Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is where I am now with my graduate school decision..
I agree as well going for the MBA would be the better move rather than a second bachelors in business administration. To be honest the MBA program is very manageable and for $3000 I think it's the best value for someone who just wants to learn about business administration from a regionally accredited school. It is a small school and the classes are very very small. I am currently taking one course and in my class, we started with three students but one dropped out now it only two of us but the professors and course content are awesome. We use assigned textbooks and Harvard Business Review articles to complete assignments that are submitted on blackboard.
[-] The following 2 users Like newdegree's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
Wow, a 2:1 student:teacher ratio! What an awesome opportunity to really gain knowledge from the professor!
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(06-23-2021, 07:38 AM)Flelm Wrote: I would agree with that as well. If you're going to do the MBA, it's a bit of a moot point to get a BSBA as a second degree.

(06-23-2021, 10:31 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: Wow, a 2:1 student:teacher ratio!  What an awesome opportunity to really gain knowledge from the professor!

I have heard from other students that courses have more students but no more than 5-7 students. I guess the first course they signed me up for didn't have many students. Only three students to start and now we are down to two but hey I'm not complaining I just read the material and do the assigned work. To be honest some courses will have a weekly zoom meeting/class (usually three hours long at night like from 6pm-9pm eastern standard time) and some courses won't. In the courses that do not have zoom meetings, your interaction will be through email with the professor if you have any questions or concerns. You will be doing a lot of self-learning overall but I believe most online programs are like that.
(06-23-2021, 10:42 AM)newdegree Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 07:38 AM)Flelm Wrote: I would agree with that as well. If you're going to do the MBA, it's a bit of a moot point to get a BSBA as a second degree.

(06-23-2021, 10:31 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: Wow, a 2:1 student:teacher ratio!  What an awesome opportunity to really gain knowledge from the professor!

I have heard from other students that courses have more students but no more than 5-7 students. I guess the first course they signed me up for didn't have many students. Only three students to start and now we are down to two but hey I'm not complaining I just read the material and do the assigned work. To be honest some courses will have a weekly zoom meeting/class (usually three hours long at night like from 6pm-9pm eastern standard time) and some courses won't. In the courses that do not have zoom meetings, your interaction will be through email with the professor if you have any questions or concerns. You will be doing a lot of self-learning overall but I believe most online programs are like that.
Most of the cheaper programs are going to be self-learning with very little classmate and Professor interaction. My MBA at SOSU was a lot of self-learning. My MS at Duke University is very high-touch interaction between my classmates and professors. Almost to the point you’d think it was an in-person program being delivered remotely.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • newdegree
(06-23-2021, 05:29 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: I just got my acceptance letter from HAU with a start date of Sept. 7th.  I just need to finish sending them all of my previous transcripts (quite a few) as well as dig up two people to write a recommendation letter for me. I reckon this means I can stop working on the BSBA from TESU as getting an MBA for $3,000 versus the BSBA for the $5,000 or so in remaining costs kind of makes TESU a moot point now.

A bachelor's degree is lowering ranking than a master's so the BSBA would do nothing for you if you have an MBA. Might as well spend the time, energy, and money on the MBA.

(06-23-2021, 10:42 AM)newdegree Wrote: I have heard from other students that courses have more students but no more than 5-7 students. I guess the first course they signed me up for didn't have many students. Only three students to start and now we are down to two but hey I'm not complaining I just read the material and do the assigned work. To be honest some courses will have a weekly zoom meeting/class (usually three hours long at night like from 6pm-9pm eastern standard time) and some courses won't. In the courses that do not have zoom meetings, your interaction will be through email with the professor if you have any questions or concerns. You will be doing a lot of self-learning overall but I believe most online programs are like that.

Every online program I have been a part of you really are learning on your own. You're given assignments. You complete them. They're graded and sent back to you. Some programs have discussions but they're not live. To some degree in person programs are the same way unless you have one of those awfully boring professors who spends your 50 minute class reading the textbook to you. Not all professors/instructors are engaging.
(06-23-2021, 12:43 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-23-2021, 05:29 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: I just got my acceptance letter from HAU with a start date of Sept. 7th.  I just need to finish sending them all of my previous transcripts (quite a few) as well as dig up two people to write a recommendation letter for me. I reckon this means I can stop working on the BSBA from TESU as getting an MBA for $3,000 versus the BSBA for the $5,000 or so in remaining costs kind of makes TESU a moot point now.

A bachelor's degree is lowering ranking than a master's so the BSBA would do nothing for you if you have an MBA. Might as well spend the time, energy, and money on the MBA.

(06-23-2021, 10:42 AM)newdegree Wrote: I have heard from other students that courses have more students but no more than 5-7 students. I guess the first course they signed me up for didn't have many students. Only three students to start and now we are down to two but hey I'm not complaining I just read the material and do the assigned work. To be honest some courses will have a weekly zoom meeting/class (usually three hours long at night like from 6pm-9pm eastern standard time) and some courses won't. In the courses that do not have zoom meetings, your interaction will be through email with the professor if you have any questions or concerns. You will be doing a lot of self-learning overall but I believe most online programs are like that.

Every online program I have been a part of you really are learning on your own. You're given assignments. You complete them. They're graded and sent back to you. Some programs have discussions but they're not live. To some degree in person programs are the same way unless you have one of those awfully boring professors who spends your 50 minute class reading the textbook to you. Not all professors/instructors are engaging.

Yes I have done two online degrees, One at excelsior college MPA (all online self-learning no zoom classes) and right now finishing a doctorate in healthcare administration at Virginia University of Lynchburg (has a zoom meeting 1 hour every two weeks for each class these conversations are life and allow the student to speak and build on topics we learned, most work is self-learning and discussion is done through discussion posts with students).
My experience so far with HAU is that as much interaction with the profs that you want, you will get. Seriously. A question gets a quick email back, a request for a call and the phone rings. I am very happy with HAU. It is much, much more interactive than say the TESU BSBA capstone.. if you want it to be.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 4 users Like cerich67's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, jch, newdegree, rachel83az
Just turned in my FIRST paper. Good grief. This might be a moment of truth. I really have to get two more or maybe three more done by August 1st. Hopefully I can do those a little faster with what I finally figured out so far. My current assignment is a PowerPoint about followers.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • cerich67, ss20ts
(06-16-2021, 07:55 PM)mcoryb Wrote: You mentioned WGU, and I think you should seriously consider it. Most people seem to knock out the MBA in one term. I finished in seven weeks. A lot of people then go on to take just six more classes and earn the MSML next, since there’s some overlap.
I've always been a big fan of WGU. I'm a fan of pretty much any legit self-paced/independent study/competency-based program. But I am a little concerned about WGU's rising prices as I remember reading that they are about to go up by over $400 on August 1st. Seems like an odd time to do this, and I could've sworn they already had a price increase last year, albeit a smaller one.
I also agree, you should do MBA over underground. When you complete your MBA, you can transfer some courses for your PhD.

Sent from my phone using DegreeForum.net mobile app
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,018 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 873 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,837 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,167 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 944 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,337 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,465 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,270 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,610 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 646 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz