Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University of North Alabama online BBA
My ex wife's alma mater, UNA, offers an online, competency based AACSB accredited BBA that allows 90 credits of transfer. They also accept CLEP in 21 subjects. For those with a mix of RA credits and clep, but no degree this could be a good option. Or for those with an existing bachelor's in another field who need a business degree for career or personal goals, it might fit the bill.
I haven't dug too deep or taledk to anyone but I don't believe they accept ACE outside of military JST's. I could be wrong.

One interesting thing about UNA is they have a live mascot that lives with other lions in a lion habitat right on campus. Classes are sometimes punctuated by a random lion roar. (It's a terrifying sound IRL and rattles windows!)

https://www.una.edu/business/undergradua...index.html
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • allvia, origamishuttle
This is not a CBE program; you can choose between 8-wk "self-paced" courses or 16-wk "instructor-guided" courses. So unlike a regular CBE option like WGU or UMPI, you can't move onto another course once you finish one. If you finish a course early, you have to wait for the next term to enroll.

As for CLEP, I can't find how many credits they will accept (common is 30cr of CLEP); but they will accept the usual, except Composition - you have to write an essay scheduled with someone there on campus in order to get credit AFTER passing College Comp Modular, and you'll only get credit for College Comp I. I'm going to guess that the juice won't be worth the squeeze on that particular one.

A few caveats about the requirements:
1) you can only transfer 60cr from a CC (and I'm going to assume that the CLEP credits are in here as well); so if you want to transfer in 90cr, 30cr will have to come from a 4yr school,
2) this degree requires 45cr of UL in the major, and 50% of that must be taken in residency
3) the school requires 30cr of UL be taken in residency
4) the GE is pretty strict: Comp I & II, 12cr of Humanities, 12cr of History/SocSci (including Econ I & II), 3cr of math (Finite Math or College Algebra at a minimum), and 8cr of Science (it does not specifically say you have to take 2 lab sciences, but it may be the case based on what they offer)
5) When you add up the GE, Foundation, Core, and Concentration, it's 107cr - meaning only 13cr of Free Electives are allowed; not a lot of wiggle room there

But the price is good if you can find a way to only take 30cr there - $7,992, which is $370/cr, less a 20% automatic scholarship if you take at least 2 courses in the first term, and the first course is free. This is assuming the price stays the same until you're done.

For an AACSB program, the price is good, but this won't be an easy one to maximize transfer credits, nor will you be able to get through the program as quickly as most people on here want.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
They have a few Masters or EDS options that might appeal to prospective students, they've got a good tuition fee structure that's somewhat affordable at $400/credit - $350 tuition, $50 fee, a 30 credit Masters program can be done for $12K (non MBA/MAcc). Link: Tuition & Fees Per Semester (una.edu) 

Note: They also have a Masters in Applied Manufacturing Engineering program that will take individuals who have an ABET Engineering or ABET Engineering Technology or a non ABET undergrad.  Link: Online Master's of Science in Applied Manufacturing Engineering (una.edu)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,260 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,500 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 335 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 411 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,980 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,629 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 757 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 444 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 901 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,553 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77