Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Higher Level Math above College Algebra"
Once you are signed onto your ace reg and transcript system, and it shows in the "approved" column:
Intermediate Algebra ALEKS Corporation (McGraw Hill) ALEK-0002 Course 10/20/2016

That means I have those 3 credits on my ace transcript now, right?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

And will those credits stay there indefinitely, as in...I don't have to send them to anyone until I'm ready, right?

And if I do college algebra or precalc, can I also do college algebra with trig, or trig(and get credit)?

One more annoying question, which statistics from ALEKS is the easiest one to do, I'm assuming all 3 count as the stat for TESU.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Congratulations, you just earned 3 hours of Intermediate Algebra credit that will stay on your ACE transcript indefinitely. You do not have to send it to anyone until you are ready.

It's been so long since I took ALEKS stats that I only remember a bunch of overlap, sorry.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thanks! I might have just gotten college algebra too...waiting on it to show up in ace. Those are my first credits earned in over a decade. Feels good to get the ball rolling. cheersmate

I believe I can now take:

trig,
stats,
possibly beginning algebra for the hell of it, if it will count?

icampy Wrote:Thanks! I might have just gotten college algebra too...waiting on it to show up in ace. Those are my first credits earned in over a decade. Feels good to get the ball rolling. cheersmate

I believe I can now take:

trig,
stats,
possibly beginning algebra for the hell of it, if it will count?

Beginning Algebra will count at COSC but not TESU. I did it just to have it on my transcript. Who knows, maybe in the future TESU will decide to take it as an elective...probably not but it made sense to just do it anyway. Also I opted for PreCalc over Trig and it was similar to the Algebras. You can take PreCalc OR Trig but not both.
Thanks buddy. I might do it just in case I change my mind or something. I will start precalc or trig soon. I appreciate all the help, I know ya'll are tired of seeing my posts on this forum!

I did not find college algebra easy. I did find Stats easy.:hurray: I even think Stats is considered higher math?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Now I have college algebra and intermediate algebra :-)

Barely squeaked by, but it works!

The "higher level up" is proving to be a killer for me. I have done 6 assessments all day between precalc and trig, and have gotten 68 or 69 on every one. The last one I thought for sure I got 70 on the last one and it was 69. Pretty depressing, I was starting to think maybe I could try for a IT degree instead of the bsba cis, but looking like it will be the bsba cis, I just cannot pass the assesments.

icampy Wrote:The "higher level up" is proving to be a killer for me. I have done 6 assessments all day between precalc and trig, and have gotten 68 or 69 on every one. The last one I thought for sure I got 70 on the last one and it was 69. Pretty depressing, I was starting to think maybe I could try for a IT degree instead of the bsba cis, but looking like it will be the bsba cis, I just cannot pass the assesments.

You don't need to get to 70% on the initial assessment. That just means that you are starting the course at 68-69% finished. You would only need to do a few topics on the pie and then take a new assessment which usually will consist mostly of the topics you just covered. ALEKS doesn't use a typical testing system. Once you are 70% completed in the course after an assessment, you are finished and can get credit. You could probably spend about 15 minutes doing some new topics on the pie and then request an assessment and be finished for credit within two hours.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 692 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,055 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 538 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,214 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,572 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,958 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 250 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 521 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 411 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 747 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM