Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopefully someone can help me here with my degree plan....(BA Liberal Studies @ TESC)
Hello Everyone,
I figure I would post in this forum and see if I get a response, so here goes...
I am pursuing a BA in Liberal Studies from TESC. You can see what I have done so far but I need your help in trying to figure out the best way to finish. Please tell me if this sounds good or if I should change. Thank you for your help in advance!!!

I need a 12 credit residency with TESC so keep that in mind. I also need 3 credits in the Natural Science area, 15 hours in the General Elective area, and 21 credits in the Liberal Studies area.

Here is what I have come up with:

For the 12 credit residency:
The Mgt of Stress and Tension SOS 320 (Enrolled in TESC for June 2008)
Social Psychology (6 credit course to be taken at TESC)
Thanatology (to be taken at TESC)

For the Liberal Studies Area:
Ethics in America DSST (Studying for Dantes now)
Anthropology DSST (not sure if TESC will allow me to fill my core with this)
Drugs & Alcohol-DSST

For the General Education Electives Area (I am freaked out about these exams):
Humanities or American Lit-DSST (not sure which one is better or easier)
Social Sciences & History-CLEP
Natural Sciences-CLEP

If anyone can enlighten me, please do so as I get stressed out everytime I look at this list. Now you see why I am taking that class with TESC.

Thank you so much!!!!!
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed
Intro to World Religions-passed
Technical Writing-passed
Anthropology-passed
Social Science & History-passed
Humanities-passed:eek:
Substance Abuse-passed
Civil War and Reconstruction-passed :eek:
Psychology of Women TECEP- passed
Hi iwannapass,
For the general education credit that you are freaked out about (your words) I I took both 6 credit CLEP Humanities and Social Sciences & History cold on the same day and passed them both handily. I say this only because I found them to be pretty generic and doable. The questions were very broad in nature...especially SS&H. The study guides for those tests look a bit daunting since they cover so much material, but in reality those tests are so generic that they are very doable. I say go for it!
Good luck!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
For the science requirement, I'd take Astronomy or Environment and Humanity. Both of those were pretty easy with minimal study.

Social Sciences and History was pretty easy as well, but I had already taken Intro to Sociology and Intro to Psychology. If you passed Ed Psych, Intro to Psych might be easier as well.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
Thank you for the feedback. I took Astronomy 1 and 2 so I might try the Env & Humanity exam. Everyone tells me how broad and hard the SS&H and Humanities exam is, and the fact that I have no knowledge in those areas makes it even worse. Thank you for the feedback and I guess I will just give it a try. Any recommendations on my core courses? Thanks again!!!
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed
Intro to World Religions-passed
Technical Writing-passed
Anthropology-passed
Social Science & History-passed
Humanities-passed:eek:
Substance Abuse-passed
Civil War and Reconstruction-passed :eek:
Psychology of Women TECEP- passed
For the core courses, I'd recommend checking out the course catalog then picking and choosing which tests you want to take. It looks like you can take anything you want from Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Math as long as you make up the number of credits you need. I'd just pick the ones that interest you and/or are the easiest.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,940 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627