources and mba so this might be a great alternative to get an MBA with a few human resources courses.
https://mba.hauniv.edu/get-an-mba-your-w...vSU8DPpkf8
https://hauniv.edu/masters-in-business-administration

Do they still have the scholarship so it's $3000 for the entire degree?
It still says $3k on that first link...
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,118 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 883 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,843 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,172 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,343 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,466 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,280 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,614 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz