Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long to post CLEP and DANTES?
Hi All-
I'm not sure if I need to call EC-Liberal Arts College or not. How long does it usually take the Liberal Arts Team to post your CLEP, DANTES, FEMA to your Status Report and Evalualtion Summary? I have transcrips that they received as far back as 6/4 with 29 credits that they have not posted to my record. Of course the infamous Information Literacy posted because I'm sure that is automatic. If anyone can give me some sort of time frame as to how long it usually takes them it would be much appreciated. I don't know if I'm out of line wondering if this is a long time to wait.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
yutzyj Wrote:Hi All-
I'm not sure if I need to call EC-Liberal Arts College or not. How long does it usually take the Liberal Arts Team to post your CLEP, DANTES, FEMA to your Status Report and Evalualtion Summary? I have transcrips that they received as far back as 6/4 with 29 credits that they have not posted to my record.
ABSOLUTELY CALL THEM!!! And WRITE them too, so you have it documented. That IS ridiculous!! :mad:

The Excelsior "Business Team" ALWAYS posted to my record the same day or the very next day after they received the transcript...without fail! I don't see why the Liberal Arts Team should be any different.

If anyone else has had the same problem, I would definitely recommend that you speak up. And if it still doesn't get posted, then direct the complaint to the Dean of that department.
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
UPDATE:
First let me say that I was used to dealing with the Business School where things were posted very soon after arriving at EC. I transferred over for a Psychology Degree. I called the Liberal Arts School and asked the secretary how long it takes transcripts to be posted to your Status Report and Evaluation Summary. She said 2 - 4 weeks. I explained that I had 30 hours of credits waiting, some of them for 5 and a half weeks. She let me speak to an advisor. I asked the advisor the same question I had asked the secretary and her reply was the same: 2 - 4 weeks. I explained the same thing. Her response was, "Rest assured, it will happen." I explained that I am in a hurry to get my Psychology Degree and that I came from the Business School and I didn't want to be out of the loop. Her answer remained the same. I got up this morning and checked MYEC and she had posted everything to my record.

BEGIN RANT and I know it's petty. I enjoy each and every time I complete a test to look at MYEC page and see those credits tick off one part and accummulate on the other part. For me, it's my way of seeing my hard work amount to something and also it's a double check to make sure I'm on track. But I guess the bottom line is this, it's finally taken care of and that's what matters. Has anyone else had something like this happen?
Dawn

72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
I don't know why it would take so long. It almost seems like the process would amount to simple data entry. You would think if they have the time to log the receipt of the transcript, they could put the course info in also.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
I would think that they would benefit considerably by getting and staying caught up with transfering our exams to our status reports. Then they wouldn't have to waste their time explaining to students why their credits haven't shown up on their status reports. It should cut down on their workload if they could stay cought up; wouldn't you think?:confused:
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
auminer49r Wrote:I would think that they would benefit considerably by getting and staying caught up with transfering our exams to our status reports. Then they wouldn't have to waste their time explaining to students why their credits haven't shown up on their status reports. It should cut down on their workload if they could stay cought up; wouldn't you think?:confused:

I like the way you think,auminer. You really would think that this would be obvious.

Sorry to hear about the frustration, Dawn. Hopefully, the situation will improve.
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:Sorry to hear about the frustration, Dawn. Hopefully, the situation will improve.
I am frustrated with the Liberal Arts College. On 6/27 (Wednesday) I emailed them and cc'd the Business College with a detailed email of what credits I had earned that were not posted and what courses I had to complete. I asked for approval of them and also that they be posted to MY EC page. I also asked that they withhold 2 CLEPS from my transcript as I was going to use them for my Accounting Degree. I received the automatic email from both colleges that they had received my email. The next day the Business College called while I was out and then sent a detailed email to me. I called them back the same day and was able to speak to someone about my situation. FINALLY on 7/3 (Tuesday) I received an email saying my courses were approved. They neglected to post them to MY EC Page. They also neglected to withhold the 2 CLEPS that I asked. I just recently found this out when they posted my transcripts. None of this is a big deal with the Liberal Arts College, it's just that I am used to dealing with the Business College where everyone is so on top of things all the time. Hats off to the Business College!! Big Grin
Dawn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post formatting settings ? Chimera 2 349 03-19-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is Genocide Ok as Long as It Makes Everyone Happy? LevelUP 7 1,089 06-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  For Sale: Post Graduate University bjcheung77 5 1,100 05-30-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Pretentious Post-Nominal Letters jamshid666 5 2,651 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Commute to work - how long? cookderosa 9 1,793 01-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,674 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,516 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  “Can I Make An Entire College Degree Out Of CLEP Credits?” jmeitrem 9 2,577 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there a time limit when completing your clep test? Clarebugg 12 3,855 12-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: desireelws50
  Why is study.com screwing over it's long-standing customers? soliloquy 5 1,393 08-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Study.com