Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Strict is TESU on the 100 Credit Rule
I really want to graduate in September. Unfortunately, due to some personal obstacles, I haven't been able to work on my degree as much I'd like to lately. Currently, it shows I have 70 credits in my evaluation for my degree, however, if I sent my ACE transcripts then it will be 79 (I only want to pay to send my ACE once, but I'm willing to pay twice if it means graduating quicker).  

Furthermore, my current transcript shows I have 106 credits transferred in so far, due to the fact I've got around 70 B&M credits from a few years ago. Even if I do all the work, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get 100 credits in time for the May capstone on-time registration especially if it takes time for everything to send over and evaluated. I will have well over 100 credits just not all of them counting towards my degree. How strict is TESU on this policy, especially if you have over 100 credits transferred in just not all counting towards my degree?
What do you mean when you say you have transferred 106 credits, but not towards your degree? If your TESU evaluation shows 106 credits applied, then you are good to go. TESU is quite strict about the 100 credit capstone requirement. They would not let me get away even with 91 credits. If you wish to graduate in September, the May 2019 Capstone is your last option. I think you should send in your transcripts by March end latest. Of course, TESU is cooperative when you request a quick evaluation, stating that you wish to enrol for the Capstone.

Also, make sure that both the English Composition courses and most of the AOS courses are completed, and included in the 100 credits.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-12-2019, 07:06 PM)Supermind Wrote: What do you mean when you say you have transferred 106 credits, but not towards your degree? If your TESU evaluation shows 106 credits applied, then you are good to go. TESU is quite strict about the 100 credit capstone requirement. They would not let me get away even with 91 credits. If you wish to graduate in September, the May 2019 Capstone is your last option. I think you should send in your transcripts by March end latest. Of course, TESU is cooperative when you request a quick evaluation, stating that you wish to enrol for the Capstone.

Also, make sure that both the English Composition courses and most of the AOS courses are completed, and included in the 100 credits.

All my gen eds are done. So English isn't a problem. In the "unofficial transcript section, it shows all the credits I sent them which is where it says 106 credits.
If the credits aren't applicable to your degree, then they do not count. I have 155 in there...

I had to call in just to unlock my capstone signup.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Sometimes an email or call can sort all that out. If you explain that more classes are finished just not sent yet, they may work with you on that.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(03-12-2019, 07:31 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Sometimes an email or call can sort all that out. If you explain that more classes are finished just not sent yet, they may work with you on that.
I tried doing the same for my final 9 credits. It was taking time for it to get approved and added in my ACE credit register. TESU wouldn’t make any exceptions for me. I even sent them Saylor Direct credit certificates as proof of completion of those courses. They would not budge. I had to write to Saylor to expedite the process of approving my credits to be added to ACE, and then pay 15 $, just for those 9 credits to be sent to TESU. So, they are quite unrelenting when it comes to the 100-credit rule. But since @natshar has proof to show that there are many more credits, just not applied towards the degree, TESU might be willing to make an exception, I guess? No harm in trying.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(03-12-2019, 07:37 PM)Supermind Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:31 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Sometimes an email or call can sort all that out. If you explain that more classes are finished just not sent yet, they may work with you on that.
I tried doing the same for my final 9 credits. It was taking time for it to get approved and added in my ACE credit register. TESU wouldn’t make any exceptions for me. I even sent them Saylor Direct credit certificates as proof of completion of those courses. They would not budge. I had to write to Saylor to expedite the process of approving my credits to be added to ACE, and then pay 15 $, just for those 9 credits to be sent to TESU. So, they are quite unrelenting when it comes to the 100-credit rule. But since @natshar has proof to show that there are many more credits, just not applied towards the degree, TESU might be willing to make an exception, I guess? No harm in trying.

Yeah I'm just going to work as hard as I can and see what happens and where my eval is at by the time capstone registration happens.

I have no work the next couple of days so I have time to work. I have five study.com courses completed all quizzes just need either a final exam or a project or both. One onlinedegree.com course that just needs a final exam everything else complete. One CC course (self-paced) that just needs a final to be done.

I gotta say this new strict policy really makes things more difficult than it used to be. Really hard to graduate on time you have to plan everything out more in advance now.
I think you’ll be fine. Like I said, once you transfer your credits, it is easier to get TESU to do a speedy evaluation. Another thing that might help is that you pre-plan these prospective courses with your advisor, and have them included in your evaluation as planned transfers. I guess you have already done that? That might also help speed up the evaluation when you send in the credits. It would also help avoid a situation, where TESU suddenly says that some course does not fit your degree. Also, check the enrolment dates for the May Capstone, and make sure you do not incur a late fee of $ 150.

Have you tried the CSM Learn course for 39 $? If not, do that. You might be able to finish it in about half a day, and earn 3 credits. Among study.com courses, Special Ed. History & Law is something I can recommend for Free elective credits. I managed to finish it quickly. History of Vietnam War is another option.

What about your AOS credits? They are concerned about how many AOS you have left too.

(03-12-2019, 08:06 PM)Supermind Wrote: I think you’ll be fine. Like I said, once you transfer your credits, it is easier to get TESU to do a speedy evaluation. Another thing that might help is that you pre-plan these prospective courses with your advisor, and have them included in your evaluation as planned transfers. I guess you have already done that? That might also help speed up the evaluation when you send in the credits. It would also help avoid a situation, where TESU suddenly says that some course does not fit your degree. Also, check the enrolment dates for the May Capstone, and make sure you do not incur a late fee of $ 150.

Have you tried the CSM Learn course for 39 $? If not, do that. You might be able to finish it in about half a day, and earn 3 credits. Among study.com courses, Special Ed. History & Law is something I can recommend for Free elective credits. I managed to finish it quickly. History of Vietnam War is another option.

I have more than enough free electives to go around so I don't need any more of those. I was going do the CSM course because I was told it wouldn't count as the QR requirement for my BSBA degree. And yeah, I know about the fee, but honestly if paying $150 means I'll get to graduate in September instead of December, I'll take it.

I just sent TESU an e-mail with the courses I've already completed and are in progress to add to my degree plan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 783 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,586 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy