Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of the Vietnam War (study.com)
ndelcollo Wrote:I'm still waiting on the grade. I tried to take the exam late at night on the 5th, the day before my month expired, and there was some glitch. Study.com reset the exam for me after reviewing what I had done so far and agreeing that the glitch wasn't my fault, but by the time it was reviewed and reset, I wasn't able to retake again until the 11th due to schedule. I was about 30-35 questions into the first attempt and felt like I had only missed maybe 2-3 questions. I don't feel like I did as well with the second attempt, but I would guess my grade will be in the 80's somewhere or high 70's at worst. I definitely feel like I passed, but I think I was on my way to mid-90's grade on the first attempt. I also studied hard before the first attempt and then probably got a little too cocky before retaking and didn't go over things as much as I should have after taking a couple days before retaking the exam. Hopefully today is the day for the grade.

*I just want to make a note for anyone who needs assistance from Study.com. Originally, I just contacted them through the option on their website and the response I received was that I could retake the exam after 3 days. I had a problem with this because I paid for the 72 credits for the year and I did not feel like the glitch was my fault and I did not want to lose one of the exams I paid for. If you need any help through them, I would either call them or send an email directly to Lucas. He has helped me on multiple occasions with things and he actually listens to the problem and doesn't just give the standard, stock response. I've spoken with him both through email and the telephone and he is a great customer service rep. I think the contact option on the website is just for very basic things, so if you need something a little more in-depth I would definitely not bother with that option.

ndelcollo Wrote:I received the grade today and scored a 93%. I was pleasantly surprised to see that score. Now onto the two Civil War courses! I finished the quizzes for the first course and will be taking that exam within the next day or two. I noticed that because I finished Civil War and Reconstruction, I am already through 64 out of 120 quizzes for the American Civil War Era.

ndelcollo,
That's great! And it looks like it only took 2 days to get the results? I took Abnormal Psych on the 12th and am [slightly obsessively] checking every so often to see if my status will update from "pending". Did you email them to see about results before receiving your final score? I can't decide if that speeds things along (ie. bumps yours higher on the "to do" list) or not.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:ndelcollo,
That's great! And it looks like it only took 2 days to get the results? I took Abnormal Psych on the 12th and am [slightly obsessively] checking every so often to see if my status will update from "pending". Did you email them to see about results before receiving your final score? I can't decide if that speeds things along (ie. bumps yours higher on the "to do" list) or not.

Yea, I took the exam late at night on the 11th and I received the results around 7:15 eastern last night. The best part was that ACE confirmed the course about 3 minutes after I sent it in. I also was constantly checking my email to see if the results were in. I don't like waiting for the results but it's not so bad for only 2 days. Especially after the message says, "you will get your results in 1 to 2 weeks" after finishing the exam! Oh and I did not email them about the results. I figure that I annoy them enough with my constant questions and technical problems hahaha.
ndelcollo Wrote:Yea, I took the exam late at night on the 11th and I received the results around 7:15 eastern last night. The best part was that ACE confirmed the course about 3 minutes after I sent it in. I also was constantly checking my email to see if the results were in. I don't like waiting for the results but it's not so bad for only 2 days. Especially after the message says, "you will get your results in 1 to 2 weeks" after finishing the exam! Oh and I did not email them about the results. I figure that I annoy them enough with my constant questions and technical problems hahaha.

ndelcollo, I took Abnormal Psych on the 12th at lunch time... here I am 3 days later with "pending" still displayed.
I know, :nopity: it hasn't really been too long, but I was hoping to replicate your experience of two days, lol.

eta, I just got an email from study.com and from ACE saying I had received a passing grade/credit, but my Dashboard is still showing pending. :confused: Oh well, as long as I know I passed, I am satisfied & can mentally move on.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I am quite frustrated with the College Accelerator membership. My son has been waiting on his test results for almost two weeks now. Yes, when I signed up, we knew it could take up to three weeks to get results, but I was hoping that was in extreme situations. People on DegreeForum stated they got results in 3 days, so we were hoping it would be quick. UGH!

This is just too long to wait on results especially since all they have to do is review the video for cheating. My son should at least get a tentative pass or fail based on the automatic grading. Something like, "You passed the test, but we now have to review the video before we can give you your grade".

How can we decide whether or not we want to pay for a second month if it takes three weeks to get the results of your test considering you are only allowed 2 tests per month? I don't want him to start studying for test #2 until he knows whether he has to retake test #1. It would just be too stressful and distracting.

Due to their slow review, I will not be using their Accelerator service anymore. Sad

Just ranting. Sorry.
Meg
HeadsCarolina144 Wrote:I am quite frustrated with the College Accelerator membership. My son has been waiting on his test results for almost two weeks now. Yes, when I signed up, we knew it could take up to three weeks to get results, but I was hoping that was in extreme situations. People on DegreeForum stated they got results in 3 days, so we were hoping it would be quick. UGH!

This is just too long to wait on results especially since all they have to do is review the video for cheating. My son should at least get a tentative pass or fail based on the automatic grading. Something like, "You passed the test, but we now have to review the video before we can give you your grade".

How can we decide whether or not we want to pay for a second month if it takes three weeks to get the results of your test considering you are only allowed 2 tests per month? I don't want him to start studying for test #2 until he knows whether he has to retake test #1. It would just be too stressful and distracting.

Due to their slow review, I will not be using their Accelerator service anymore. Sad

Just ranting. Sorry.
Meg

This is a totally legitimate complaint, and I would do the same thing!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
HeadsCarolina144 Wrote:This is just too long to wait on results especially since all they have to do is review the video for cheating. My son should at least get a tentative pass or fail based on the automatic grading. Something like, "You passed the test, but we now have to review the video before we can give you your grade".

Just ranting. Sorry.
Meg

I would be extremely frustrated as well. Even 3-5 days felt too long to someone waiting on pins & needles to see the results!

One thing I found helpful was to both email and create a ticket to the help desk under "technical assistance" or whatever it is called, and customer service / support, stating my first & last name, the name of course, date I took the course, and that I wasn't sure if something had happened but I still hadn't received the results, and that I was frustrated at the delay.

I also always submit an ACE request the same day I take the test. All of these actions may do absolutely nothing to help, but they may also expedite the proctoring video in question to the top part of the pile.

The other thing to do would be to PM study.com here on df, as they may be able to assist. I would also ask to extend the date of his remaining test for this month because the delay in receiving the score means that he hasn't known whether to continue on to the next course, or keep studying to retake the one he just took.

Let us know how it goes!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"One thing I found helpful was to both email and create a ticket to the help desk under "technical assistance" or whatever it is called, "

He just heard back from Study.com. The rep stated he should get the results back by the end of this week. Still too long in my opinion.
Meg
Hi Meg,

I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience waiting for your exam results! We understand how important they are to students and we strive to get them to test-takers as quickly as possible. Recently, we've run into a few technical issues that are making that turnaround time longer than we'd like. We're currently in the process of getting those issues resolved and expect a shorter waiting period soon. In the meantime, if you want to PM us your student's details, I can look into his situation and try to expedite his results.

You can always reach out to us at support@study.com to check on exam status and we'll do our best to help in any way we can.

Thanks,
Study.com
Study.com Wrote:Hi Meg,

I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience waiting for your exam results! We understand how important they are to students and we strive to get them to test-takers as quickly as possible. Recently, we've run into a few technical issues that are making that turnaround time longer than we'd like. We're currently in the process of getting those issues resolved and expect a shorter waiting period soon. In the meantime, if you want to PM us your student's details, I can look into his situation and try to expedite his results.

You can always reach out to us at support@study.com to check on exam status and we'll do our best to help in any way we can.

Thanks,
Study.com

Your technical problems shouldn't become a student's problem as well. 3 weeks is WAY too long to wait, especially considering that your subscription period is a month. You've just taken up 3/4 of the student's subscription period. If it took him more than a week to work through the course, then he lost out on the rest of the period waiting for his grades. That's totally unacceptable.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
We know that 3 weeks is longer wait than expected. We'll work with any subscribers affected by this issue to make it right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 179 Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Last Post: jch
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 262 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,508 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,637 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,366 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 374 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,047 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,924 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle