Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does TESU study.com discount work?
Hi all,

I am coming close to pay for the TESU residency waiver fee. I know there is a 10% discount with study.com. Do I just have to be a study.com member and I get the discount? Or do I have to take exams?
(10-21-2017, 05:32 PM)mccatm Wrote: Hi all,

I am coming close to pay for the TESU residency waiver fee. I know there is a 10% discount with study.com. Do I just have to be a study.com member and I get the discount? Or do I have to take exams?

FYI and for those who PM me on this topic... here's what they will say if you email them...
Membership alone will NOT do, you have to have completed a course at the minimum.

Note: This is the same for the discounts on residency waiver fee, capstone fee, and cornerstone fee.
That means, you MUST at least pass 1 course from Study.com and have it on ACE or NCCRS transcript.

Thank you for your note.

As of today, we have not received your Study.com transcript.

You will need to reach out to Study.com for an official transcript and have it forwarded to

admissions@tesu.edu
or
Admissions Office
Thomas Edison State University
111 West State Street
Trenton NJ 08618

Once we receive the transcript and confirm, you will receive the Study.com affiliate pricing.

Regards,
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • slmartin
Thanks for the information. Do you know if it can be any course? Or does it have to be a specific type of course?
(10-23-2017, 07:21 AM)mccatm Wrote: Thanks for the information. Do you know if it can be any course? Or does it have to be a specific type of course?

It can be any course. I took 2 education courses at Study.com and they went in to my free electives. You can do 2 courses in one month at Study.com for $200
You get a discount on tuition and the residency waiver at TESU, which brought down cost of the capstone course and waiver for me.
I saved more at TESU than it cost me at Study.com
TESU: Capstone completed Big Grin
Study.com: Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction (6)
Patten: Academic Strategies, Child Growth and Development, Reading, Writing, and Research, Social Psych, Lifespan Development, American Government (18)
Shmoop: Drugs in Lit, Holocaust Lit, Poetry, Lit in the Media, Modernist Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, Western Lit, Women's Lit, British Lit, Euro History (30)
SL: Cultural Anthropology, English Comp I, English Comp II, Biology, Intro Comm, Environmental Science, Philosophy, C++,  Religion (27)
TEEX: Cyber Security for Business Professionals, Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals (6)
Sophia: Art History, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Comm, Dev Teams  (13)
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry (15)
NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators (2)
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences (3)
ACTFL: Reading Proficiency Test (6)
CPCU: Ethics (2)
Anyone know any discounts for a SDC membership? I have to reinstate my membership to finish 1 class and paying 200 bucks to do 10 quizzes and the exam is tough.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com Employee Discount natshar 5 11,892 09-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic