Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How fast can YOU complete a ModernStates course?
Someone asked me this question by private message and I had a thought... I've not done a CLEP or DSST, nor taken any of their courses.
However, by looking over their course offerings, the majority of them state this: 6 weeks, 4 hours a week, doesn't that equal 24 hours?
What if someone crammed that into two days or three days, I assume someone can complete one of these in a long weekend...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I assume it depends on the exact subject. However, there was someone here who commented in some thread about being able to complete ModernStates courses in about 3 days, yes.

But will you actually retain that information for the CLEP test? Information gained quickly may be lost just as quickly.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
bjcheung77 Wrote:6 weeks, 4 hours a week, doesn't that equal 24 hours?

Oops, typo, it should say 4 weeks, 6 hours a week...

rachel83az Wrote:I assume it depends on the exact subject. However, there was someone here who commented in some thread about being able to complete ModernStates courses in about 3 days, yes.

But will you actually retain that information for the CLEP test? Information gained quickly may be lost just as quickly.

Yeah, maybe I should take something to find out. I should take one or two, maybe three exams and see how long on average it takes me to pass a CLEP. I recall looking at a few courses from ModernStates and they seem more like preview/review courses as they don't go into too much details. I highly recommend getting supplemental CLEP prep in addition to ModernStates. It'll be great to use their program courses for review/preview but not the sole prep material for the exams.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
Competing a Modern States course in record speed probably won't help anyone get a decent score on a CLEP exam though. Sure I completed a Sophia course in 16 hours. I had completed a very similar course 2 weeks before at CSU Global. I also have experience in that course topic. I also just had to take an open book Sophia final exam and score a 50 to pass not a closed book exam where my entire score was dependent on that one exam.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
hmm.. I didn't try to cram a MS course that fast. (done 9 of them for clep) But did a little each day from the course along with practice exams. I used MS course to brush up on material I knew and fill gaps that I did not now. I used MS to get a voucher for taking clep. I had to add practice exams (my library has the petersons brand of clep practice exams online) to do well on clep exam. agreeing with ss20ts about it.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I always played the videos at 2x and read the transcripts while it was playing, I could usually run through one in a weekend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inkleind's post:
  • RachelB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fast, Cheap Education Courses sanantone 5 1,387 01-26-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: acethroughcollege
  Get transcripts with grades, not just credits, fast Osioko 5 1,073 10-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast Start Alpha 2 1,006 01-05-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Star ModernStates Update + Passed my first CLEP! SCYankee 24 10,602 07-01-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Doctor_Jolly