Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get Sophia for FREE! (Expired)
(03-02-2022, 11:45 AM)natshar Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 11:06 AM)cbbaker Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 10:14 AM)MNomadic Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 10:02 AM)Vle045 Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 09:53 AM)thewupk Wrote: How long did it take for them to get back to you after you submitted an interest card?

Only a few minutes…. But I did also jump on their chat because I had an active Sophia subscription so I wanted to figure out how that would work.  The email came from “Advisor” so it looks a little generic.

Interesting. I still haven't heard back from Perkspot/Workforce Edge. Maybe because I just made my Avon account and haven't ordered anything yet...?

I have not heard back either. I think I will make a purchase and then get some family to order from the Representative link and inquire after.

I asked about the length of time regarding the interest card and I received this response:

Thank you for your interest in the Sophia benefit.
Due to a high volume of requests, there is currently a hold on free Sophia access.
In the meantime, please provide the following information so that we can best support you and your benefit.
Email:
Length of Employment:
We will circle back with next steps.

Perhaps new accounts will not have priority receiving the benefit.

Yeah I figured. It wouldn't be as easy as creating a Avon account and then claiming the benefit. 

This is still a good deal but probably only for those who are actually Avon reps and have been for sometime. Not those who just created one ten minutes ago.

If there’s a non-unique code for each rep (e.g. something like “AVONREP2022”), could you just post the code for us here please? Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes BitWiseGuy's post:
  • TINASAM
Just made an Avon account and signed up. Fingers crossed. Thanks OP!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jcook1836's post:
  •
I got this msg from Perks 

"I apologize.  This is what we refer to as a "Legacy" offer, meaning this was negotiated by Avon in-house. When Avon joined Perkspot, they asked us to house this offer for them to make it easier for employees to access. Because this offer was not negotiated by PerkSpot, unfortunately, our insight into the validity of this offer is fairly limited. I would encourage you to contact either Sophia Learning corporate support or your Avon HR team to determine more information on how to redeem the offer."

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
If you really want to get a TESU degree for free. Work for jetblue. You get sophia, straighterline, study.com all for FREE and discounts at TESU. Plus your work experience could count for college credit.

https://www.jetbluescholars.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like natshar's post:
  • , jch, Vle045
Just a heads up for anyone that just signed up with Avon to try and get this. I got an email today from Workforce Edge and they provided me with a code for 1 month of Sophia. So while it's not the free year that it may been originally the 1 month is certainly better than nothing. Free is free Smile Thanks again for this!
[-] The following 2 users Like thewupk's post:
  • MNomadic, rachel83az
They told me that Sophia stopped the year program and are only doing the month. They also sent me this:
I have provided the steps for creating the Sophia account below.
Please go ahead and set up your account and start exploring the educational options available to you.
Sophia will be free for 30 days once you set up the account.

Steps to setting up and accessing the free Sophia account:
1. Go to sophia.org
2. Click "Sign in"
3. Follow prompts to create account
4. Click "Become a Member"
5. Under the $79 banner click "Have a Promo Code? Click Here"
6. Enter code AvonSpring22

We look forward to speaking to you.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 4 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, katsiki, MNomadic, rachel83az
I just got the email too Smile
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I received an email with the free 30 days as well. Same code. 30 days will be plenty of time to finish my 10 classes from Sophia! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes jcook1836's post:
  • Vle045
Oh boy…. maybe I got lucky. Or no one had used it in a while and they forgot it was for a year and quickly replaced it with a month.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Got a free month with AvonSpring22, didn't need it but might as well kill off as many as I can lol
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 9 131 4 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 58,963 11 hours ago
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 545 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 815 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 198 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 844 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 319 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 233 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,145 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 351 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM