Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course?
WGU IT degree plan

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • whiverem
(08-11-2022, 12:48 PM)rachel83az Wrote: There is a list of which courses are open book and not here: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ As already stated, sometimes the proctors aren't made aware that the exam is open book, so you have to be ready to argue.

Thanks for sharing that link, that's really useful.

(08-11-2022, 03:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For me, it's Sophia > Study.com > StraighterLine.  There are a few things you should do, 1) Decide on the degree so you know the requirements, you just mentioned WGU IT and they have several.  2) Create a spreadsheet of the requirements and view National partners.wgu.edu, from there, select Sophia.org, Study.com, StraighterLine, and anything else you are interested in, then input as many courses that go towards that degree  3) On my signature, there is a "plans" link, select the IT plan template and compare with yours  4) Upload your "homework" and we'll see if something is missing.

For the IT major If I'm going to take as many classes as I can through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. which classes should I take at WGU?

What are the easiest classes to take at WGU to finish up the degree if you're going to try to do the absolute maximum number of classes through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. mentioned here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

I wanna make this degree the absolute easiest possible. Thank you Shy
(08-12-2022, 09:44 AM)whiverem Wrote: For the IT major If I'm going to take as many classes as I can through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. which classes should I take at WGU?

What are the easiest classes to take at WGU to finish up the degree if you're going to try to do the absolute maximum number of classes through Sophia, Study.com, StraighterLine, etc. mentioned here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

This question was essentially asked already here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Sophia-etc
If there is anything you're unclear about, you should ask in that thread, to keep the threads separate.

As for the question posed in this thread, most grading is currently much faster at Study.com than at Sophia, and Study.com grading tends to be more consistent and more relaxed anyway, so if the Sophia course includes touchstones, then it's probably better to take at Study.com.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
How smart is the average WGU student? Are there people who are not so smart who still finish?
(08-12-2022, 02:28 PM)whiverem Wrote: How smart is the average WGU student? Are there people who are not so smart who still finish?

I believe smart people are made, you aren't born with smart traits.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2...-not-born/

There is a YouTuber who didn't make it past the 10th grade. Well, it's over for him, right? He will be stuck doing menial jobs such as flipping burgers, right?

Well, this person decided to go to WGU college and did a computer science degree in just two months. Then went on to do a master's degree in less than a month. Now earns six figures working jobs such as for Microsoft.

What does it take to be successful? The right attitude, discipline, and knowing how to find the most helpful information.

Today colleges will give out A's like candy and will pass anyone as long as they do the work. That's the easy part. As long as you transfer in near the max credits, your chances of making it should be very high.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu, whiverem
(08-12-2022, 05:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 02:28 PM)whiverem Wrote: How smart is the average WGU student? Are there people who are not so smart who still finish?

There is a YouTuber who didn't make it past the 10th grade. Well, it's over for him, right? He will be stuck doing menial jobs such as flipping burgers, right?

Well, this person decided to go to WGU college and did a computer science degree in just two months. Then went on to do a master's degree in less than a month. Now earns six figures working jobs such as for Microsoft.

What does it take to be successful? The right attitude, discipline, and knowing how to find the most helpful information.

Today colleges will give out A's like candy and will pass anyone as long as they do the work. That's the easy part. As long as you transfer in near the max credits, your chances of making it should be very high.

Thanks so much for sharing that. That was definitely nice to read  Shy
(08-12-2022, 05:59 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Dang!  I'd like to do that....
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • whiverem
There are many stories, where students who have a disability finishing a degree along with their parents or siblings. The average person should be able to similar to what an average WGU student can do. WGU goes by assessments and assignments, if the student isn't getting through the assessments, they have mentors to help each student and follow up. I like WGU degree offerings and how they do things, they've nearly perfected the CBE system and they're the largest and oldest as they're the "granddaddy" to CBE. As mentioned, if you put in the effort, you will be rewarded... just don't stall or sulk when something happens, move forward...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • whiverem
(08-11-2022, 04:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote: WGU IT degree plan

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

This just tells you which courses you can do at places like Sophia, Study.com, etc.: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan

Which courses am I supposed to do at WGU and which ones at those places, if I want the degree to be as easy as possible? I think, in other words, besides the courses you absolutely have to do at WGU which ones from the page should you do at WGU that will be easiest to do? Thanks.
@whiverem, hey, I understand that starting a degree while working full time is overwhelming at the moment as you don't seem to have a specific strategic plan in place.  Please re-read the entire thread and posts, including my double post, as I have merged the three threads you created last year into one as the information and plan template links are very helpful.

The plans are there as a reference, you can create your own spreadsheet and copy/paste the plan, make your own custom changes if you like one provider over the other, generally you want to take lower level at Sophia.org and upper level at Study.com, when you are done with your spreadsheet template, link us to your google or one drive, make the file viewable and not editable, we can recommend changes.

Note: I have merged the two threads you have created today into one, please follow the information on that post to provide us more details about you and your desired educational journey.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tips for success at WGU (to finish in a single term) Merlin 2 5,212 01-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: nykorn
Sad Struggling to finish angellicarob 3 639 10-26-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia Learning vs. Study.com BrotherG 8 1,408 10-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 953 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Do you have to be super smart to finish WGU? What can you do to eliminate any doubts whiverem 30 6,156 05-23-2023, 07:49 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,595 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU - faster to just do it all there - or - Sophia/Study.com???? esh 19 13,565 08-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing) Clepking100 6 2,086 07-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Information List of Courses That Transfer from Sophia.org to WGU BitWiseGuy 20 19,976 11-26-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  WGU MBA Reddit - Finish in 1 term bjcheung77 26 11,963 10-31-2021, 04:00 PM