Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to request a second evaluation
Ok, I must be missing something. I get two evaluations before enrolling, right? I've gotten the first one, but want to see how things shake out with a completely different degree plan. How do I request the second one?
Completed Degrees:
BA Education, Towson University 
BA Christian Leadership, Christian Leaders Institute 2023

ADDITIONAL GRAD CREDIT:
SCSU (9 Cr)
NationsU (6 Cr)
Walden MBA (3 Cr)

CERTIFICATES:
Certificate in Post-Crisis Hospitality Management - University of South Florida, Muma College of Business 2020
Log into http://www.tesu.edu/oss and choose "Academic Evaluation" then, instead of choosing whatever degree you have currently, pick your desired degree from the dropdown menu. It's considered the same evaluation.

The evaluation that "counts" is when the TESU staff transfer your credits from your transcript(s) to your TESU account.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
You're not asking for a new eval (where TESU evaluates additional credits), you're asking for a what-if scenario.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ok, I found the drop down. I thought everyone was referring to something else because they kept saying we could only get two and the drop down lets me look at all the different degrees.
Thanks!
Completed Degrees:
BA Education, Towson University 
BA Christian Leadership, Christian Leaders Institute 2023

ADDITIONAL GRAD CREDIT:
SCSU (9 Cr)
NationsU (6 Cr)
Walden MBA (3 Cr)

CERTIFICATES:
Certificate in Post-Crisis Hospitality Management - University of South Florida, Muma College of Business 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whitepines's post:
  • jch
(12-24-2020, 04:48 PM)Whitepines Wrote: Ok, I found the drop down. I thought everyone was referring to something else because they kept saying we could only get two and the drop down lets me look at all the different degrees.
Thanks!

Also a pro tip to anyone who later finds this thread: when using this what-if tool on the academic evaluation, do NOT select the bubble next to any of your currently enrolled degrees. It took me much longer that it should have to decipher the instructions and error messages regarding that.

I don't know if it's just me, but the automated what-if tool does a somewhat poor job. It always leaves me with a lot of leftover credits and blank spaces that it isn't capable of matching up. A real, manual eval gives a much better picture.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(12-24-2020, 04:56 PM)jch Wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but the automated what-if tool does a somewhat poor job. It always leaves me with a lot of leftover credits and blank spaces that it isn't capable of matching up. A real, manual eval gives a much better picture.

Yeah, it is pretty terrible. It basically uses a first-found approach to meeting degree requirements, so you can be missing stuff because it put something in the wrong place (a place where it fits but isn't optimal for maximizing your existing credits). This can look very different from a real plan where credits are applied in a more realistic manner. It can be helpful to get a general idea of how existing credits will apply to a degree, but you're almost always better off doing your own what-if scenario.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • jch
(12-25-2020, 06:32 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 04:56 PM)jch Wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but the automated what-if tool does a somewhat poor job. It always leaves me with a lot of leftover credits and blank spaces that it isn't capable of matching up. A real, manual eval gives a much better picture.

Yeah, it is pretty terrible. It basically uses a first-found approach to meeting degree requirements, so you can be missing stuff because it put something in the wrong place (a place where it fits but isn't optimal for maximizing your existing credits). This can look very different from a real plan where credits are applied in a more realistic manner. It can be helpful to get a general idea of how existing credits will apply to a degree, but you're almost always better off doing your own what-if scenario.

Agreed.  TESU will actually have to look course-by-course at a new plan to make sure that everything is in the correct space - the what-if scenario is just a quickie generic plan done by a computer, which isn't optimal.

My job with Study.com is to create degree plans for people.  I always do the one they're requesting, but then if I can see that there is something that's a better fit, I usually include that one as well (either similar degree at a different school, or different degree at the same school).  Like, if a person has taken a bunch of CompSci courses, and GE's, but hasn't gotten past Intermediate Algebra, and it's been 20 years since they've been in school: I will create that BACS degree for them, but then also include the BALS with a concentration in CS.  That way they have a backup plan.  Or they want a BALS from TESU, but have a bunch of NA credits - I'll do a BALS from EC as well.  Sometimes it's just easier for a person to look at your credits to make a determination.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jch, Merlin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 611 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  TESU Academic Evaluation & Maximum Transfer Credits bradonomics 19 1,943 09-07-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,253 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Question about my Academic Evaluation AnalysisParalysis 19 2,151 07-15-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Yolan
  Study.com, TESU Evaluation & Residency dbrown2258 33 2,397 04-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU evaluation question/complaint Amberlinjeanne 10 1,346 05-24-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Transcript evaluation - transferring RA creds into TESU jazzcat 23 2,706 03-14-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
Question Academic Evaluation with different catalog years AllThose299s 2 679 02-16-2022, 12:57 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  In September enrolled, sent transcripts, got evaluation - Need help navigating mahaganapati 7 869 02-11-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: mahaganapati
  Unofficial degree evaluation - Drop-down menu (certificates) carrythenothing 2 812 01-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing