Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do The Big 3 + UMPI Handle >20 Year Old RA Credits?
I have some RA credits that are >20 years old. At least for the general education credits, what are the chances that these will still transfer? Or, are they too old to "count" towards a degree in any capacity? In case it matters these credits were earned on the quarter system not the semester system. Thanks!
The Big 3 will all take old credits for GE. Most of mine were more than 20 years old. The coursework in the major for SOME majors are a bit stricter (my TESU BSBA would only take 9cr that were older than 10 years in the AoS for example, but no age limit in the Core).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
UMPI will accept 20 year old credits. It depends what they are of course. Quarter credits will be converted to semester credits. If nothing else they'll probably work for general electives. What are the courses?
(04-11-2022, 08:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI will accept 20 year old credits. It depends what they are of course. Quarter credits will be converted to semester credits. If nothing else they'll probably work for general electives. What are the courses?

Good to know. I don't have the list handy, but some general ed credits and some (now worthless) IT credits.
(04-11-2022, 08:37 PM)retro Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 08:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI will accept 20 year old credits. It depends what they are of course. Quarter credits will be converted to semester credits. If nothing else they'll probably work for general electives. What are the courses?

Good to know. I don't have the list handy, but some general ed credits and some (now worthless) IT credits.

Your credits are definitely not worthless. 

TESU has a computer science degree. However, the TESU IT degree isn't recommended since there are few alternative credits for their program. You could also do a BSBA concentration CIS and then pick up an associate's in computer science for free. 

UMPI has the BSBA project management, which is really a management of info systems degree. 

For WGU, they do have strict limitations on how old credits can be so it would be a lot more work/time to go there.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I brought in almost 70 credits that were 30+ years old. TESU didn't blink an eye. They would have rejected any CS credits that were over 10 years old, but I didn't have any.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(04-12-2022, 01:27 PM)davewill Wrote: I brought in almost 70 credits that were 30+ years old. TESU didn't blink an eye. They would have rejected any CS credits that were over 10 years old, but I didn't have any.

I think they'll take them, you just can't use them in the AoS.  They'll work in Science, Free Electives, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-12-2022, 01:27 PM)davewill Wrote: I brought in almost 70 credits that were 30+ years old. TESU didn't blink an eye. They would have rejected any CS credits that were over 10 years old, but I didn't have any.

They will take old CS credit and you can use them in your AOS. They put a limit on how much you can use in the AOS.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Slammyelis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utah Schools switching to the 3-year Bachelor Airamb 6 112 5 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Considering SNHU BSCS, TESU BSIT, or any other BS in tech over UMPI BLS MIS cvieira 24 926 03-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: cvieira
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 196 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,079 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,460 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,827 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 891 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU vs UMPI? Duneranger 10 1,018 09-07-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 977 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 670 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77