Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Close would these Get Me To Bachelors Liberal Arts Degree
How close would these credits get me to a Liberal Arts Degree at Excelsior College?

Also include Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting at SDC 

[img]blob:https://www.degreeforum.net/aa857a06-4410-45f7-813b-a2dcd2bae5d9[/img]

Attached Files
.docx   credits.docx (Size: 266.67 KB / Downloads: 18)
Dumb questions, but why EC? And why a BALS instead of a BSBA?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-14-2020, 12:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Dumb questions, but why EC?  And why a BALS instead of a BSBA?

It’s not a dumb question.  I was actually working my way toward a BSBA.  My target school was COSC.  I completed admission and submitted my transcripts.  My evaluation was done.  I was aiming to take complete the cornerstone in March.  However, when financial aid pulled down my FAFSA - an old school popped which I cannot get the transcript for.  I have talked and explained but they are not bending.  So,  I am just trying to weigh my options and see how I can maneuver.
(02-14-2020, 01:01 AM)nilahti2 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 12:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Dumb questions, but why EC?  And why a BALS instead of a BSBA?

It’s not a dumb question.  I was actually working my way toward a BSBA.  My target school was COSC.  I completed admission and submitted my transcripts.  My evaluation was done.  I was aiming to take complete the cornerstone in March.  However, when financial aid pulled down my FAFSA - an old school popped which I cannot get the transcript for.  I have talked and explained but they are not bending.  So,  I am just trying to weigh my options and see how I can maneuver.

You will have the same problem at any school you go to - they will all check the database, and see that there's a school on your record with no transcript, and will want that transcript.

EC is the same price as TESU, and I think it's harder to do the BALS/BSLS than either COSC or TESU: you have to have 2 "depth requirements" with 15cr in each discipline, and each depth has to have 6cr of UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you. This why I am asking to get a sense of how EC works. Anyway, I have been to other schools and I didn’t have a problem with this old transcript. The transcript they want is from 1994-1995. My mistake was in this situation was applying for the financial aid. That seems to be where they pull up old schools. Like I said, I was set. But when the financial aid did their thing...that old school popped up.
(02-14-2020, 01:28 AM)nilahti2 Wrote: Thank you.  This why I am asking to get a sense of how EC works.  Anyway,  I have been to other schools and I didn’t have a problem with this old transcript.  The transcript they want is from 1994-1995.  My mistake was in this situation was applying for the financial aid.  That seems to be where they pull up old schools.  Like I said, I was set.  But when the financial aid did their thing...that old school popped up.

Why can't you get the transcript from the old school?  If it is for financial reasons, have you attempted to contact them and see about any sort of write off?  I had a similar issue with a school I went to on an athletic scholarship from 20 years ago.  I was injured bad enough that I had to completely leave the school before the end of term and this was before online correspondence for classes.  I ended up failing a few of the classes and that required me to pay back x amount to the school.  fast forward 20 years and I called to see if they would work with me after explaining everything that happened back then and I was able to get my account cleared for 1/10th of the price.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
Yes. It is for financial reasons. During my last semester I took a loan of $1000 from the school. I was an internal school loan and the largest about that school would loan. I left the school before the next semester because it was too expensive and I didn’t want to rack of the bill. When I contacted the school a few years later to square the bill, they had moved to a digital system. Bills had been keyed into the system. So, I was like I wanna pay the $1000. They were like it’s $10,000. I went back and forth with them and requested a breakdown at how they arrived at the amount. They simply provided me with the printout of their system and the clerks notes. But not my original promissory note. The amount is not for $10,000.50 or $10,002 but exactly $10,000. Only sense that I can make of it is that when it was type into the system, another zero was added. But it’s my word against theirs.
(02-14-2020, 09:55 AM)nilahti2 Wrote: Yes. It is for financial reasons.  During my last semester I took a loan of $1000 from the school.  I was an internal school loan and the largest about that school would loan.  I left the school before the next semester because it was too expensive and I didn’t want to rack of the bill.  When I contacted the school a few years later to square the bill, they had moved to a digital system.  Bills had been keyed into the system.  So, I was like I wanna pay the $1000.  They were like it’s $10,000.  I went back and forth with them and requested a breakdown at how they arrived at the amount.  They simply provided me with the printout of their system and the clerks notes.  But not my original promissory note.  The amount is not for $10,000.50 or $10,002 but exactly $10,000.  Only sense that I can make of it is that when it was type into the system, another zero was added.  But it’s my word against theirs.

Well, you can't run from that.  It is my understanding, regardless of which school you choose, you will have to get that squared away prior to graduating.  I dont know of any school that is going to allow you to graduate before they receive transcripts from every school you've attended.  They may let you enroll and begin taking/transferring classes but once you get to the end you'll be up against this same hurdle.  You need to contact them and get it figured out one way or the other.  If you're serious about your educational goals you may need to hire an attorney or consultant to take care of it for you if you don't think you can on your own.  

I also wouldn't hesitate to go all the way to the highest person available on a bill that is 25+ years old and force them to produce some type of proof.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(02-14-2020, 01:28 AM)nilahti2 Wrote: Thank you.  This why I am asking to get a sense of how EC works.  Anyway,  I have been to other schools and I didn’t have a problem with this old transcript.  The transcript they want is from 1994-1995.  My mistake was in this situation was applying for the financial aid.  That seems to be where they pull up old schools.  Like I said, I was set.  But when the financial aid did their thing...that old school popped up.

If it doesn't pop up when you apply or take courses, it will likely pop up when they do the graduation audit. I'm fairly confident you will have to deal with this before you can graduate anywhere.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill is correct, it's exactly what I would recommend you to do is to "talk" it over with the school in question. Pay the fee or whatever you have to get your transcript. It will bite you in the end if you don't. If you want to read a post I did a day to two ago, see below: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid303360
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelors of Science in Business BigJohn1975 8 263 03-26-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 4 508 01-30-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What are Arts & Science Electives EHC2110 4 947 11-10-2023, 12:29 PM
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,170 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,074 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Arts, Sciences and Applied Prof Electives quetions CM1999 3 514 03-30-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: CM1999
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 4 814 03-01-2023, 01:32 PM
  EU Degree Cost? NBM123 14 2,229 11-28-2022, 10:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior business degree plan desireelws50 7 1,395 11-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts