Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying for TESU
So I'm looking to apply to TESU, for my BSBA in accounting, however I'm not 21 yet.

On the website, https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/undergrad-admissions

It says,

• If you possess a high school degree or GED equivalent, and have earned a minimum of 24 credits from a regionally accredited college/university with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.

• Complete the Age Waiver Petition Request Form

So are Clep credits counted as "regionally accredited"?  If Clep doesn't count, then I have to take the accuplacer test. Does anyone have any tips on that? The TESU page I linked says I need,

• Reading Comprehension: 236 or higher

• Sentence Skills: 241 or higher

• Arithmetic: 216 or higher

(for the accuplacer)

Does the accuplacer have just 3 categories? What level of Math is Arithmetic? 

Thanks you.
CLEP does not count as regionally accredited, only stuff from actual RA schools does. I didn't have any trouble with the Accuplacer, but I don't remember what level of Math it was, to be honest.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-13-2019, 04:13 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: CLEP does not count as regionally accredited, only stuff from actual RA schools does. I didn't have any trouble with the Accuplacer, but I don't remember what level of Math it was, to be honest.

Ok thanks, It might seem funny that I'm asking about the math since my major is in accounting haha Smile. I'm just judging whether I should do it after I do all my algebra, advance accounting and statistics.  I have a decent amount of Math courses I'm about to be jumping into. So maybe I should hold off on enrolling till after all that Math is locked and loaded in my head.
I would probably go ahead and apply. Based on my memory of it and the info I found online, I don't think you'll have much trouble (if you had enough math difficulty that you were going to have trouble, I suspect you'd be more worried about the math classes you have to take than you are).
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-13-2019, 04:38 PM)FishNDip Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 04:13 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: CLEP does not count as regionally accredited, only stuff from actual RA schools does. I didn't have any trouble with the Accuplacer, but I don't remember what level of Math it was, to be honest.

Ok thanks, It might seem funny that I'm asking about the math since my major is in accounting haha Smile. I'm just judging whether I should do it after I do all my algebra, advance accounting and statistics.  I have a decent amount of Math courses I'm about to be jumping into. So maybe I should hold off on enrolling till after all that Math is locked and loaded in my head.

To get a degree in Accounting from TESU you just need college algebra and statistics. Other colleges make you take Business Calculus as well but not TESU. 
Accounting doesn't actually require advanced math mostly arithmetic.
(06-13-2019, 06:13 PM)Rustydroid Wrote: To get a degree in Accounting from TESU you just need college algebra and statistics. Other colleges make you take Business Calculus as well but not TESU. 
Accounting doesn't actually require advanced math mostly arithmetic.

SOME schools require Business Calc, but MANY schools only require Stats, not even Algebra of any kind for a business degree.  Still more require Stats and College Algebra.  Some require Stats and Precalc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
As a side question, Do I need to fill up my 6 free electives? Can they be anything I want?
[-] The following 1 user Likes FishNDip's post:
  • Rustydroid
(06-14-2019, 02:19 PM)FishNDip Wrote: As a side question, Do I need to fill up my 6 free electives?  Can they be anything I want?

I think it depends on whether you eventually want to get a CPA certification but I'm not sure. Check the requirements for the CPA track and non CPA track for the Accounting degree at TESU. I'm going for the non CPA Accounting degree since it was either Accounting or a BSBA in Health Care Management for me. 
I have doubts that I will ever actually work as an accountant but I personally think it teaches you a specific skill set while also being a Business Administration degree. A regular Accounting degree is a good compromise for me. 
In your case if you do want to eventually get a CPA license then i would fill it with Accounting classes. I think you actually need around 150 credits to fulfill the CPA requirements but it varies by state. I would maybe look at the Master/CPA track with TESU. Again I'm no expert but its something to think about and do further research on. Perhaps someone else here has better advise on this.
(06-14-2019, 02:19 PM)FishNDip Wrote: As a side question, Do I need to fill up my 6 free electives?  Can they be anything I want?

Yes you do need to fill them up and they can be anything... even PE courses. So if you want to take tennis or swimming at the local CC, that'll work. That said, it makes some sense to leave some of them kind of open early on just in case some transfer credit doesn't fit the way you thought it would.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch