Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does this degree plan UMPI for accounting look?
Great, it works now! Big Grin

I don't see any foreign language in your plan. You also seem to be missing a science-with-a-lab. InstantCert Spanish is a good way to get the foreign lanaguage. SDC's BIO 101L for the science with a lab.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I didnt see a foreign language course on the degree plan they listed.
Can you tell me the difference in their BA - Accounting vs the BA Business Administration - Accounting?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(10-14-2021, 02:23 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I didnt see a foreign language course on the degree plan they listed.
Can you tell me the difference in their BA - Accounting vs the BA Business Administration - Accounting?

Foreign language is in the GEC, and it's required for all degrees.

As far as the BABA/Acct vs. BA in Accounting, there are 17 courses that are found in both (9 in general business and 8 that are accounting), and then the BABA has 3 additional business courses, while Accounting has 2 additional business courses and 4 additional accounting courses.

If you want to be a CPA, you should choose the BA in Accounting.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You got 9 accounting courses there. A couple of them are quite tough. You only need 8 for NJ CPA.

Also, you don't have Managerial Accounting on the plan (its the simpler Managerial Accounting course).

IF its ease/speed you're after then I'd:

1. Drop one of the Fed Tax courses.
2. Replace one of the tougher accounting courses with Managerial Accounting (SDC).

(10-14-2021, 02:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 02:23 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I didnt see a foreign language course on the degree plan they listed.

As far as the BABA/Acct vs. BA in Accounting, there are 17 courses that are found in both (9 in general business and 8 that are accounting), and then the BABA has 3 additional business courses, while Accounting has 2 additional business courses and 4 additional accounting courses.

As long as he gets 8 in accounting and 8 in business isn't he good to go in NJ whatever degree he does?
(10-14-2021, 04:58 PM)thecontrarian Wrote: You got 9 accounting courses there. A couple of them are quite tough. You only need 8 for NJ CPA.

Also, you don't have Managerial Accounting on the plan (its the simpler Managerial Accounting course).

2. Replace one of the tougher accounting courses with Managerial Accounting (SDC).

As long as he gets 8 in accounting and 8 in business isn't he good to go in NJ whatever degree he does?

Yes NJ CPA requirements are 

• 24 semester hours in accounting and 24 semester hours in business

When it comes to the GEC, can a course fill two requirements?
I notice that 1B requires ENG 121 but so does 4B.

Also, 1A and 1D require ENG 101.

Can I mark these as done as long as I have 40 distinct hours, meaning i would have to take other courses to reach the 40 hours, right?

Also, UMPI requires 18-21 General Electives. Can those be filled by any level course? I have a few CLEPs that wont fit into the GEC I am hoping to use there. And I have a few Sophia courses that I am hoping to use in the General Electives.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
A course can fill in multiple requirements, but you still need to make sure you hit all the credits needed. You'll need to supplement the courses until you reach the needed hours for the degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I reworked it all with the BA Accounting Degree.

I am trying to figure out if there are any other credits I can complete anywhere besides UMPI for the 10 classes they require.

Also need more General Electives that I can take from Sophia right?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=679428621

(10-14-2021, 04:58 PM)thecontrarian Wrote: You got 9 accounting courses there. A couple of them are quite tough. You only need 8 for NJ CPA.

So then you dont recommend the BA in accounting but the BABA accounting right?

(10-14-2021, 04:58 PM)thecontrarian Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 02:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you want to be a CPA, you should choose the BA in Accounting.

Call me crazy, but if someone wants to be a CPA, wouldn't they want to take as many accounting courses as possible?  I personally would take even more than necessary - because I want to be exposed to as much as possible.  If that's going to be your job (and if you go to work for one of the Big 4 (3?) it's going to be for 60-80 hour weeks for the first couple of years), you're better off with more, not just the minimum.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • NoStudentNoCry
Some states require 150 credits, you may want to verify a few things. I suggest any BA or BSBA accounting with at minimum 30 credits of accounting. Then go for an accounting masters, such as the MS Accounting at WGU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-14-2021, 09:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Some states require 150 credits

All states now require 150 credits. The only exception is U.S. Virgin Island. 
Some states allow you to take exam with 120 cr, but even if you pass all sections, you still must show 150 credits to become licensed.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 1 76 Yesterday, 02:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,655 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 180 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,527 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 576 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 200 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 420 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 620 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,072 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 239 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13