Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How fact can a degree holder get a degree?
The instructor replied. She said it is doable.

But even better would be a school that would post the CLEP credit to a transcript, if anybody knows of such a school.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
I'm cleared to enroll. Problem solved.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
Clep, I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm just wondering if it's a sign. I'm a nurse and would never encourage anyone to go into nursing. You may want to Google "No nursing jobs" or "No nursing shortage". Could this one small thing be a sign? Here for you.
I'm one of the people who tells others there is no nursing shortage. But there are other reasons to be a nurse. I'm going to work at my church's free clinic. Notice I didn't say get paid to work there.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
clep3705 Wrote:I have brick and mortar A.S., B.A., and M.B.A. degrees.

I would skip the registrar and ask the nursing school dean why it is necessary for someone who has earned a graduate degree (I'm assuming all degrees are RA and that you are a native English speaker) would be expected to take a freshman English course.

If the answer is anything other than a state law, or an accreditation requirement that they can point to, I would look elsewhere.
cannoda Wrote:If the answer is anything other than a state law, or an accreditation requirement that they can point to, I would look elsewhere.

It's a state law, but as I previously posted, it has been resolved. I'm unconditionally cleared to enroll.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
clep3705 Wrote:I'm one of the people who tells others there is no nursing shortage. But there are other reasons to be a nurse. I'm going to work at my church's free clinic. Notice I didn't say get paid to work there.

Why not become a Doctor? Nurses cannot write prescriptions or give medical diagnoses. If you want to help, perhaps you can start off as a CNA. Esp. if you're not in it for the money. Just a suggestion. You messaged me personally and it appears as though you're very set in your ways and my hats of to you. Lots of luck.
Nurse practitioners can diagnose and write prescriptions in the state of Texas and other states. The Doctor of Nursing Practice degree is required and can be earned while working as a nurse.

Patients are very satisfied with nurse practitioners as primary care providers. Many people prefer them.

Nurse practitioners make up about 1% of the nursing profession where I live. It's not for everybody, but when there's a good fit, it's great.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
72 CLEP U.S. History I
470 DSST Statistics
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
Quote:I'm cleared to enroll. Problem solved.

Good to hear! Good luck going forward.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
clep3705 Wrote:Nurse practitioners can diagnose and write prescriptions in the state of Texas and other states. The Doctor of Nursing Practice degree is required and can be earned while working as a nurse.

Patients are very satisfied with nurse practitioners as primary care providers. Many people prefer them.

Nurse practitioners make up about 1% of the nursing profession where I live. It's not for everybody, but when there's a good fit, it's great.

No offense, but your PMs and posts (combined) seem a bit defensive and excessive and you're not even a nurse, so I am not sure how you can make those assumptions. If you know it's a great field, you definitely don't need to prove that to me. Do what makes you happy and lots of luck! I wouldn't take the same path as you, in order to volunteer, but that's why we are different people.

I hope it works out for you. You will need to complete a NP program to write prescriptions and in some states, you will need to work under a Doctor. It looks like you're doing your research. I can tell you how nursing is until I'm blue in the face. But I have no desire to. You have to find out how it is on your own and no one is stopping you. Perhaps your experience as a volunteer nurse will be different and even better!

I would personally love to volunteer in Japan, but I cannot afford to stop working at the moment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,228 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,363 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,684 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,900 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,035 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,340 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,700 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero