Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you get credit for Institute Ethics 312 course
Has anyone recently tried to get credit for The Institutes Ethics exam?? I went to the ACE website to try to input it so I can put it in my transcript, but when I did a course/exam search for Ethics 312, nothing came up. Also when you search for the evaluated organizations, The Institutes does not come up?!?!
Anyone know if it has been removed or something??
(04-16-2018, 04:11 PM)radconjohn Wrote: Has anyone recently tried to get credit for The Institutes Ethics exam?? I went to the ACE website to try to input it so I can put it in my transcript, but when I did a course/exam search for Ethics 312, nothing came up. Also when you search for the evaluated organizations, The Institutes does not come up?!?!

It's still there, I just did an ACE search to be sure. Recommendation expires on 7/31/2018, but will probably be renewed.

If you do a search for "The Institutes", you will find it, but if you're using the alphabetical list, you need to use the proper name of the organization, which is "American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters/The Institutes".

As for the ethics course, if you search for "ethics" in the dialogue under course/exam title, you will find it. Or you can look it up using the ACE id for the course, which is AICP-0121. The full name of the course is: "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct" which has course number "Ethics 312".
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon, warriortaupou
Thank you for your help!! I figured it out and it worked.
(04-16-2018, 06:03 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 04:11 PM)radconjohn Wrote: Has anyone recently tried to get credit for The Institutes Ethics exam?? I went to the ACE website to try to input it so I can put it in my transcript, but when I did a course/exam search for Ethics 312, nothing came up. Also when you search for the evaluated organizations, The Institutes does not come up?!?!

It's still there, I just did an ACE search to be sure. Recommendation expires on 7/31/2018, but will probably be renewed.

If you do a search for "The Institutes", you will find it, but if you're using the alphabetical list, you need to use the proper name of the organization, which is "American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters/The Institutes".

As for the ethics course, if you search for "ethics" in the dialogue under course/exam title, you will find it. Or you can look it up using the ACE id for the course, which is AICP-0121. The full name of the course is: "Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct" which has course number "Ethics 312".
Hi. I just completed the Ethics course with the Institutes. I tried entering the details you have provided here on the ACE website, but nothing comes up. I selected the full name as you have mentioned here: 'American Institute for...' from the list that comes up. I tried putting Ethics 312 as well as AICP-0121 in the Course number space. Nothing comes up when I hit enter. Do I need to wait 24 hours or something? I got an email from the Institutes that I will be able to print my certificate tomorrow.

It even does not accept the student ID assigned by The Institutes. But there is a clear mention on the Institutes page that the course is approved by ACE through 1/31/2019.

Attached Files
.pdf   The Inst..pdf (Size: 438.47 KB / Downloads: 6)
(09-15-2018, 06:14 AM)Supermind Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 06:03 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Hi. I just completed the Ethics course with the Institutes. I tried entering the details you have provided here on the ACE website, but nothing comes up. I selected the full name as you have mentioned here: 'American Institute for...' from the list that comes up. I tried putting Ethics 312 as well as AICP-0121 in the Course number space. Nothing comes up when I hit enter. Do I need to wait 24 hours or something? I got an email from the Institutes that I will be able to print my certificate tomorrow.

It even does not accept the student ID assigned by The Institutes. But there is a clear mention on the Institutes page that the course is approved by ACE through 1/31/2019.

I'm not sure what you're doing, but here are the steps you need to take.
  1. Log into your ace credit registry account (https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main). You may need to create an account if you don't already have one.
  2. Click on course search (or go to https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...chCriteria)
  3. On the course search page there will be a dialog box that says: CREDIT Database Search and has 4 spaces for text entry.
  4. Enter "AICP-0121" (without quotes of course) into the first box which should say "Course/Examination Number:"
  5. Click the "Search" button
That should bring up one listing: Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct, Course #: Ethics 312.

From there you can just click on the underlined course which will bring up a pop-up with the course info. Make sure you select the 8/1/2015 - 1/31/2019 entry in the drop-down if it isn't already set to that and then click "Add to Transcript". From there click on the calendar icon to select the date you completed the exam and then click the "submit for review" button.

Then you're done. You just have to wait for the Institutes folks to verify with ACE that you have completed everything. You'll get an email from ACE with the results one way or another. Usually takes a few days but it depends on how fast the course provider gets back to them.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • jsd, mudball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,536 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,957 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 789 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 247 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 743 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 698 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 485 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 533 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 655 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 332 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks