Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much Military Credit will Excelsior give you?
Hi everyone! New to the forums and just had some questions that i hope some of you guys can answer. I recently applied to Excelsior College's BS in Liberal Studies program and i was just wondering how much of my military credit would transfer in towards my degree program or which degree program would allow the maximum transferrable credits towards completion. The Liberal Studies program seemed easy enough to just take a bunch of classes and tests to get that degree as long as i meet the requirements.

My military background: i am an HM2 in the Navy, been through HM school, Field medical school, and Hemodialysis school. Classes and tests ive take so far are listed in my Signature. i am also enrolled at national university, where they had given me 54 quarter units towards my degree... but you need 180 QU to graduate Sad . i only have another 1.5years before i finish but i would like to get my degree sooner even if its a kinda useless degree (as long as its regionally accredited), i just need it to start my MS in Entry level nursing so i can be a Nurse.

*i understand that every person's situation with transferrable credits is different but i just wanted to get an idea of how much excelsior gave you or your friends. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you folks may have.

Thanks
I know for me, looking at my status report, Excelsior gave me 50 SH of military credit. Not just as electives, many of the credit was business courses that were part of the Focus/depth, because of my Recruiting MOS. On top of the 50 SH, they also gave me 15 SH for the DLPT in Spanish. So I guess it was a total of 65 SH military credit. Everything else to complete the degree was CLEPs/DSSTs, and 5 courses.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Sweet. thats a lot of credits unfortunately i dont any recruiting under my belt but after looking around the forums im guessing ill get around 20-40 SH but ill see after i get my evaluation back. just need to take 12 tests if i get 30 SH so im patiently waiting. thx for the info!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,043 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,768 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 26,472 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,702 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,591 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,340 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,796 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,895 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,945 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Military waiver for residency charge at tesu Zachcleigh 4 2,309 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: ECH90