Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long to complete SDC Accounting courses?
Hello all, 

I realize that there's a lot of variables like prior knowledge, amount of study time, etc. But I was really hoping that someone who's completed any of the Study.com accounting courses could comment on approx. how long they took to complete. I'm working really to hard to have my degree wrapped up by spring of '19 and want to know if its possible to have my six remaining accounting courses plus capstone completed in this time frame.

Thanks!
(11-15-2018, 02:52 PM)AMRH94 Wrote: Hello all, 

I realize that there's a lot of variables like prior knowledge, amount of study time, etc. But I was really hoping that someone who's completed any of the Study.com accounting courses could comment on approx. how long they took to complete. I'm working really to hard to have my degree wrapped up by spring of '19 and want to know if its possible to have my six remaining accounting courses plus capstone completed in this time frame.

Thanks!

I only took Accounting I and II (Intro to Financial and Managerial Accounting) via Study.com so I don't know if that is useful to you, but I can say that all the SDC courses are pretty much the same, and the time it takes to get through them is fairly consistent (or was for me) if you're focused and study the same for every course.

We cannot really predict how quickly someone else will be able to get through a course, but I can tell you how things went for me. Content wise I personally struggled a bit more with financial accounting while managerial accounting was much more intuitive. I finished them both back to back in about two weeks, with about 60% of the time focused on financial and 40% on managerial accounting. I have no idea whether the more advanced accounting courses are more challenging or more time consuming or not.

I hope that helps.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thanks for the reply, Merlin. As a related question, can anyone advise me on the order to complete the SDC accounting courses in? I'm guessing the following order, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Intermediate Accounting I
Intermediate Accounting II
Applied Managerial
Advanced Accounting
Cost Accounting
I don't think you have to take them in any order. There were plenty of people taking the 3 UL ones before Int I & II came along, so I think you can do them in any order you'd like.

I will say that it really depends on how well you like accounting. I will also say that if you take them all, there is some overlap, so you would benefit from that quite a bit as you got further along.

I also think if you take the Financial Accounting placement test before starting the others, you may get a few things completed right up front.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 373 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,636 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,790 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,391 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,958 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,805 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 359 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch