Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's to Your Health DSST Study Android App
"double post"
Hi,

I have been studying for the Here's to Your Health DSST and decided to develop an Android App so I can study on the road. The App is called Quiz to Your Health and it is now posted on Google Play. It is a free app, and currently ad free. I will say that if the demand is high enough, I can also make an iOS version, and potentially develop more for other exams upon request or for the others that I am studying for! Smile

Please understand that although it is free, in the future I can not promise this. I am using a cloud server which costs money to host the questions and back-end, so if I reach a certain limit I then will be forced to upgrade. This would result in future apps being either for fee, or maybe just an Admob (advertising support).

The link to Google Play is here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...yourhealth

You can also search for it on Google Play by typing: Quiz to Your Health Just make sure that the developer shows as "M Burgos"

Hope people find it helpful!
Yes please make more! Looks fantastic! Thanks!
Now if you could just do one for DSST Substance Abuse Smile
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I'll add some more questions to the current version this weekend. The next class I will probably make is either Intro to World Religions or Biology Clep. I do want to add the iOS version as well, but i'm not sure I want to spend the $99 developer fee to get onto iTunes. I did find some bugs that I need to work out especially on the Tablet. I have a large screen Galaxy S2 that I am testing on so I won't really know of bugs unless i'm told. Most of the bugs I have so far deal with the buttons covering up the question.

Thanks for the support!

-armyb77
Will you make others?
Passed:

DSSTs
Here's to Your Health-LL 3, Lifespan Dev.-LL 3,Principles of Public Speaking-LL 3

CLEPs
College Comp Modular-LL 3 01-Jul-10, Freshman Comp-LL 6, College Math-LL 6, Humanities-LL 6, Information Systems & Computer Applications-LL 3

Human Resource Mgmt A.A. (CCAF):patriot:
General Studies B.S. AMU (Currently working on)banghead
Yes, I do plan on making others. Its been a bit crazy at my house because of my son's football season. Hopefully I can add more questions to the current app. Also I just got mac so I can creatr iPhone apps as well.

I could do World Religions DSST next because I still have all of my notes from when I took it.

~armyb77
This is cool. I'll try it out.
I was thinking of building a CLEP/DSST study app too. But I want one that the community can edit, like wikipedia. This way we can have more questions and exams added over time.
To keep bandwidth at a minimum, I would compress the questions and host them online. My app would have no server side processing. The app would download question banks and run them locally.
Is this how yours works?
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Sorry for anyone having issues with the app this weekend. I was adding questions to the exam and I didn't take the time to make sure the code was clean for the database. If you are still having problems select "settings" on your phone while in the app and "refresh all data" button in the app. This should refresh the database with the added questions, and make everything work properly again.
armyb77 Wrote:Yes, I do plan on making others. Its been a bit crazy at my house because of my son's football season. Hopefully I can add more questions to the current app. Also I just got mac so I can creatr iPhone apps as well.

I could do World Religions DSST next because I still have all of my notes from when I took it.

~armyb77

World Religions would be an excellent next choice, Sir.
Grant us wisdom from Thy mind, courage from Thine heart, strength from Thine arm, and protection by Thine hand. It is for Thee that we do battle, and to Thee belongs the victor's crown.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 268 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,223 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Uwill, mental health platform for institutions gets $30 million in funding bjcheung77 1 340 05-16-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,281 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 924 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore