Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly looking for Easy/Casual School
Stock trading, like poker, takes minutes to learn and a lifetime to master.

Over 90% of professionally managed funds can't beat the market.

So most people are just better off buying an ETF that tracks the DJIA or S&P 500 which are tickers "DIA" and "SPY".
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-18-2021, 06:03 PM)Unistic Wrote: And I'm looking at UMPI website, there's nothing mentioned for Military/GI Bill. Usually information like that is plastered on the front page. But I would like to attempted that bachelors in accounting (doubt I could pull it off) if not the business version. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask about the gi bill and the process. And yes I would like to avoid classes with proctored exams I can write papers all day and not break a sweat. So I'll give them a shot. Thanks you!!!!

UMPI is a bit confusing for most people because their online program has a completely separate website and most of the info on the regular UMPI website only applies to on campus students. 

Here's the online degrees:

https://online.umpi.edu/

UMPI does accept military benefits. You will need to go through the financial aid office for this. You may be required to complete a FAFSA for them. I'm not sure how military benefits work. 

When you fill out the application, you will be hounded by enrollment counselors. You do NOT have to take their calls or respond to their emails. They are like used car sales people from the 70's. They do NOT work for UMPI and are farmed out. They're a nightmare and don't know much about YourPace at all. I had one try to tell me that my degree program doesn't exist! The marketing concentration is new and they had no idea it existed. 

Please send me a pm and I will give you the contact info for the actual YourPace admissions person. They will be able to tell you who you will need to speak with about the military benefits.
Have any of you heard of Webster University?

They offer a 1 year Master in Finance, and from what little information I could find its a degree that "you get out of it what you put in". Which honestly could be said about any degree ever. But I can't find much else about the actual course work.
I don't think I've ever heard of Webster University before. It doesn't appear to be an especially good or bad school. I'm not sure how difficult the coursework is, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Unistic
Webster is somewhat small, it's a private university with an online presence, they're also targeting international students and have international campuses. I first found out about them when I was digging through the ACBSP program list for MBA programs. I think they're slightly expensive if you're going the undergraduate route, if you're an international student and wanting a US education, it would be possible, but I still wouldn't recommend them because of cost alone. There are better schools, namely the ones you mentioned in your original post... however, if cost, ease, speed isn't an issue, they're "OK".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-20-2021, 01:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Webster is somewhat small, it's a private university with an online presence, they're also targeting international students and have international campuses.  I first found out about them when I was digging through the ACBSP program list for MBA programs.   I think they're slightly expensive if you're going the undergraduate route, if you're an international student and wanting a US education, it would be possible, but I still wouldn't recommend them because of cost alone.  There are better schools, namely the ones you mentioned in your original post... however, if cost, ease, speed isn't an issue, they're "OK".

Cost isn't an issue because the GI bill is paying for it. What do you mean about ease? From what I'm reading the course work is manageable which I"m looking for in a plan and its a 1 year master in finance which I also want.

Also when researching colleges that are considered easy "manageable", 1 year Masters in Finance. I came across Cambridge College Global, still looking up how its coursework run though.

Thank you!
(11-20-2021, 11:04 AM)Unistic Wrote: Have any of you heard of Webster University?

They offer a 1 year Master in Finance, and from what little information I could find its a degree that "you get out of it what you put in".  Which honestly could be said about any degree ever. But I can't find much else about the actual course work.

If I remember correctly, you have a bachelor's degree from an NA school, right? Before applying to any master's program, you'll need to find out if they will accept a bachelor's from an NA school and you'll need to meet the GPA requirements for admissions as well.
(11-20-2021, 04:11 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 11:04 AM)Unistic Wrote: Have any of you heard of Webster University?

They offer a 1 year Master in Finance, and from what little information I could find its a degree that "you get out of it what you put in".  Which honestly could be said about any degree ever. But I can't find much else about the actual course work.

If I remember correctly, you have a bachelor's degree from an NA school, right? Before applying to any master's program, you'll need to find out if they will accept a bachelor's from an NA school and you'll need to meet the GPA requirements for admissions as well.

Correct, associates in Criminal Justice (RA) and a bachelors Information Technology (NA). Overall gpa is 3.16 still just researching the list of schools suggested/found and will make a decision on Monday. Again the goal is just to burn up my GI Bill and save the monthly payment I'll receive for my son's education. So I am looking for a more manageable degree and it wouldn't hurt to learn something new as well. So far I've narrowed it down to:

Bellevue Univeristy - Strategtic Finance 1 year
University of Arizon Global Campus - UAGC - MS Finance 15 months
SNHU - MS Finance 15 months
CSU Global - MS Finance - maybe
Webster University, MS Finance, 1 year
Cambridge college global , MS Finance 1 year
UMPI -BLS in management
(11-20-2021, 05:14 PM)Unistic Wrote: Correct, associates in Criminal Justice (RA) and a bachelors Information Technology (NA). Overall gpa is 3.16 still just researching the list of schools suggested/found and will make a decision on Monday. Again the goal is just to burn up my GI Bill and save the monthly payment I'll receive for my son's education. So I am looking for a more manageable degree and it wouldn't hurt to learn something new as well. So far I've narrowed it down to:

Bellevue Univeristy - Strategtic Finance 1 year
University of Arizon Global Campus - UAGC - MS Finance 15 months
SNHU - MS Finance 15 months
CSU Global - MS Finance - maybe
Webster University, MS Finance, 1 year
Cambridge college global , MS Finance 1 year
UMPI -BLS in management

I can tell you a bit about CSU Global. I was a student there before I transferred to UMPI. I have also spent a great deal of time talking to Bellevue University about grad programs there. Both of these schools have strict weekly schedules. Every Thursday there are assignments due and every Sunday. There are weekly discussions with multiple responses required along with citations. Every week you write a paper 5-7 pages or longer. Undergrad was 5-7 and I've been told grad it's longer. There are weekly graded quizzes as well. Along with a great deal of reading. You're required to buy textbooks or rent them. 

Based on what you sent me privately, I don't know how well you would hold up to those requirements. There's no leeway in the deadlines and requirements. UMPI is VERY forgiving. You're on your own schedule. If you want to complete 2 classes in a term, then that's no problem. You're not on a weekly schedule with hard deadlines. The only hard deadlines are the last day to submit rough drafts and the last day of classes. I have ADHD and struggled immensely at CSU Global with the workload and the constant deadlines. That's why I gave UMPI a try. I figured I didn't have anything to lose. I actually ended up graduating several months earlier than I would have at CSU Global and saved myself several thousand dollars plus an unmeasurable amount of stress. You have a lot of freedom in the UMPI program unlike the scheduled programs. WGU may be another option for you to look at as well. They're also a CBE program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
Unistic Wrote:Cost isn't an issue because the GI bill is paying for it. What do you mean about ease? From what I'm reading the course work is manageable which I"m looking for in a plan and its a 1 year master in finance which I also want.

Also when researching colleges that are considered easy "manageable", 1 year Masters in Finance. I came across Cambridge College Global, still looking up how its coursework run though.

Thank you!

Depending on your commitments in life, if you have a lot on your hands, a Competency Based degree may or may not be for you.

Most CBE programs are self paced and you pay by the term, I also suggest taking a look at the WGU MSML option instead of having UMPI BLS in Management on your list, as a Masters trumps a Bachelors any day of the week, furthermore, the cost would be about 4K/6 months, or roughly 8/year if you need more time...

BTW, when I mentioned ease to finish, I meant the number of assignments, readings, study, workload, etc compared to other programs... if you can find one that is to your liking, it'll save you energy/time in the long run.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,218 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Masters With What School? learningthehardway 43 3,871 08-27-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Kibo School Bsc Comp Sci? FrHaseKopf 2 710 07-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: FrHaseKopf
  Any cheap and easy Associates Degrees? learningthehardway 2 1,364 05-29-2022, 12:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Ridiculously Easy Associates Degree - Purdue University Global xicovu 72 16,817 01-25-2022, 04:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Best School To Transfer Over 200 credits spencydub 17 2,604 12-22-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Big Three -> B/M School MrWileyCoyote 5 1,315 04-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How different are capstones from school to school? suzycupcake 16 3,296 07-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  Big 3 to Lawyer/Law School in CA - Feedback Requested slaterjack 10 3,264 03-29-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Which school, if any, would be best for applying to a top 20 grad school? cstobler 9 1,702 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student