Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much extra cost to pick up the CS ASNSM while I get the BA?
Hello!

I am currently working towards getting a BA in CS from TESU.  You can see my initial degree plan outlined here.

I am interested in picking up the ASNSM in CS as I do it.  It seems like I could do SOS-110 one term, get the Associates, then do the capstone and pick up the BA.  

What is not clear to me is what kind of cost this entails.  I will need to pay the residency waiver fee for one of them; would I actually need to pay it for both?
BOG AAS from Pierpont
Tracking my journey on https://holbrook.blog
If you are graduating for both at same time you pay only one waiver fee.
The ASNSM is completely FREE if you graduate with the Associate's and Bachelor's at the same time. If you graduate with the associate's first, the residency waiver will cover the Bachelor's degree as long as you graduate within a year. Do keep in mind that, if you graduate twice, you'll have to pay two graduation fees.

Instead of the ASNSM CS, you might want to consider picking up the ASNSM Math as I am doing. It only takes a few extra math courses and is arguably more useful than the CS one. You could do both but we don't yet know the logistics of a dual-AOS degree at TESU as far as how credits apply.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I am a bit slow to understand what the ASNSM CS is for if you're going for the BA CS, it's an extra sheet of paper - sure it might be an ego boost, but it's hardly worth it, if you were going for an ASNSM Math, that would be worth it. From your spreadsheet, the BSBA CIS is showing as something you were interested in... My real question and reason for butting into this thread was to ask you - are you planning to pay the residency waiver fee or planning to take 16 credits at TESU?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts
Is 16 credits $8000. That is a lot.
(02-28-2021, 11:22 PM)Seagull Wrote: Is 16 credits $8000. That is a lot.

It's less if you have financial aid and/or use flat-rate tuition.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
> If you are graduating for both at same time you pay only one waiver fee.

@Seagull Oh! Sweet!

> Instead of the ASNSM CS, you might want to consider picking up the ASNSM Math...Do keep in mind that, if you graduate twice, you'll have to pay two graduation fees.

@rachel83az Thank you, I hadn't looked at the Math degree, but I will figure out the additional work for it. Good call on the graduation fees, I hadn't considered that.

> it's an extra sheet of paper...the BSBA CIS is showing as something you were interested in...My real question and reason for butting into this thread was to ask you - are you planning to pay the residency waiver fee or planning to take 16 credits at TESU?

@bjcheung77 It totally is an extra sheet of paper with no real value! Honestly I don't really need _any_ degree. I have a lot of experience and enough of a network in my field that I don't need to finish the degree. I did _terribly_ at college as teenager/twenty-something, and want to finish for my own sake. Adding an extra piece of paper would just be for fun! It's not actually THAT much fun, so I won't do it if the cost is high. It sounds like the cost is zero, or if move it to something like a math Associates, marginal, depending on the credit source, so it might be worth it to me.

I am interested in adding the BSBA CIS. It was a suggestion from @rachel83az when I posted my original degree plan. I only started fleshing out that part of the spreadsheet today, so I am not 100% sure I want to go for it, but I am currently investigating it. It might show up as a separate post on here later.

I appreciate any and all butting in! I am learning a ton from you and everyone on this forum.
BOG AAS from Pierpont
Tracking my journey on https://holbrook.blog
I would recommend finishing or focusing on your BACS, you can add the ASNSM Comp Sci and Math to your degree program list, you don't need to finish them if you don't want to, you can also add the BSBA CIS as well if you want. For the ASNSM CS, all the credits will be completed if you finish your BACS, for the Math, it may just require one or two more math courses, all lower level and available for an affordable cost, such as adding the CSM Learn course for $39 and one more Study.com math course for $70...

If your CLEP testing center is still closed, you may want to invest in a month of InstantCertCredit American Government at $20+$15 proctoring fee for that course, do it at the comfort of home instead of taking time driving and calling the test centers to verify they're open... I dunno, that extra piece of mind having everything done at home would be more beneficial for a nominal fee. Get the rest done with Sophia.org/Study.com combo!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
CSM Learn is great for math! If you can do calculus, you can speed through the course pretty quickly.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(02-28-2021, 11:59 PM)protagonist Wrote: > If you are graduating for both at same time you pay only one waiver fee.

@Seagull Oh!  Sweet!

> Instead of the ASNSM CS, you might want to consider picking up the ASNSM Math...Do keep in mind that, if you graduate twice, you'll have to pay two graduation fees.

@rachel83az Thank you, I hadn't looked at the Math degree, but I will figure out the additional work for it. Good call on the graduation fees, I hadn't considered that.  

> it's an extra sheet of paper...the BSBA CIS is showing as something you were interested in...My real question and reason for butting into this thread was to ask you - are you planning to pay the residency waiver fee or planning to take 16 credits at TESU?

@bjcheung77 It totally is an extra sheet of paper with no real value!  Honestly I don't really need _any_ degree.  ...
Just to be clear, you can get all of the listed degrees awarded at the same time and only pay one graduation fee. In your case, that seems to make sense to do.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cost of TESU vs. Excelsior TwinMom 13 1,310 08-22-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: turtlepuff1234111
  Quick, low cost BA/BS Phychology degree eogeaux 7 657 06-20-2023, 09:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which College, looking for fast and low cost EdwardLong 12 1,452 09-27-2022, 03:01 PM
  Not sure what degree to pick foodiegirl76 6 841 08-20-2022, 01:22 AM
  Fastest, Easiest and most cost effective Bachelors for a homeschool mom ErikaF 12 1,645 04-08-2022, 02:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How to get 30 extra credits for CPA license? acethroughcollege 20 5,680 01-17-2022, 02:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASNSM - Computer Science creationstory 5 856 09-16-2021, 04:09 AM
Last Post: jch
  Please help with TESU BSBA CIS/ BA CS/ ASNSM Math c/o 21'? Certainly 7 1,173 01-27-2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Certainly
  TESU -ASNSM Computer Science dodek101 31 3,226 11-02-2020, 10:12 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ASNSM Math lillingworth 13 1,541 08-18-2020, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee