Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get CS degree a cheapest way?
I want to work. With Software Engineering

I want the cheapest university. Bachelor's Degree I can get a four-year degree in computer science, and the fastest I want to get out of the present situation right now.

I want you to recommend me the university and let me see your degree plan like .xlsx.

Can I get a visa for my online degree?
I am also wondering if the work life balance is guaranteed.
(09-14-2018, 08:56 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: I want to work. With Software Engineering

I want the cheapest university. Bachelor's Degree I can get a four-year degree in computer science, and the fastest I want to get out of the present situation right now.

I want you to recommend me the university and let me see your degree plan like .xlsx.

Can I get a visa for my online degree?
I am also wondering if the work life balance is guaranteed.

The best option for an online CS degree is probably via WGU. However that is only an option for folks in the U.S., and I assume that isn't the case if you're asking about visa options. Speaking of visas, you cannot get a visa for online degrees. You'd have to be taking courses in person to qualify and those are pretty limited these days.

As for alternative options, you can also get a BA in CS from Thomas Edison, and I'm sure someone here can offer a spreadsheet with suggestions for that.

As far as work-life balance, a degree won't provide any guarantees. I can tell you that programmers tend to work as long and often longer hours than others since there is always too much work to do and not enough time.
Goal: BSBA-CIS and ASNSM-CS from TESU by March 2019. (May add BSBA-HR/OM AOS if I end up bumping to June.)

PROGRESS SO FAR (100.66 Cr):
  • B&M CC: American Govt & Inst, Intro to Computing, Intro Astronomy w/Lab [quarter-units]
  • CLEP/DSST: Info Systems (80), A&I Literature (76), Principles of Marketing (75), Management Info Systems (467)
  • ALEKS: College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro Statistics
  • The Institutes: Ethics 312
  • Sophia.org: Developing Effective Teams, Essentials of Managing Conflict
  • StraighterLine: English Comp I, C++ Programming, Cultural Anthropology, Principles of Management, Intro to Religion, Business Law
  • Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Information Literacy, International Business, Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Psychology, Human Growth & Development, Social Psychology, Intro Sociology, College Comp II, Business Comm, Principles of Finance, Accounting 101 (in progress)
  • TEEX: Cybersecurity 101/201/301
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Kelly Green
You mean visa for F-1 Visas?
I meant the visa for any country work visa not a student visa
Can I get work visa official accept online degrees?
(09-15-2018, 02:47 AM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: You mean visa for F-1 Visas?
I meant the visa for any country work visa not a student visa
Can I get work visa official accept online degrees?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about F-1 visa.

So you're asking if the degree earned will meet the requirements for a professional work visa, like an H1-B? I don't know about other countries, but the minimum requirement for an H1-B is a bachelor's degree. So yes, if you earn a bachelor's degree in any field via an accredited college or university, whether it is online or not, that should meet the minimum educational requirements.
Goal: BSBA-CIS and ASNSM-CS from TESU by March 2019. (May add BSBA-HR/OM AOS if I end up bumping to June.)

PROGRESS SO FAR (100.66 Cr):
  • B&M CC: American Govt & Inst, Intro to Computing, Intro Astronomy w/Lab [quarter-units]
  • CLEP/DSST: Info Systems (80), A&I Literature (76), Principles of Marketing (75), Management Info Systems (467)
  • ALEKS: College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro Statistics
  • The Institutes: Ethics 312
  • Sophia.org: Developing Effective Teams, Essentials of Managing Conflict
  • StraighterLine: English Comp I, C++ Programming, Cultural Anthropology, Principles of Management, Intro to Religion, Business Law
  • Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Information Literacy, International Business, Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Psychology, Human Growth & Development, Social Psychology, Intro Sociology, College Comp II, Business Comm, Principles of Finance, Accounting 101 (in progress)
  • TEEX: Cybersecurity 101/201/301
In the US, there is never a guarantee of work-life balance. You'll have to find another country for something like that (I've never even heard of that in my life).
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New here - Looking to upgrade to a degree (Canadian resident) zzzz24 63 1,642 09-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 297 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: jjsafari
  TESU Degree Plan Help joeguida 3 131 09-18-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: joeguida
  Degree plan for TESU Accounting/CPA Crt 0 90 09-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Crt
  Degree Plan for TESU B.S. in Data Science joeguida 4 116 09-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 140 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
  Degree Plan Help joeguida 2 121 09-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: joeguida
  Degree from scratch 2018 HELP Yana 8 420 09-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Yana
  Business Degree Wanted tayger91 20 662 09-08-2018, 02:43 PM
  TESU BSBA in Account Degree Plan UnbreakablyDetermined 1 156 09-07-2018, 11:14 PM