Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get Sophia for FREE! (Expired)
(03-02-2022, 12:17 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 11:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh wow, interesting, this may work for wifey and her friends... they don't have Avon yet, but seems like a great perk if they sign up!

It’s not a great income source at all.  But there’s a TON of perks. We had Sophia free a few years ago. Maybe when it was new.  I’m not sure.  That disappeared after a while. I was really surprised to see it again.

Yeah.  Besides the perks, if it's another side hustle for me, it's all good!  I can't live on my AmeriCorps stipend alone, lol.
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS, Board of Governors---Pierpont Community & Technical College, 12/23
Certificate, Community Health Worker---Berkeley City College, 12/23

Upcoming: 
Certificate, Certified Tutor---Berkeley City College
Certificate, Library Technician---Long Beach City College

Considering:
Regents BA---Fairmont State University

How long did it take for them to get back to you after you submitted an interest card?
(03-02-2022, 09:53 AM)thewupk Wrote: How long did it take for them to get back to you after you submitted an interest card?

Only a few minutes…. But I did also jump on their chat because I had an active Sophia subscription so I wanted to figure out how that would work.  The email came from “Advisor” so it looks a little generic.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(03-02-2022, 10:02 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 09:53 AM)thewupk Wrote: How long did it take for them to get back to you after you submitted an interest card?

Only a few minutes…. But I did also jump on their chat because I had an active Sophia subscription so I wanted to figure out how that would work.  The email came from “Advisor” so it looks a little generic.

Interesting. I still haven't heard back from Perkspot/Workforce Edge. Maybe because I just made my Avon account and haven't ordered anything yet...?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(03-02-2022, 07:52 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Also, when I was poking around the main Workforce Edge site, it seems there is no cost to employers to offer it as a benefit.  Depending on your work situation, it could be worth it to mention to HR and see if they would offer it.   I am not too impressed by the other discounts on the site, but Sophia alone is worth its weight in gold.  https://www.workforceedge.com/.

I requested an employer demo. I will post back if I learn anything useful. I noticed that they have a few other colleges listed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes katsiki's post:
  • Vle045
(03-02-2022, 10:14 AM)MNomadic Wrote:

Interesting. I still haven't heard back from Perkspot/Workforce Edge. Maybe because I just made my Avon account and haven't ordered anything yet...?

I have not heard back either. I think I will make a purchase and then get some family to order from the Representative link and inquire after.

I asked about the length of time regarding the interest card and I received this response:

Thank you for your interest in the Sophia benefit.
Due to a high volume of requests, there is currently a hold on free Sophia access.
In the meantime, please provide the following information so that we can best support you and your benefit.
Email:
Length of Employment:
We will circle back with next steps.

Perhaps new accounts will not have priority receiving the benefit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cbbaker's post:
  •

You can try the chat on Workforce Edge.  Maybe that will make someone look at it.  I honestly don’t know if they have a process for determining active Reps.   

I can tell you that I am very minimally active and have been that way for a really long time.  I first started with Avon probably 25 years ago.  I really never sold much.  My grandma used to live in a senior apartment complex and she enjoyed being the “Avon Lady”, so I would collect her orders and put them in.  But that was a long time ago.  She’s 98 now and lives in a smaller place.

(03-02-2022, 11:06 AM)cbbaker Wrote:

I have not heard back either. I think I will make a purchase and then get some family to order from the Representative link and inquire after.

I asked about the length of time regarding the interest card and I received this response:

Due to a high volume of requests, there is currently a hold on free Sophia access.
In the meantime, please provide the following information so that we can best support you and your benefit.
Email:
Length of Employment:

Oh wow!
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

Ya'll crashed the benefit lol
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

Shoot… I also see they are asking for length of “employment”. So maybe the best chance is if your employer already has it in their Perkspot. Also, I noticed that Workforce Edge appears to be owned by the same people who own Sophia, Capella & Strayer.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

(03-02-2022, 11:06 AM)cbbaker Wrote:

Email:
Length of Employment:

Yeah I figured. It wouldn't be as easy as creating a Avon account and then claiming the benefit. 

This is still a good deal but probably only for those who are actually Avon reps and have been for sometime. Not those who just created one ten minutes ago.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 424 10 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 884 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 674 Yesterday, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,055 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 112 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 502 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,435 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 742 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM