Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Home Stretch for TESU BSBA GM
After getting some great advice in May from the forum I knocked out 8 courses on Sophia and pushed my credit count to 95 for a TESU BSBA/GM. Feel like the end is in sight. Questions I am hoping someone can help me with:
  • I see Sophia added Business Law and Principles of Finance. Any word on if TESU is excepting it?
  • Attaching my plan. Any recommendations on easiest way (Doesn’t have to be cheapest) to knock out my last two AOS and get another UL? I already have 9.
  • Any advice in general on knocking out the others quickly? I have done well on CLEP/DANTES but Sophia has been my favorite. I already enrolled for CIL and the Capstone at TESU
I really wish I didn’t take a 4+ year hiatus from getting my degree. Knocking out 8 classes over the last couple of months has me energized. 

Thank you in advance for any advice. Also feel free to message me if I can help in any way.

MB

Attached Files
.pdf   College 2020.pdf (Size: 162.49 KB / Downloads: 96)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MBDegree's post:
  • StoicJ
Professional UL courses don't count towards AOS UL requirements so its a waste to take them. Looks like you don't need more UL anyhow

So you should be taking Business 120: International Business instead of Business 308.
Business 113: Business Communication instead of Business 324.

We should know if TESU is going to accepting the new Sophia courses in about 10 days.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • MBDegree
Also hoping to find out about Business Law and Principles of Finance.

But InstantCert also provides managerial accounting and intro to entrepreneurship. I haven't taken them yet but I have seen people recommend these options.
[-] The following 1 user Likes acmh1211's post:
  • MBDegree
I've taken Finance and am working through Law right now so I won't know what they transfer in as for a while (I should probably finish Law's paper). IIRC, OldManOfTheSea is/has transfered these classes in; he may be waiting for an evaulation right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MBDegree
(08-04-2020, 03:18 PM)MBDegree Wrote: After getting some great advice in May from the forum I knocked out 8 courses on Sophia and pushed my credit count to 95 for a TESU BSBA/GM. Feel like the end is in sight. Questions I am hoping someone can help me with:
  • I see Sophia added Business Law and Principles of Finance. Any word on if TESU is excepting it?
  • Attaching my plan. Any recommendations on easiest way (Doesn’t have to be cheapest) to knock out my last two AOS and get another UL? I already have 9.
  • Any advice in general on knocking out the others quickly? I have done well on CLEP/DANTES but Sophia has been my favorite. I already enrolled for CIL and the Capstone at TESU
I really wish I didn’t take a 4+ year hiatus from getting my degree. Knocking out 8 classes over the last couple of months has me energized. 

Thank you in advance for any advice. Also feel free to message me if I can help in any way.

MB

Can you swap out the Introductory Business Law CLEP for the study.com class?  Take the Modern States prep class and get the CLEP voucher.  TESU brings in that at the same class - so you'll save a few dollars (pay only the testing center fee but get it reimbursed from Modern States) Might be quicker.

Maybe swap out the study.com Managerial Accounting for Instacert Managerial Accounting?  I am taking that now and waiting to see how OldMan got it transferred in.  $20 vs study.com fee.

Swap out the study.com Intro to Entrepreneurship with Instacert Intro to Entrepreneurship.  $20 vs study.com fee.  Granted, you'd need to wait until month 2 for the second Instacert class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • MBDegree
Hello all!

I'm still waiting on TESU to finish my latest evaluation and I'm hoping it will be done within the next couple of days. This evaluation will have the last four InstantCert courses and the last two Sophia courses I completed.

InstantCert Astronomy
InstantCert Spanish I
InstantCert Managerial Accounting
InstantCert Business Ethics

Sophia Principles of Finance
Sophia Business Law

As soon as the evaluation is completed, I will post the results in the forum.

Thanks!
OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 3 users Like OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • rachel83az, tesu-acct-student, TwinMom
I'm in the same boat! Just a few courses ahead of you. Sophia definitely energized me, just 4 courses left for me. I'm wrapping up all of mine with Davar and loving it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inkleind's post:
  • MBDegree
Thumbs Up 
(08-04-2020, 03:18 PM)MBDegree Wrote: After getting some great advice in May from the forum I knocked out 8 courses on Sophia and pushed my credit count to 95 for a TESU BSBA/GM. Feel like the end is in sight. Questions I am hoping someone can help me with:

MB

MB,

Just a few words of encouragement- congrats on getting back in the swing of things! Don't sweat the 4+ year hiatus, that time can't be recovered... Stay focused on crushing those requirements, the end is DEFINITELY in sight.. if it gets to be too much, slow down but DON'T STOP!!! You got this- All the best in your studies...

CG
[-] The following 2 users Like CableGuy98's post:
  • celticlapu, MBDegree
Hello all!

My evaluation came back today.. well most of it anyway.

InstantCert Astronomy - AST 101 Introductory Astronomy
InstantCert Spanish I - SPA 101 Elementary Spanish I
InstantCert Managerial Accounting - ??? ??? ???
InstantCert Business Ethics - BUS 205 Intro to Business Ethics & Society

Sophia Principles of Finance - FIN 200 Principles of Finance
Sophia Business Law - LAW 201 Business Law

No word yet on the InstantCert Managerial Accounting. I will give it another day or two and then reach out to TESU.

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-11-2020, 05:01 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hello all!

My evaluation came back today.. well most of it anyway.

InstantCert Astronomy - AST 101 Introductory Astronomy
InstantCert Spanish I - SPA 101 Elementary Spanish I
InstantCert Managerial Accounting - ??? ??? ???
InstantCert Business Ethics - BUS 205 Intro to Business Ethics & Society

Sophia Principles of Finance - FIN 200 Principles of Finance
Sophia Business Law - LAW 201 Business Law

No word yet on the InstantCert Managerial Accounting. I will give it another day or two and then reach out to TESU.

OldManOfTheSea
 When you reach out to TESU - hit on the fact that ACE has InstaCert Managerial as UL recommendation - not LL.    From an Senior Adviser via email to me in the past day:

"1. I'm waiting for confirmation from the Dean's office regarding the InstaCert course, Managerial Accounting. As soon as I know what the equivalency will be, I'll share it. Please note that the correct Straighterline course to complete Managerial Accounting is called Accounting II."

My inquiry was where InstaCert MA fit into my BSBA Accounting degree plan because of the UL recommendation - and asked to compare to say a Straighterline Accounting II - which is LL.  I asked whether there credit duplicates or if both could be used - Maybe InstaCert as an UL course.

I like the InstaCert format a LOT more than StraighterLine because I can't get a sense of place in the SL course but we'll see what happens.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,896 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 185 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 382 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 453 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,015 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 777 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,377 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 442 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16