Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much time?
I actually cant afford to fail. So I take my time and go through my courses. I finished my BA in about 11 months and am hoping the finsh the second one in CS by March or June Grad.

I actually want to learn the stuff. Some courses I finish in a day but 80% I take about 2-3 wks. I HATE to fail and rather prepare and rember what I learned than cram and forget it all.

I aim at Quality not Quantity.

Like my discrete math course. I may take a month. Calclus is taking me about 2 months, spent a month on college algebra etc.

Only exception is C programming and the Ethics course, those I rushed!

In case you are wondering how I divide my time I spend about 18 hours on my 3 day offs per week studying, and about 4.5 hours per day on the other days after work, Im a shift worker.

Of course I also make time on those 18 hours days to work on learning programming and side projects after all whats a degree without a portfolio right?

So I count that as part of pusung my degree.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

It really depends on what you need as well. For those of us who are older and just checking the box for a degree, we may spend less time "learning" material because we already know it or because we know it's not important to our work, and don't care if we get a 70% and just pass a course. If you need specific courses for your job, you may spend more time on them. And, there's the combination of those: for instance if you're going for an accounting degree, you are going to want to spend the majority of your time on your accounting courses, with less time spent on the less important stuff (like your gen ed electives, for instance). When you don't have unlimited time to work on school stuff, you need to prioritize.

For those that have a lot of time, or really enjoy the learning process, they may spend more time, while those of us who don't have much time will naturally spend less.

There's also the question of how fast you want to get through. If you aren't in a rush, you'll spend less time; if you are paying as you go, you can only take courses as you have the money to pay for them, especially if you're saving up for the capstone for instance. But if your company is holding a job for you, but requires a piece of paper for that promotion, for goodness sakes, spend as much time as humanly possible and get the degree!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon, quigongene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 6,374 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 355 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 457 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 681 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I am now taking two online college courses with the C-19 extra time at home. Life Long Learning 8 1,598 04-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CarpeDiem8
Question Taking two science courses @ the same time 2L8 8 3,806 05-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  Alternative for those with limited time thepoetvd776 15 2,859 03-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  CLEP College Composition - Transcript Time? allvia 2 1,096 10-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Last Post: allvia
  CLEP College Composition time to get score Homeschoolmom6 3 1,544 06-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Homeschoolmom6