Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Accounting - Degree Help
I am new in DIY degree, I am very exciting about it and planning to get a BSBA(Accounting/CPA) in TESC

After reading the posts in the forum, I find the most of the credits are available by test out.
But for the below courses, I can't find a accurate answer for these courses credits being obtain.

Hope someone can guide me through. THanks Big Grin

Intermediate Accounting I
Intermediate Accounting II
Advanced Accounting I
Advanced Accounting II
Auditing
Federal Income Taxation I

Credit requirment of the course: Thomas Edison State College: Accounting/CPA
Intermediate Accounting I - Penn Foster, Straighterline, TESC or any other uni
Intermediate Accounting II - Penn Foster, TESC or any other uni
Advanced Accounting I - TESC or any other 4yr uni
Advanced Accounting II - TESC or any other 4yr uni
Auditing - TESC or any other 4yr uni
Federal Income Taxation I - TESC (TECEP exam or course) or any other 4yr uni

I would check with the board to ensure taking these courses at an alternate vendor such as straighterline or penn foster would be accepted. TESC may accept these sources for their degree but that doesn't necessarily mean your state board will.

You could also try a search on this forum as well as TESC's forums and of course google it. Smile
Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
You should definitely carefully read your state's requirements for the credits. It may or may not accept Straighterline, which you can use for intermediate accounting I, because Straighterline is not an accredited college. It offers courses that are ACE-recommended for college credit. Your state may or may not accept Penn Foster credits because Penn Foster is nationally accredited. So, check to see if regional accreditation is just required for the degree or if it's required for all of the accounting credits. To further complicate things, my state requires that a certain number of accounting credits be earned butt-in-seat. That's another thing to look into.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
bricabrac and sanantone
Thank you for yours details information, it helps me a lot.
I did several of those courses through LSU's online program. They are well priced for a real university and self-paced. If you go too fast though, they send you emails recommending you slow down (they don't force you, though). I also did a correspondence course through Adams State University. It was well priced but pen-and-paper. I emailed my homework to the professor but had to have someone (my pastor) proctor my tests.

I also did the Taxation TECEP and just had my local librarian proctor it. From what I remember it wasn't too bad since it's open book. I think there was only 1 question that I was completely clueless about.
I have so many blank that I don't know what to fill.

I am good in math, and not good in writing, need advice for filling the blanks

TESC BSBA Accounting

My prefer sequence for the test is as follow.

Aleks
Saylor
SL
TECEP
ECEP
DSST/CLEP and others

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
Since you say you like math...
For electives in IPS, try ALEKS Intermediate Algebra 3 and ALEKS Trig/Precalculus 3.

For Human Cultures, you could take Saylor Calculus I 4 and the TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Math 3. Alternatively, the CLEP College Mathematics 6 would fulfill 6 hours in one test.

For the 9 hours of Personal and Social Responsibility, you could take SL Business Ethics, Anthropology, and Sociology.

Good luck!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I will do assessment for my TESC BSBA Accounting in an Australian Accounting organisation in the future.
The organisation ask me for the detail syllabus as follow quote.

Quote:In order to determine the equivalency of your overseas law subjects, please provide detailed syllabus for the relevant subjects for assessment. This would also be applicable for all other accounting, finance and IT subjects completed as part of your qualifications.

Anyone know how can I find the syllabus for this? I only able to find the subject list in the TESC site BSBA in Accounting Degree at Thomas Edison State College
Ref: TESU BSBA Accounting CPA
Thomas Edison State University: Accounting/CPA

I found out most of other Credits alternavice, but not this one.

Advanced Accounting II

Is there any alternative?
Sorry Can't help you with Advanced Accounting II , but was wondering what you came up with for Intermediate Accounting II. It's looking more and more like that I will be taking this at Penn Foster
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 585 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 265 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 609 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,698 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,768 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 284 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 848 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,235 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM